Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

Suggestions
Survival Bling Kit

Contains:
Sofirn C01 w 3200k Yuji, made of Copper!
Sofirn C01 w 5600k Yuji, made of Titanium!

with tritium installed. ice blue for Ti, green for Copper
Black! pocket clip installed bezel Up, for hatlight use
keyring installed, with a clip attached
and Lithium primary AAA included
in a gift presentation box, like the Olight i3e

oh, and No Magnet! lol

C01 definitely needs a sublumen mode. Lets say: 6lm AND 0.1lm(or even lower) would be perfect.

C01 is a single mode light

I also like sublumen mode options, but that is in lights that have more than one mode. The C01 LED is not for that application…

your desire is valid, on a different light, with a different LED, with a different driver

the C01 is, and is only, a single mode light

I would like to add my wishes on new models of Sofirn:

1. A flashlight on a 18650 battery with an XHP50 emitter, possibly with the advent of the XHP50, 3 volts will simplify the design of such a model.
  2. Produce frosted glass for existing models of flashlight.
  3. If you are designing a headlamp, then consider a non-reflex version.

I wish you success!

Any plans for Sofirn Q8 with throwy 4000K?

This could be too much ambitious or too much stupid, but I think it would be fun to see small EDC flashlights (AAA/*10440* & AA/*14500* & CR123a/*16340*) with tail e-switches from Sofirn.

Small and compact flashlights, with a good UI, not necessarily pocket rockets (despite I’d prefer using Li-Ion batteries for higher outputs on High/Turbo), aligned in the same host style and patterns, only with different sizes for each type of battery, using optics instead of reflectors (to make them shorter, eventually).

Seeing some recent projects as FW3A and the Folomov lights, made me think of this! I don’t know if they would be budget lights, but having a collection of 3 EDC lights with the same style sounded nice to me! Maybe it’s just in my mind :stuck_out_tongue: And maybe my pockets would like more these small lights than big ones :stuck_out_tongue:

The proper temp to brew coffee properly is 190° F. When I worked at McDs (~10 yrs ago, so after the debacle) brewed coffee was placed in thermoses immediately after brewing (it had cooled to ~180° by then, and a little more warming up the inside of the thermos), and a timer was started. I forget what the amount of time was but I think it was about 20min. If it wasn’t sold by then it got dumped because it had cooled off too much. That was done because too many customers complained about their coffee not being hot enough.

And before you point more fingers at McD, remember that that Mr. Coffee drips boiling water through those grounds to brew the coffee, and before that when the percolator was king, that also used boiling water to brew the coffee. And I’m sorry, but where were her cupholders? If the vehicle didn’t have any, and she didn’t buy one herself, she had no business trying to drive and do anything to any hot liquid. If you ask, McD will give you one of those nice pressboard cup holders no charge.

And I still think the classic example of this foolishness is the case that supposedly set the precedent for all these suits - the guy that was trimming his hedge by using a running lawn mower. And when he lost a finger, sued the company because they didn’t tell him not to do that. And the ambulance-chasing lawyer that came up with the idea, and the mush-headed judge that went along with it didn’t help matters.

All she sued for was medical costs for the third degree burns across half her body. Only after McDs got nasty was when her legal representatives upped the stakes

Amen…. hot coffe is the way I like it. Otherwise, give me iced ‘sweet tea’. :wink:

Yep…. :+1: … Especially driving with the cup of hot coffe stuffed between her legs. :person_facepalming: … How dumb…. :person_facepalming: … And then she gets paid for her ‘lapse in judgement’ because of our crazy ‘legal system’. :frowning:

Seriously??? :open_mouth: . I had never heard about this. That guy must have had more than his share of the stupid gene too. :person_facepalming:
Sad that a case catering to a moron set a legal precedent……

If I had done something that dumb I couldn’t bring myself to blame it on anyone but myself. :+1: … :wink:

Most cheap coffee makers don’t maintain 190-200F during the brew cycle as it is actually slightly hard to hold water this close to boiling. “premium” coffee makers are generally better at maintaining this high/ideal brew temperature and are thus able to extract more flavor from the grounds and not make “brown water”.

Hmmmm…. on second thought. I wonder….? ……. If I found a 15 foot wall, jumped off, & hurt myself; could I sue the builder of the wall for not having a sign warning me that jumping from said wall might result in injury to myself :question:

Might be a risky & most likely very painful way to start my own small flashlight company. :smiley: . :smiley:

What’s that I hear? The sound of [Rude!] buttons clicking away again? :laughing:

Quite probably. At least the way this country’s heading…

/\ . You must be psychic Lightbringer…… :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll never understand…… :person_facepalming:
:wink:
EDIT: The video is great Lightbringer!! :smiley:

Sadly…… right on target… I love it. :wink:

I don’t want to keep driving the thread off-topic but…

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

So McD’s knew about the issue but found settling out of court cheaper than solving the problem and preventing their customers from potentially receiving 3rd degree burns.

Two. Days. Punitive damages are meant to punish a defendant for their negligence, etc. and no small amount will do so to a company like McD’s. That people still think the lawsuit is frivolous simply speaks to the skill of their PR department.

Another resource with an excellent video by Adam Ruins Everything

Maybe this should be Sofirns next production light! :partying_face:

What I would add to BurningPlayd0h's post is:

It's really quite offensive to blame the victims of McDonald's.

Yes! A thousand times YES! That’s what I need! And Sofirn Q8 3v XHP50.2 too.

Wow… 23.8 amps!! That thing is a beast…… :open_mouth: … :+1:

How many seconds does that take to burn your hand?

Sofirn : How about some sort of Big Lumen Output with good flood and throw. 80, 000 to 100, 000 lumens?