GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

Hunting like the cavemen with clubs over that way still? LOL

That is pretty funny they freeze like that though, with the bright light hitting them, I may have to try that one night instead of shooting them from a distance with the pellet rifle.

I’d advise everyone to hold off on the maxtoch h01 headlamp for now due to it currently being recalled.

Wouldn’t you?

Chris

The HO1 is a good wee unit.

I have asked the company to increase inner tube size by 0.5mm as it does not easily fit some batt types. They suspended sales to make this change now - should be back on sale shortly.

I had not heard that about the H01. It is a pretty nice light. I have one I am currently doing a review on. I checked and most of my protected batteries seem to fit. 2/4 protected Xtars, and 4/4 protected TF flames fit fine. Like MG said, MT increasing the battery compartment I.D. by .5mm will be real helpful.

Saw the review Krono, and I have seen the light, seems like a nice small unit to me with good output.

If they could only get it to shine like the M24 now? :wink:

Some have asked me about the driver and Led board and such. Although I am not exactly sure if the driver will be the same as this one, and updated, or if it will be another design all together (as it will be a higher amp driver) these pictures show what is in the M24 I already have , but keep in mind, that mine IS an older model.

The Led sits on a solid shelf (minus the small dimple) and heat seems to be moved very efficiently with the Copper MCPCB

Very interesting :slight_smile: please let us know if there is some gain to be had by using copper retaining rings instead, if you manage to try it out.

I have been wondering about something similar. Would you get higher amps from a light made out of copper because of the lower resistance in the ground path than an alu light……? It was the Cu K6 & Alu K6 that got me thinking about it.

I don’t really like the idea of copper lights because of the added weight over aluminium, but if there was a substantial level of extra max output I might have to reconsider :slight_smile:

A few more pictures as the first ones raised another question, about Orings.

Hey Tom, check it out… here’s a pic that shows the convergence of a beam with long distance throw. Notice the dark “V” in the middle, this is where your donut hole comes in when shining it up close. This particular light has a throw measured in MILES! It has no reflector, it’s lens is tiny. A focusable 3 watt blue laser…

When I got my TK61 focused at over 400Kcd, it was like this… the “V” was out there some 25-30’ away.

Edit: Dug out the pic of my TK61 shining across the Mississippi River at Vicksburg. :slight_smile:

Figured I may as well get the rest of the pictures up since I had most of them posted on the M24 already.

Reflector

Reflector Closeup

Inside Tailcap

PRETTY REFLECTORRR :heart_eyes:

Were just about halfway there! :slight_smile:

Yes Krono, teetering at the peak almost, just 2 more will put us on the downhill roll, then this thing can be well on its way with some really great throwers in hand in the end.

C’mon guys I really would like to see this thing go through. I don’t really know how long the company waits or anything, as far as deadlines (or if there are any), one of you seasoned GB guys have any idea on that?

I for one, am kind of anxious to have this higher amp version M24, as my older one is an awesome thrower already, and I think this one will be even more so.

Lets not just have this GB get stagnant, and get some names on the list!!!

I got some new beamshots last night, that may be a little better to see the actual throw of this light ( as it hits an object) instead of just trees and grass.

The little “white specs” you see in the shots, is a NON reflective, plain white, plastic rectangle approximately 24 inches x 18 inches in size.

EDIT: This particular light, (XM-L2 U2 dedomed) , with stock driver

175 yards (Low)

175 yards (high)

400 yards (Medium)

400 yards (High)

Enlarged 400yds (High)

Man! Look at that! A hog hunter’s delight! :slight_smile: Coyote would show up pretty dang good too!

And this is a domed or de-domed light? We can expect even more power from the light in the group buy? And with an HI emitter, right? Should be pretty sweet, well out past 600 yds. Get em to send me one and I’ll check it out… :stuck_out_tongue: hahahahahahahahaha

This is a dedomed XM-L2 U2 with stock driver, I am anxious to see the output from the higher amp driver with the XP-L HI as it should be pretty awesome.

That one you’ve got is pretty righteous it’s own self! What I look for is that parallel beam, see how the blue beam seems to be the same width close in as far out? Most lights that will grow wider as it get’s further out there, or you even see it cross itself in a “V” and start getting wider again on the other side of that point of focus.

Yours shows a nice tube of light, way downrange, perfect thrower! I’d love to see that at work in some mountainous area, shining across a canyon. :wink:

Yes I have heard that the “straight” beam or tube was what you want in a thrower….this one stays pretty consistant.

Put me down for 1.

Great beamshots!

Thanks, and got ya added