BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Thanks for the answer. 1500lm from a single 14500! amazing! Wonder if the mfg could use 22ga. in the stock lights, I wouldn’t think it would be more than a few cents extra.

Which one is best, the Efest Purple IMR or the Windyfire IMR ?

Pretty much what Bugs said.

Remember, the SS/Cu version is the main target here. The Aluminum version is a secondary option only, and is dependent on the success of the SS/Cu versions. This is what I said in the OP when this GB started:

“I am also considering a matte black aluminum HAIII version (same finish as original X6-SE) as a lower cost option, estimated around $45/set.”

The operative word here is considering. To clarify, if the SS/Cu set does not reach minimums, then the Aluminum set will probably not happen due to increased minimums, cost etc.

That being said, I also believe (as Bugsy does) that we will not have a problem hitting the minimums for the SS/Cu set. We have some REALLY COOL features that we are looking at! It is too early to roll these features out. We have to test them first to see if the new features are viable.

IMHO…the SS/Cu set is going to be a once in a lifetime kinda thing that almost every flashaholic will want in their collection. It would probably cost you $200+ or more to get something like this elsewhere, and that is if they were even able to do it. It is an absolute steal at the estimated price. So hang in there…new samples are around the corner and probably shipping to us next week.

kronos :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to convince anyone that this light is for them. You should make your own decision about that. But, if you’ve seen the light, and the only reason you have not yet put your name on the list is because of the price, please look at the tremendous value we’re getting here. As bugsy36 and kronological and DB Custom and others have all been saying, each host alone will be worth more than the price that we’re getting the set of two complete lights for! Come on guys! If we want these to be available for Christmas 2015 (which I at least do), we have to get the interest list filled up!

Also, for anyone who only wants one of the lights from the set and not the other: I don’t personally like the idea of breaking up serial matched sets, but several guys are already saying that they’re planning on selling one and keeping the other. Realize that you could sell the one light you don’t want for more than the whole set will cost you. So, you have nothing to lose!

>> … These lights are proven …
> … We have to test them first …

That’s why signups are slow, I would guess.
The crucial test happens with the production run.

How does the manufacturer profit making a one time small batch?

The Efest Purple 14500 is the king. I don’t know if it’ll be a major difference on a single emitter light, but in a quad it annihilates the competition.

Seems funny to me that someone wanting the absolute bottom dollar price is worried about the manufacturer making a profit. I believe it’s been very openly discussed here that in order for them to make the SS/Cu X6/K6 set they have to make 200. There’s the profit line. They can’t do it at 130, or 170 or whatever. They set the limit, there it stands.

As y’all know, there were a few lights made in a misunderstanding, 4 X6’s that they mistakenly made in the wrong material. I have one of those 4. I like it so well I bought a $110 emitter to put in it. I’m poor, have very little money to use on lights for sure, so this should speak volumes about the build of this Manker sample.

I have a friend in Connecticut who is out camping at this very moment, rapturously enjoying his new Manker K6 Quad XP-L V3 2B HI that I sent him to test in the field. Putting out over 3000 lumens from the Purple Efest 14500, it’s an astonishing little light. I’ll have some input from him middle of next week as to how it handled a week of near constant use in the field.

Very much looking forward to this set of lights, one of a kind and serial numbered, they’re sure to be at the top of my rotation in EDC lights, beating out a LOT of competitive lights to be sure!

166 sets currently on listing while we are not yet have approved sample already impressive enough.
There is possibility some still hesitate for now, may be if they did it right on BLF A6 we already achieve 200 or more.

I’m on the SS/Cu list at 133 currently. I’ll bite for another so stick me in at slot 153 for a second SS/Cu NW to fill the gap in the list.

I changed the position and the format of the interest list so it would be easier to access. It is now in columns, SS/Cu on left and Aluminum on right. I will also keep it at the top of the OP so people don’t have to scroll down so far.

I think I got all the names transferred correctly, but let me know of yours is mysteriously missing :slight_smile:

kronos
(Update in OP)

Gah, you guys who already have hands on these lights really know how to sell them! Alright, fine, put me on the list for another SS/CU set so I’ll have one set to keep original and one to play with. Make this set a CW.

I read mention of the K6 being done in SS/Cu to match the X6, but I guess that idea is off the radar now? That would be cool a matching set. But all copper is cool too.

I love the look of polished copper and stainless!

Please count me in at slot 169 for a SS/Cu set in NW

Hi, Im in for one Cu set - NW and one Alu set - NW

I am in for 1 (SS/Cu) NW
Thanks

Aside from what I have earmarked for others, that is why I have 3 SS/Cu+3 AL. The AL will probably and most likely all go away but two of the SS/Cu are for me personally. I only have the SS X6 style but the heft and feel of that light is just awesome. Lately I have been using that instead of the LS D80 when checking the yard at night for traces of raccoons that are looking for a breeding spot (my attic !!).

You will have no regrets being able to play with a light that does need a step down (with a DD driver and single emitter...can't say about a triple XHP70 LOL)

Sorry for any damage to the cause, but I’m going to have to opt out. #72 SS/Cu.

Ok, I think a third set would be nice.
Please count me in at the now free slot 72 for a CW.
Thanks

Put me down for a third SS/Cu set in WW at #175.

No worries :slight_smile:

Only 28 to go by my count :exmark:

Time to start putting my money away :)