GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

“The amps… I’m assuming the higher the brighter, but you lose efficiency and battery life exponentially goes down? ”
Yes

“Taking the amps into consideration what battery do you all recommend? What charger?”
Well,the Samsung 30Q is what I’ll be using…. 3000mAh and 15A continuous discharge. But for a series flashlight and newbies you should stick to high drain protected cells :wink: Check for Efest or AW cells. Charger I’m using the Xtar VC4 and it hasn’t failed me so far!

“How will this compare to my 3d led maglite? I’m assuming it’ll be a few times brighter at least?”
It will not be JUST a few times brighter, BUT ALOT brighter! Throws further too and its lighter I believe :slight_smile:

Cheers

I don’t know what Maglite you have but mine is about as bright as this M24 is on low……lol

Thanks for your work robo!

Quote” But for a series flashlight and newbies you should stick to high drain protected cells.

I consider myself a newbie but I think I understand why you suggest protected cell’s for this flashlight and correct me if I’m wrong , when using unprotected batteries in series you should keep those two batteries matched as a pair and voltage should remain the same for both batteries ,if there’s anything else I need to know by all means tell me .

Thanks

Yes, as for me I normally charge my batteries after every use. Protection means the cell doesnt discharge below 2.5v or maybe lower or higher. but with protection in high drain lights it could trip the circuit. But since this light is drawing max 5-6A we don’t really need those high drain batteries! Anything else just ask! :wink:

So with this light it’s not necessary to run” hi drain” batteries but you can , kind of like putting super unleaded gasoline in a car that only requires regular unleaded just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside :evil:

One other thing to consider - higher drain cells are usually lower capacity. The largest ones are about 3000 mAh. You can get “standard” cells like Panasonic GA’s or LG MJ1’s at 3500 mAh. 500 mAh may not make much of a difference in this light, but every little bit could help.

Are they going to send a PP invoice when the lights are ready or are we paying now?

Is it the same deal with holsters, we can order up to 3?

What did the amp end up at in the M24 BLF TE…….4A, 4.5A, 5A, 6A?

I will let everyone know when we are ready to start ordering and you can make the paypal arrangements then

Yes I thnk they will do 3 holsters per light also

put me down for another, 3 total

I don’t know for sure as I haven’t gotten one in my hand ,

it was requested to be above 4 amps but how much it ends up with I cannot give an exact number, I do know it will not go over 5 though as over that is too much for this particular LED

I’m confused… probably because I’m new to group buys. What exactly is needed from me at this point in time? I’m confused by the PM that I had received.

got ya

That is a total of 3 right?

Yes total 3.

About the holster and nylon bag, I saw green and black on their AliExpress store.

What color will be sent out?

Do we have an option?

I think they kind of alternate or something……sometimes they send out green and sometimes it is black……I would mention it in the “remarks” when we order Black Holster or Black carry case preffered or green which ever the case

Can’t you just ask them what amp they manufacture the drivers at?

And this is the first i have heard about the XP-L HI not surviving over 5A when on a DTP :~ that sounds weird, some have taken the XP-L HD to almost 7A but that is on a DD driver though.

I guess if Maxtoch buck driver have very large ripples in the power delivery it could be possible that 5A is the limit on the XP-L HI.
Or if you are thinking of the new high flux bin XM-L2 U4 because that one doesn’t like higher amps than 5A on buck drivers.

I’d have to agree with cajampa. They should be able to tell us.

I was part of a group buy to get their D21 (?) double XML torch and we were promised 2000 lumens but in actual fact, was only 1100 lumens. This was confirmed by members who bought it off their Aliexpress website.

So it would be good if they could confirm 4A at least….:slight_smile:

It will be over 4 amps….I just don’t know if it will be exactly 4.2 or 4.5 or 4.7, but I asked them not to go over 5 because of what I have read and what some of the modders said, that over 5 amps or over like 85% it causes excessive heat with this emitter. I would rather stop just short than have the light play out because of heat damage, NO?