Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

We want to be able to take the light apart for a number of reasons. Glue makes it super annoying to do.

Agreed, I will not buy lights that are glued.

What they said. We want to be able to take it apart & change any parts we may want to easily. Glue makes this much more difficult. The driver retaining ring is a perfect example.

With the ring, removing & reinstalling the driver is easy. However, if the driver is glued in the process is much more difficult.

No glue anywhere please. :slight_smile:

Agreed, it still looks “serious” and “professional” while giving a slightly higher sense of perceived quality.

Sounding pretty good, thanks for the update. Although I personally only buy NW flashlights, I really do think they should consider offering an additional tint for others who are just as opinionated as me in favor of CW.

New technology comes out so I like to update my lights with the newest emitters, drivers, reflectors, lens….

I have a Convoy C8 with a XHP50 emitter in it. I seriously doubt the XHP50 was even invented when the C8 first came out!

You are about to design a flashlight that most of us will probably have for many many years. If we can update the technology inside it (emitter, driver, lens, reflector), then your flashlight will be used for years and years. :+1:

Thank you.

The L6 and S70 are partly so popular because they are easy to take apart, modify and upgrade.

The only people who like glue are engineers who don’t have to take them apart later on. Lol

Oh man. I was just thinking of buying that model. Thanks for the update. I will not buy it.

I do plan to buy the new C8F with 21700 tube even though it’s NW. I can swap the emitters. Hopefully it will not be glued.

And the glue is not the only one drawback of that light. I will make a review of it soon.

Is the UI definitive yet?

I dont like strobe modes, i dont need them, so that triple click for strobe may be deleted for me, just NO strobe (as a BLF special edition light)

A true moon mode (0,1 Lumen) however would be nice

You can use the weakest thread locker you can get. You can use on drop on the driver. Thats OK.

People on BLF don’t buy Olights because they don’t get easily apart.

One quite common checklist when a lamp is new:

- any dark spots on the led? If yes take it apart clean dirt of the led.

- Threads are smoth? no, clean threads with isopropanol and relube

- insert battery and test run

- disassembly of the head. Sand and hone led shelf and led-pcp complete flat.

- check the driver, clean off the flux

- replace the leads for thicker ones

• install a high CRI or other nice LED you like

I hope they not fit the SP32A new UI. It still need some polishing.

I was also considering getting one SP32A rev 2. Thank you very much for the warning. I will wait till a sufficient number of confirmations here of getting an even newer revision without glue.
EDIT: I have a better idea, which will be later in this thread.

I will also look forward to your review.

:+1: This should be considered for every single flashlight model. :+1:

They are still working on the UI.

If you don’t need strobe, don’t triple click. Are you prone to accidentally clicking 3 times instead of two? I do that once in a blue. It’s annoying, but I don’t think it’s a big deal. I agree strobes can be left out as only one or two people here said they want it. The vast majority can do without.

I suspect the international flashlight market has some kind of demand for strobe modes as almost all lights have it.

Do you really need a 0.1 lumen mode on a big light like this? That seems better suited to a much smaller light.

Like buying the BLF GT because of the moon level setting option. :smiley:

Yeah.

Actually, I suspect it may be darn near impossible to get such a firefly mode out of a big quad die xhp70.2. If the current gets too low it may not light up at all.

Or… :slight_smile:

Ok this is an error because the light is off and doing this. :wink:

Is it decided what size the driver and LED board will be Sofirn?

As for gluing it makes sense for a consumer flashlight it is much better to glue the light together and pot the driver. Driver retaining do come lose as do bezels after a while.

Nope, it is not needed…. for over 99% of people that is just a waste of ‘coding space’. But to each their own…. :wink:

What the he!!, Chris?!

That is not the BLF way.

:smiley: