Flashlights in movies

That was our old Vietnam era night vision scope, or at least similar.

Active Infrared light source for the telescope. Source: http://ugca.org/07jan/night.htm.

I see all sorts of lights being used on Stargate SG1. Unfortunately I can’t pause anything that isn’t a recording. Often wondered what they were.

I went to the movies yesterday and saw the latest Resident Evil film, my friend couldn’t understand my excitement when I noticed the flashlights they were using: Nitecore TM26

However I highly disagree that they portrayed this flashlight as weak and unable to illuminate a medium size room. It was probably on low mode :stuck_out_tongue:

No screenshots of course as this was in the cinema. BUT GUESS WHAT!

I found it on bid by a movie prop auction company:

That also looks like the flashlight used in the film “Muppets Most Wanted”. I haven’t been able to get a good enough look to identify, and the light is only used for a second by a Muppet (Big Mean Carl?) as a spot light for the stage. I’ve tried to find a screencap but haven’t yet… Whatever it is, it’s a boxy quad and has a decided CW tint…

Obscure Google searches: “Flashlight prop used as stage light in Muppets Most Wanted film”… :stuck_out_tongue:

Westworld S01E06: I’m no Klarus expert, but this appears to be their RS80. Sure lights up things. :slight_smile:

Nice find! It is larger than I imagined

That’s what she said! :slight_smile:

Funny thing is, this scene was supposedly taking place around 2052. Is this all I have to look forward to 35 years from now when it comes to flashlights: an old Klarus? :slight_smile:

j/k

I hadn’t ever seen the Klarus RS80 before, so I looked it up. It’s a very expensive flashlight for a mere 3450 lumens triple XM-L2! Not only that, but somebody over there’s a complete moron! Look at this picture and see if you can spot the break from reality. I’ll give you a hint: CREE PCT.

Don’’t you get higher efficiency by running the LEDs at lower power…?
So 3 LEDs at 1/3 power would be more efficient than one LED at 100% while providing the same output.

My thoughts exactly…

Smart LED usage… not so smart it seems! Very good looking light nonetheless.

Bingo! You got it! Now, if guys like us can ’get’ that, why can’t the manufacturers? :person_facepalming:

No screen cap as I was at a friends place, season 2 of Daredevil has the Punisher using a G700 :person_facepalming:

Edit- for those with Netflix it is the season finale at 13.35, as Shane Frank lowers his hand you can almost read what it says on the tube and can clearly see the other markings on the head. For a G700 it looks to have quite a nice tint, I wonder if they modified the light or fixed it postproduction, surely they can’t have won the tint lottery.

I am looking forward to the Punisher series, hope they don’t bork it.

The Punisher will be the next guy we see hawking those lights on TV ads.

Bet he could really sell the self-defense aspect of it. :smiley:

why no shadow hawk / lumitact in movies? lol :smiley:

…um, two posts above yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Walking Dead S07E15… no idea what lantern it is though…

The Klarus is loooong forgotten in 2052. However, I would not be surprised if they still sell incandescent Maglites then.

Movie: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Scene: inside The Hive
Model: NITECORE TinyMonster TM26/ TM26GT/ TM28
Used by: Alice (Milla Jovovich)