Anduril 2 UI diagrams (generic, Lumintop, Sofirn)

There are two limitations:

1. When you press the button, the LED flashes briefly. This causes the battery voltage to drop for a moment and the first (and only) measurement will report slightly lower.
2. The measurement accuracy is not very good, but good enough to measure roughly 0.1 V.

You can calibrate the voltage measurement if you know the exact voltage of your batteries (or after fully charging them). Go to full UI, enter battcheck via 3C, then enter calibration with 7H:

1C: -0.30V
          2C: -0.25V
          3C: -0.20V
          4C: -0.15V
          5C: -0.10V
          6C: -0.05V
          7C: default, 0V
          8C: +0.05V
          9C: +0.10V
          10C: +0.15V
          11C: +0.20V
          12C: +0.25V
          13C: +0.30V

My goal has been to avoid having to click 10x + 10x + 10x to configure the Simple UI! (aka got to Advance, Enter simple config, exit in to simple UI) That seems rather heavy handed! But I suspect I will give up soon and will go over to the dark side :slight_smile:

Why is it such a big deal? You only have to do it once.

There is only so much you can do with a single button. :slight_smile:

is it possible to slow down the stepped ramp? The diagram shows that capability only for smooth ramp. From off, 1H immediately starts behaving as if 1H was issued from ON aka starts ramping up very quickly.

I thought 3C no looping on battery check means I am in simple UI but when I went to Advance UI, the 3C still had single battery check and no looping. Was I not in Advance UI? How do I determine if I am in simple or advance easily?

If batt check didn’t loop you were still in simple UI.

If you have a recent version of Anduril 2, the immediate ramp up when you 1H from off can be disabled as well. After entering advanced mode, do 10H from ON and keep holding for the third flash, then release and click once.

After changing the setting, when you 1H from off the light will stay at the bottom of the ramp until you release the button and hold again.

Anduril can seem daunting when reading stuff like this but remember, once everything is configured you can switch back to simple UI and never think about it again. At its most basic, Anduril is a simple 1 click on/off UI with ramping.

Anduril has many user configurable features, that benefit from reading the Manual, and using a flowchart, when making changes…

What I am requesting is that when I do 1H from OFF, I want the light to got to floor and STAY there instead of treating the continued hold as command to keep ramping up.
The ramp already stops at the end of the travel whether at floor or at ceiling. That is NOT what I am asking.

Wurkkos has included printed manual for latest TS21 but done with the smallest font known to mankind! I have had no luck finding the matching PDF file on the Web. The manual looks like it is written in correct English and by a professional writer instead of being in “Chinglish”.

The light is using Anduril 2 but what are the defaults chosen by the manufacturer when the firmware was built? Does GPL require that information to be published?

One of the latest flowchart has top left block which says “1H in a config menu = 10C” What does that mean? I do not remember any other flowchart or document had anything like that.

Is there a paragraph explaining what “a config menu” is?

I appreciate your help. I do hardware/firmware programming for paying my mortgage, so I am not exactly unfamiliar with FSM. Just being able to get in to Advance UI took me many many tries. I had to do factory reset few times just to get out of “fast flicker” that I had landed in. Right now the battery check is looping, so I am now in Advance UI.

See my above comment. I answered this question.

Is it possible to “stay” in “Ramp Config” or “Ramp Extra Config” menu to do all of the necessary items which are therein instead of having to do the entire 10H sequence again?

Please understand that at least for me, either due to my clumsiness or the flakiness of the light, I am having great difficulty with 10C or 10H aka multiple presses consistently. I am trying to minimize them if possible.

Is there a global setting which will make doing this more forgiving? If I do that before doing anything else, it will make it easy to do the other configuration. I now I understand what my dear father must have felt when I was trying to teach him how to double click mouse button on a computer :frowning:

Yes, that is possible, see above.

Version check will tell you which config was chosen. Decode the last four digits using this list, then check the corresponding cfg-*.h file.

When you enter a number you can hold the button to add 10. 1H 1H 3C is 23.

Of course, in the manual.

That might be “a config menu”.

No.

No.

But everything can be configured during runtime compile time. You can create your own cfg file and build your own version.

Yay! An updated chart!

From ivan thinking net (a great resource!)

Hi SammysHP,

Speaking of this, was a "standard" ever finalized for a POGO pin configuration key adapter to flash file updates/new configuration files into driver vias or onto SMD pads using a USBasp programmer?

Sorry, I wanted to write “compile time”. No, there is no fixed standard. Hank uses a consistent layout on most of his Emisar/Noctigon lights, but other manufacturers use different layouts (if they have pads at all).

OK, thanks! Without a readily available adapter for USBASP programmers, and my desire to flash updates to my Andúril lights, it's the excuse I need to start learning an electronics hobbyist platform. But which one... Arduino? And where to start.

For a novice with solid soldering skills, what I need is a good online source to learn how to build SMD circuits, as well as basic programming, without getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of YT tutorial videos and other online sources to choose from.

Can a fellow Wurkkos TS21 owner with Anduril 2 do the version check? I am reading it as 2021-06-xxxxxx or 2021-07-xxxxx
Looks like I don’t have the “1H = added 10C” on my light even though it was released in 2022-01

Incidentally, I like version check which needs 15C or more but somehow still ended screwing up the aux led mode in standby setting aka 7C. Took me at least 5 more 7C tries before I was able to restore the previous behavior of the aux led aka low

Is this just the flaky switch or am I that bad at pressing it?

I am trying thermal configuration. I reached the temperate check and the light is blinking the room temperature pattern. One of the flow chart has typo. It says 2H for thermal configuration but I think it is 7H

When I do 7H and hold, some buzzing happen and when I release the button, it goes back blinking the room temperature pattern again.

- What exactly should happen if I do 7H and just hold; does something loop until I let the button go?

- When the button is release, what pattern should I be seeing?

- I want to set temperature to 60, so I should be clicking 30 times; do I just ignore the blinking light and keep on clicking?

• Is there some type of feedback when these type of configuration is done?

If you do 7H from temp check and immediately release, the light will buzz indicating it is waiting for your input. Here you would enter the current room temp (assuming the light is at room temp) to calibrate the sensor.

If you want to set the upper temperature limit, you need to do 7H and continue to hold until the light flashes once, then release. The light will buzz, and you would enter the desired limit as n+30C. So if you want the limit to be 60C, you would click 30 times, then wait for the buzzing to stop.

Unfortunately, there isn’t any feedback or indication that the limit has been changed. A UI involving one momentary switch and a single set of flashing LEDs has its limitations.

That was helpful. I do not think I managed to get it to buzz continuously. While I was clicking 30 times, the light seemed to in the “show current temperature” holding pattern aka “2blinks+1blink” indicating 21 degrees. That means I was NOT in the input configuration mode at all. The temperature calibration is close enough, so I only want to change the temperature limit from the default of 45 to 60.

Can you also confirm:-
Battery Voltage - continuously shows battery voltage in a loop
Current Temperature - continuously shows current temperature in a loop
Temperature Limit - NOT AVAILABLE aka never shown; only saved internally

That’s correct. In advanced mode both battery voltage and current temperature display will loop. In simple mode, battery voltage will display once before turning off and temperature info is unavailable. There is no way to display temp limit in either mode.