BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Many thanks for this flashlight-project!

Please, put me down for 1 x Al-set (CW)

Best wishes

AdAm0

One Al Set please in NW.

Hi, please add me for one AL set with NW thanks!

Gerd

And may he look over you and protect you from all the possible (and imagined) petty issues/questions and Bad/Wrong mods that are going to happen to this set of flashlights. Lot’s of moving parts as they say.

If the customer service reps at BangGood thought the BLF A6 was confusing, well, they haven’t seen anything yet.
They may need to build a new wing.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and ….Here we Go!

Please add me to aluminum set - NW

I’m #196 on ss/cu set - NW please

I have one light with a lit tailcap - FANTASTIC for travel as you can easily find it in your bag. It was a “semi-custom” job ny Sabrewolf ~7 years ago (neutral MC-E in cheap host)

I think the lights look fantastic and can’t wait to get my sets.

Can I just ask one thing, I am not sure if it has already been mentioned. The knurled section on the head of the stainless steel light is a larger diameter than the rest of the head. Is that going to remain or will it be made all the same diameter like the aluminium version has been done?

First, I love all the new tweaks and the lighted tail cap is just SICK! I don’t even think I’ve used that to describe anything before. I do have a question though. It was said that Manker just threw in the pink tail cap boot. What color will the production switch cover (boot) be? Is it a crazy idea to have it shipped with maybe two like a blue and a green or something? Or go for three in blue green and orange or red? Seems like that wouldn’t add any time to the project and it would give an amazing color changing option.

The form of the BLF X6 is my favorite to hand hold, it has an incredible beam pattern and dissipates heat very well.

I can only see these as an improvement. This will be the perfect first copper light! They are just plain sexy! :slight_smile:

Matt

LSX, great question… I was pretty sure we had asked them to make the SS light just like the others and was fully expecting that to change. I have to say though, it’s not so prevalent that it’s ugly and the feel of it in the hand is very positive, the knurling is more aggressive so the grip on that “belt” is very good.
The light could shed some weight if they’d thin that bezel down, but all in all it’s the heft of the thing that is most impressive. My Dad is almost 87 (birthday this month on the 20th) and he keeps wanting to take it away from me and play with it, with a big grin on his face. So I’ll be giving this one to Dad in a few weeks. :slight_smile:
At this stage of the game, for obvious reasons, it’s doubtful any more changes will be made in the physical light. Complicated, time consuming, and probably price raising.

This little Cu X5 is MINE, All MINE! :evil:

Not sure why I didn’t post it with the other’s, thought I’d already said it I guess…

I got 1249.4 lumens from the Al X5 without spring bypasses. (I think that’s right, not sure about the decimal point now that I see it in type, I know it was 1249 though… not at my desk or computer) so yeah it’s right there with it’s siblings, impressive and pretty much mind blowing to see that kind of light come out of this small package, and the weight of it is like a cotton ball, crazy stuff. (I don’t literally mean it weighs the same as a cotton ball, of course, only saying that it’s so light you can easily forget it’s in a pocket, I can barely feel it’s weight in my hand)

You’re doing this carefully. Greatly appreciated. Gives me hope. Takes my money……

Either y’all are going to get statues of yourselves in China for bringing their small production into the 20th Century,
or they’re going to eat us for lunch and laugh themselves sick.

I’m going with the first scenario.

Experience leads to better judgment, y’all have been through the mill
(at least virtually, tho’ I wish we’d bought someone a plane ticket to go there literally)
to check on these lights already and know what to watch out for.

Please count me in for an aluminum X6 (if I’m not too late to the party)!

Edit: hey, first post!

Hank, this last round of samples is a different caliber of physical flashlight. They listened. The quality is definitely higher, they show a very decided step up in QC, from the reflectors to the snug threads and the clean and better looking ano on the Al light, someone got the message. I don’t know if people got fired or we got bumped to the A-Team, but the difference is nice and these are freaking sweet!

The coating on the little Cu X5 actually breaks electrical continuity. Trying to test tail end current it makes no connection on the outer head or pill, you have to go to the end where the coating isn’t present to get that continuity. I don’t know what they did, but it’s either clear coated or something and you can sort of feel it in hand, it’s not bare metal. I don’t know how long that will last or how it’ll hold up, but if you’re going to use it and carry it daily then wear and tear is part of the game anyway. If you put it on a shelf to play with now and then it should be good for a very long time. I get the impression that it’s a polymer coating, fairly thick, but I don’t know.

I’ve used rennaisance wax and I’ve used that Everbrite Clear Coat. The wax doesn’t last but a few days for me, and the Clear coat starts flaking within the month, so I know it’s not either of those two that they used here. I’ve been handling this light for a couple of days, taken it apart 3 times, and there is no sign of a darkening anywhere on the light. Not a long time, but any bare copper would be showing a darkening by now with this much handling. Not much experience with it yet, of course, but there ya go.

(Oh goody, a statue of me for Chinese birds to poop on, how wonderful! :P)

No front shot?

Chinese birds? In the immortal words of Tom Lehrer, talking about the 20th Century in the USA, “birds gotta fly, but they don’t last long ….” Move into the 20th Century, yeah, but let’s hope they learn from our mistakes, too.

Wouldn’t it be more logical and energy saving to increase this resistor, instead of changing the two resistors in the tailcap to lower the brightness?

Regards, Juergen

An attempt to show the Cu X5… I hate being sick! Nothing wants to work like I want it to…

I don’t see any statue …

Must need a brighter flashlight.

Have you considered having a formal “Charlie Test” round — say this first entire batch people have committed to — with a commitment to continued feedback and tweaking for a second batch to be at least as good, maybe even better?

I ask because I’d hoped to buy second — improved — batches of earlier group buy lights, but they didn’t go that way.

Because, tho’ this first set looks really good — more eyes and hands will notice whether they maintain the sample standard quality. Admittedly that’s a hard thing to do.

If they do — later on — keep up the quality, I am sure I’ll want to buy more.

Because these lights, kept up and even tweaked better, will blow all other competing lights out of office.

Y’all better watch your backs for sss@ins from M@g and the rest of the big businesses.
Or worse, patent lawyers. I remember what happened to Arc.