GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

You realize, of course, that the XHP-35 has a much larger die surface than the de-domed XM-L2? Not much way at all for it to throw further in the same reflector.

I have the stock centering ring in it now, it’s ultra thin between the reflector and mcpcb, not much to sand.

Yea guess so,the lumens are up though just not the throw, better put it back the way it came huh? :smiley:

Naaa, it’s still very potent and with so many more lumens the trade-off neutralizes. What do I need to see beyond 1000M? The sheer output inside 500M is plenty enough to warrant keeping it like this. I might find some 18500 cells and reconfigure my extension. At the moment, it’s a simple pipe with the manufacturers name on the side of it, lol.

I had a big project that I haven’t started on and had bought some 6061 thick walled tubing for the battery tubes, I used a piece of this, threaded on each end to match the MaxToch, and cut a sleeve that’s threaded through the middle, knurled the sleeve, it joins the extension to the existing tube. Works fine, Dad said “And just what in the world is THAT supposed to be?” lol

haha a club for the bad guys if it don’t blind them first.

The extended Shooter 2X XHP-35 over my daughters psychedelic bedspread, I shoulda made her take that with her when she left…

Ok, my internet and loading pics, once again an issue. Gotta pull that boy off the games…
I don’t even have a tool bar showing to allow adding pictures, I don’t really understand that as Image Shack opened and uploaded pictures just fine. BLF is sensing my poor internet and putting me on a base version or something.

The Olight M3XSUT Javelot with an HI emitter… 97 yds to the red oil drum Canon G1X all shots share the same settings… .5 sec exposure, f/5.6, ISO1600, Manual focus, Manual mode group on a tripod with 2 second timer.

The Maxtoch Shooter 2X XHP-35, same scene

Olight M3XSUT Javelot at the barn, 610 yds

Maxtoch Shooter 2X XHP-35, same scene

For the record, my initial shots when I got this light are in post 232. :wink:

Edit: Got the toolbar back. :smiley:

Edit II: I should also mention that this XHP-35 is a 5000K Neutral White version of the H1 variety. Wasn’t going for max output but rather a nice tint. I got 4 of these quite a while back, like before Aug of last year. This one and one on a 20mm Noctigon were hanging around in my bin waiting for me to figure out where to use em. lol

Dont know if it is my phone maybe? Have to check pics when i get back home as i cant view them on phone. Wife and i out for a nighttime ride on bike right now and stopped to eat.

Dale, Looking back at your original shot with the 2X it looks like it is pretty close in the amount of light hitting the barn with the U4 and the XHP both to my eyes. You got the XHP throwing well though in that light for sure. I do believe I like the original tint better but that is just personal preference.

knurled the extension tube, looks pretty good. Have I mentioned that I have a strong dislike for the knurling process? lol This Grizzly lathe is not rigid enough, or more appropriately, the cross slide isn’t.

I took some measurements of voltage and amperage at the the emitter, and when I put the bezel/reflector back in it went on a little differently. So I checked lux again and got a surprise! 326.25Kcd for 1142.37M throw. Pretty much where the de-domed XM-L2 started out but with considerably more lumens. Sweet!

0.06A at 10.80V for ~89 lumens
0.55A at 12.22V for ~783 lumens
2.87A at 14.75V for ~2346 lumens

She’s singing along nicely!

And the LD-2 driver is very efficient apparently, with tail current readings at .06, .57 and 2.89A earlier (cells were higher charged then)

Nice……maybe we will have to get you on the next line of extended 2X for the next GB? :smiley:

Sure would like to see the last 15 pieces needed spoken for on this one to make it happen.

Surely there are that many that need/want one of the best out of the box throwers out there , especially for the money to quality and performance ratio. NO mods needed and no step down needed for the duration of the 75 minutes average runtime on high mode.

Really just a great all round light guys.

I really don’t want to drag this GB out for months on end , as we have seen happen with some in the past.

So as Larry the Cable Guy would say……… “Lets Git Er Done!!!” and get the minimum filled.

A thrower with top level performance right out of the box. For those of us with limited modding skills this is indeed the simplest way to “Git Er Done!!!”
Based on my own experience, and the recommendations of many others, I also like the company. Maxtoch has a fan base among the Aussie, NZ and US shooting communities. These folks demand a lot from a light and Maxtoch seems to deliver it for them. All these are good reasons to get in on this GB and save a few bucks.

High mode is about 365k lux with tested runtime of 70-75 mins with new panasonic/maxtoch 3400s - intended for very long distance terrain scanning.

We set medium as the normal ‘hunter’ mode and this gives 250-260k lux and still 1000 meters max - with runtime of 100 minutes plus.

Count me in for this group buy I’ll pay with alibaba. Or where I can use my MasterCard don’t care

I will get you on the list. You wanting light only?

Only 14 to go for the minimum now.

Put me down for 1 light, PayPal. No holster or pressure switch needed. Thanks!

Got ya shimano , thanks

Can’t wait to get this mounted on the rifle. I would guess those trees are roughly 400yds away. Lights them up nicely. Took the picture with my cell phone