ENEDED

I will.

I Agree. I compared the beams of my old and repaired S41S head with the replacement improved one from Banggood.

The repair was that I sanded a small slice off the underside of the optic so that the optic sits on the same height as before relative to the (newly reflowed) leds but now without damaging them. The beam profile looks like the beam how I received the S41S first.

The replacement head, as modified by Banggood, has the optic elevated a bit to prevent cutting the leds.

First the repaired head, next the replacement head, both heads have N. 219B V1 leds:

Clear to me is that the beam from the repaired head is how the optic is meant to project, and that the beam from the replacement head shows the led a bit out of focus (but it is still not a bad beam profile IMO).

So as already feared, the ideal focal plane of this optic is with the underside squeezed into the led (or else, filed down a bit works as well)

I am writing some emails with the banggood Support.
Today I got a Answer that they will “sell them at our website around next week”.

Here some former informations:

I think it will be the complete tailcap, but I can not promise it. I didn’t asked this detail.

To complete the head that I repaired, I would need the tailcap plus battery tube. I hoped that tail-section+18350 battery tube was offered but it seems not.

Ordered with 18650 Extension Tube (Expected restock on 9th December 2016)
I hope I have no problems

i hope they sell it cheaper as you can use Convoy S4 $10 host which fit perfectly

Great find Nicolicous! I might buy S4 and build a triple with the old head.

So I placed my order on November 18. Got it today and all seems good. :slight_smile: First thing I tried when I opened my package was unscrew the bezel. It came off. Then I popped in a protected 18350 and everything is great.

I asked to offer the short tube too.

Some Mails ago, they send me a picture of the S41S with a red circle over the tailcap, to show what they will offer in the shop.

Not a good experience with Bangood. Something is fishy! Pushing me to a refund?

Any help Bangood?

Nov16
Ordered Astrolux S41s

Nov 28 (Notice about stainless tube)

Thank you for your order 21023875 .

We are sorry to inform you that the item(s) in your order is/are still out of stock at the moment. It may take several days for it/them to be back in stock. Here are the details of your order:
Item:
1085316 [SKU485251]Astrolux S41S/S41S Colored LED Flashlight 18650 Extension Tube Body Tube[+Model;Astrolux S41S]
Expected arrival time:2016/12/3

We could like to know which one do you prefer:wait for the replenished stock, exchange to other items or get the refund?

Please kindly notice that we will cancel the out of stock item and arrange the refund first if the item does not come until our expected arrival time.

We apologize for this inconvenience and looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

Samira

Nov 29 (order #21553153 Light has shipped)

-

Dec 6
Dear customer,

Thanks for placing order with us.

Due to some reasons, your order has been returned .

Would you like to accept a refund of this order?

If you did not reply us within 3 days,we will cancel the order for you .

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Rainie

-

Dec 6 (Reply to them)
Yes ship the light.

This has NOT been a good transaction…

Dec 6 Reply back from them)
Dear customer

Sorry to tell you that the item Astrolux S41S Stainless Steel 4x Nichia 219B/XP-G3/G2 A6 1600LM Mini LED Flashlight[ Design;Nichia 219] is out of stock now, it will be better to accep the refund.

Hope you kindly understanding and reply us soon.

Best regards

Rainie

-

Dec 9 12:07am Unceremoniously Rejected! Disgusting!

Order #21553153

Dear customer,

Thank you for placing order with us.

Since we haven’t received your reply over 3 days, we have just cancelled the order & the refund will show in your PayPal account within the next 72hours.If you pay by credit card, it take 2-3 weeks to transit to your credit card account.

If there are any questions or you can’t see the refund please contact me.

Best regards,

Rainie

Got my S41S today. I had waited to order until after the head issues were worked out, but when it was reported that the “new” heads were ready in early November I went ahead and ordered a whole light. Happy to report that all is well - no torn domes and no head glue. The optic only has two legs supporting it but that seems to work well enough. A nice solid little light all-around. I’m very happy with it.

Of course none of that may matter if they’re already sold out again… Sorry :confused:

That is truly bizarre and maddening. It’s weird too because I just ordered one on Dec. 4th and it shipped on the 7th. Maybe try ordering it again after you receive your refund. Seems like this transaction was just doomed from the start…

Reasons that may lead to order cancellation:

1. Stock delay - order maybe cancel if it is not shipped out within 2 weeks under their new rule. It is rather common these day.
  2. Payment method used - some has less credibility than others (e.g credit card from certain region). PayPal is still the preferred payment mode.
  3. Suspicion of fraud - if individual made too many PayPal claims or CC charge back.
  4. Miscommunication

I don’t think 1 - 4 apply in this case…

(my order nichia version which appears to be out of stock on now, other versions in stock)

My RUB with them on this particular order is they communicated that they shipped the light out on Nov 26. On Dec 6 they communicated the package was returned to them for some reason and asked if I still wanted the light. I responded within 26 min in the affirmative I still wanted the light. 20 min after that they communicated no stock (soup) for you!

Well that just downright wrong taking a mans 1st Nichia light from him, especially when you don’t have any more! Package comes back and you don’t resend it, what?

If they replaced someones original broken light with it I’d be happy; if they resold it to someone else I’m fine with complaining.

Is the problem with the screw threads (protruding edges) also solved with the new heads, so that the MCPCB sits flat on the shelf now?

I’m not sure what you mean. I guess I missed that problem being discussed. I completely disassembled my new S41S last night and didn’t notice any issues with how the mcpcb was mounted, but if you can elaborate a bit, or link me to an explanation of the problem, I’ll check more closely.

I tried hard to find the original post I remembered (by djozz?), but the best I can find at the moment is a picture made by CRX, but it also shows the edge at the thread.

#762 in this thread

Thanks and best regards!

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean now. I’d say mine is cleaner than CRX’s original one, but there is still a tiny bit of material lifted out of the screw holes. The center hole is very clean though. Maybe this cell phone snap will show it:

I intend to lap all that down some before I reassemble but I haven’t gotten that far yet.

I just received two that I ordered on Friday from an amazon seller “Firstmore” I have no batteries to test, but I have tried to disassemble the head, and from what I’ve read, if I cannot get it apart easily, I have one of the faulty ones.

These are Christmas presents, and I would like to just send them back. Not interested in buying batteries and chargers only to find failure and have to run circles at the last minute. Any other ideas to tell if they are the old design?

Also, if you don’t mind: The reason I came across this thread was because of a battery recommendation. I was going to go high quality unprotected, since the driver seems to have built in protection. Would you agree, or should I buy a protected battery?

Thank you!