GBGB: 4th batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050) - Coupon published!

yeah mine is in a warehouse in Alabama i’ll see them in a few days. Thanks to whomever posted that info about international bridge.

Mine arrived on Saturday, and they're really nice. One of them has just booted the Fenix LD02 off my belt. It turns out that one high-CRI multipurpose mode trumps three low-CRI modes for me. I just needed the keyring hole so I could lanyard it to my belt and make sure I don't lose it.

Thanks again for doing this, _the_ :)

Mine are here! :slight_smile:

5 of 6 are great! One has a sticky switch - mechanical issue not electrical. It works, it is just difficult to press. Oh well… 5 of 6 are great! :+1:

For those who already received the lights, what shipping option did you choose ? DHL?

I received my 4 lights today. 17 days in total. I think that’s a new record from China to me. I just opted for the free shipping, no tracking or anything. Gearbest does seem to have faster shipping to me than any of the other Chinese shops.

3 of my lights are winners, as were all my others from the prior group buy. 1 of these is an awful green. Worse than any green I’ve had even from Cree emitters. I’m not sure how Nichia messed up on that one, but it will become a glove box light or maybe a kid’s toy. Oh well, 3 out of 4 isn’t too bad.

The threads on this batch seem a little less tight. I like that, since I found the last batch was always a bit tricky to screw on the tailcap or risk stripping the threads. 3 out of 4 of this batch have really nice threads, easy to turn. Switches are nice on all 4.

I received my lights today and honestly I am a little disappointed in the thread quality and the LEDs. I have one light which I would consider neutral white - high CRI, the rest are all varying shades of green. I have a few Astrolux A01s to compare them to and the tints seem way off on the majority of the 348s. The threads are very loose and very easy to cross thread; as a gift item I am concerned they will get cross threaded by an inexperienced user.

I still and very grateful for all who coordinated this group buy. THANKS!

Edit: After firing them all up side by side, the greenest ones are the engraved ones. The green is most pronounced in the hot spot and the side spill is a little more white.

I received my 2 lights.
Nice lights for the price!
Not too impressed with the tints.
One is on the cool side. I’d put it in the 2A/2D cree range, based on other lights. But it isn’t too yellow or green.
The other is a little warmer, probably in the 3’s, but too much green.

I added a wrap of 1/4” wide, adhesive backed copper tape around the pill. That made a snug fit and the body does heat up quickly with a 10440.

Overall, I’m happy for the price. It is a very nice stainless light with a nice clicky.
It is easy enough to do a LED swap.

FB

The 348’s seem to vary a lot more in color temp than the A01’s do. The A01’s are very consistent (at least, the ones from the group buy earlier this year were), and I love their 4000K CCT. The 348’s vary in color quite a bit (around 5200K +/- a couple of hundred K), but I knew that from my last order so I was expecting it.

But yeah, the green… that was a surprise on one of mine, too.

received mine yesterday, not to happy bout tint. It’s cool white (compared with a skilhunt H03 NW) and the LED isn’t perfectly centred. But for the price I guess I can’t complain. Really was expecting a warmer tint. Won’t get much use since I have a copper tool nichia which tint is really nice and warm…

Got these from all three buys and I still have examples to compare between. On mine the best tint was first and there’s been a cooler trend since. Fit and finish (threading) followed the same pattern, best first. Remain a good value but…
Shipping was harder on this bunch too. Package looked like a hole had been burnt though it. One of inner gift boxes crushed but light works.
They’ll still make nice gifts. Thanks _the for your work on this.

The one i have from the second batch is my favourite . Nice neutral tint !

I have examples from every batch, and yes, I did notice that the first batch were a little warmer in tint than any of the subsequent batches. I reserved my first batch units for my own use at home, and carry a third batch unit on my belt when I go elsewhere.

I’ve been fine with all of the tints I’ve received though, perhaps because warmer tints throw me off very quickly. I love 5000K, but I’m already dubious of 4500K and thinking “ergh” by the time I get to 4000K.

i received mine and I am very pleased. The tint was a bit off for me at first because my only experience has been cheap lights that all seem to have really cold bright light. This one is a very warm light IMO and I love that it gos on my key ring. When compared to my Hugsby clone that I paid about $4.50 for the clone is brighter but colors are off. The only complaint I have is the clip is in the way when trying to put the back endcap on. Overall it is a really nice little light that I expect will last me some time. Thanks for doing this the!

It’s not hard to push the clip down past the end cap and you shouldn’t scratch the surface. That’s what I did, and it’s all good now.

Except for tint and centering of the LED the rest of the fit and finish is just perfect. At first I didn’t even notice where to unscrew the tailcap to put in the battery…… It is a very classy looking light.

Loosen the front of flashlight and Jiggle till led is centered, tighten.

Thx for the tip

My two arrived today. On one of them the threads are really loose. Even when it is about 3/4 “tightened” it is loose and would still cross thread if you weren’t careful. It’s only the last turn that actually tightens but I think that will also loosen with use. Disappointed. :frowning:

I’ll take 2 BLF with box.

Read the first post please . There is the coupon in the third line …