I finally gave into pride and smoked my friends monster flashlights power star V3

What exactly is this monster powerstar V3 flashlight?

https://shop.monsterflashlight.com/product/mf-tactical-powerstar-4800-lumens-max-5-mode/

Not my cup of tea, but Google was my friend as far as seeing what it was. :slight_smile:

Wow! It’s Hideous, I like it! :cowboy_hat_face: But not for $250? $70-$80.00 maybe?

Gee… I don’t care how bright that MF Tactical Powerstar thing is…
It’s ugly! I wouldn’t pay good money for anything that hideous looking :person_facepalming:

That is a very ugly flashlight. One of the ugliest flashlights I have ever seen.

Yeah, it kinda looks like this ‘Mace’… a Medieval Weapon. :smiley:

Fortunately, he won’t have to bring it out until it’s too dark to see!

And I resent the comparison to that beautiful mace!

If you’re just looking for “one-up-manship”, this one has 5 of the same LEDs, plus double the batteries, so you could tell him it’s 5 times brighter for twice as long.
(and it costs more, at wholesale no less, so you’ll have him at every turn!)

But ultimately, I think eebowler got it in one. You just can’t win with some people.

I can’t believe this kind of people exist. I mean it’s so childish. Even when light junkie has shown his light which is visually brighter than that MF flashlight, he can’t accept the fact that his is inferior. (Pun intended)

A lot of those MF flashlight are ugly. Very ugly.
And the prices, ridiculous. A fool and his money…

And read the BS on their 18650 page.
$14 MF brand 2600mAh protected 18650
(vs $6 Evva Samsung 2600mAh seiko protected from RMM. I could maybe excuse the MF rip off price if he at least mentioned using seiko protection)

He helped “engineer” the 18650 they carry? I’m sure his help was invaluable to panasonic/sanyo, LG, samsung or sony.

No, he “engineered” his logo onto some shinkwrap.

Apparently any capacity over 2600 mAh is fake. Who wants to join me in a class action lawsuit against panasonic/sanyo, LG, samsung and sony?!

At some point, a high enough level of BS just becomes straight up lies. And you turn into scammer scum.

Yeah, you make a good point ‘DTB’…… my bad. :zipper_mouth_face: ……. :laughing: … :smiley:

Bad? No, that was quite good. IMNERHO, the prettiest post of the thread!

Lol yeah its runs 4 each xmlu3s not xml2-u3s and at 2800 mAh the guy was just as bad with his last version and he paid over 275.00 kiadomain has the same light for 45.00 but he also went on to tell that Howard (the owner of monster flashlights. Com)said and he (Artie )believes him, that if the lumens arwnt stamped on the battery tube than it doesnt put out what it claims it a law?Intold him i never heard if that but why doesnt monster flashlights use ANSI standards likw nitecore ,fenix and Acebeam .To be honest i di feel bad because that is hos only thong he had going for him .I would listen to him go on on about his lights andbother church member would ask me to turm mine on to compare and i really didnt want to bring him down nuy iam only human but the way he was getting Sunday insulting my crappy overated Chinese lights and the look on his face when he saw how his light actually faired. I felt like the parent who told his kid there is no Santa Claus so it was a bittersweet victory.

Yep, I agree the ‘Mace’ has been the nicest picture yet, I just feel “bad” about potentially taking away from it’s beauty by comparing that totally “u-u-u-g-ly” flashlight to it. :wink:

He’ll get over it ‘light junkie’… in time anyway. :slight_smile: :wink:

Sorry all about the gramar ,i have proof read and correct it and it goe right back to my 1st draft,Btw wheni ahowed him my Panasonic 3500 GAs heb aid therr arent any batteries with more capacity than 2600 mah per Howard,when i told him i had a meteor that put in wxvess 7000+ lumens he told me thats impossible because wicked laser is the Gueniness record holder at 4000 lumen per Howard

Be sure to remind him how yours need authentic Austrian Mineral-Glass Crystal to keep from melting the lens out of the front within the first few minutes.

Maybe you could even take it apart & color-change the head a little, to show how hot it gets…

I had the same thing happen one when a fellow camper showed me his self-proclaimed brightest flashlight commercially available (a Pelican 9410) then i showed him my TK75vn and the OL-Monster custom light (triple fan-cooled MT-G2) and he almost cried that his precious expensive plastic Pelican mega-box looked like a penlight in comparison.

That gow i felt at first when i tried explaining to my friend a coue of years ago andbi even forwarded to him flashwoki and thw table of different emittwrs their bin ratings and he said Howard warmed him not to beliwve the dtractors who cant afford gis lights ,but i did try telling him he is way over paying for emitters that cant produce whay they are claimed at bwing deiven no xmlu3 put out over 1000 lumens at 2.8 amps

Baa-haaa … I can just picture this. :wink:

Hahaha I’m loving this thread!