3 volt XHP50.2

Has anyone tried dicing the 3V XHP50.2?

The green corona is nearly gone, and throw improved

Boy, now I luv e-switch lights even more!

The Amutorch X9 is one freak'n nice host for these LED's in triple. Dunno how it takes the heat that it can, but it does, and 10K lumens from your pocket.

I just had to order another X9, in titanium gray here at BG with Martin's discount - awesome price.

The head is made of aluminium, yes?

@Tom E, why not use that monstrous NightWatch that comes with 3x XHP50.2 stock?

Do you use the stock driver ?
Mine was only pulling 20A with 3*XHP50.2 3V and a Black LK 26650…
I’m back to SST40 because obviously 20A isn’t enough to reach 10K lumens and SST40 have a better beam profile

Thanks for your reply.
Did you try to keep alive ESD diodes? or are they too close to die to dicing without damaging them?

I mean like in this tutorial by ZozzV6 Dedoming Xhp70.2

Here is my version of the sliced 3V XHP50.2, stereopicture with the led at .5mA. As you can see one of the ESD wires was accidentally saved :party: . It is doing fine in a Nightwatch NS22 Seeker and has even seen quite a few hours of use during a school trip that I supervised (finding pupils at night around the premises :smiling_imp: )

Great skills!!!
You people are very helpful.
Thank you very much!

Because it's wayy cooler to have that power in a smaller package. You mean the NA40SE? It's a 41 mm head, smaller than a C8. The version that comes with the XHP50.2's is the NA40GT. I got the NA40SE, modded, but got the orig version with the mucked up tail with no spring, just empty space. Trying to get a replacement tailcap thru Neal but he's been very unreliable responding - a word hear and there, answers 1 of 2 questions, etc. -- getting frustrating....

No way would I stick with the stock driver - it's running NarsilM of course:

Measured 32 amps on a GOLISI 4300 26650.

Anyone know if the 3v xhp50.2 will work on this mcpcb (Noctigon XM20 20mm Copper MCPCB - XM-L2 / 6V XHP50)

Noctigon XM20 20mm Copper MCPCB - XM-L2 / 6V XHP50 ?

Yes it will work

Ok thx!

To be more specific, it will work on any 5050 board. It’s the same footprint/voltage than an XM-L2

Where’s everyone buying their emitters? I see them in ≥6000k on KD, but I’m really only interested in ~5000k at most or ideally 4000k. Do these even exist?

I’m getting them from vinh.

5400k is the warmest I have seen… at Cutter

I have 4 of them in my Q8 looks “great” in Turbo mode and Off mode!!!

But lowest modes/levels….not so much :smiley:

Where is a good place to buy one in 5000-5400K in Europa.
I am modding my ZY-T08 for it.
The new pill (Kirill made my drawing a reality) is on its way, switch change is almost done and now i have to find the right driver. FET or should i go with a CC driver to set a current limit? Driver pocket is for 20mm driver.
The light uses 2P 18650. Tailsprings are bypassed and the positive contact is a thick brass ring soldert to the original driver (only used as contact board).

I had planed to make a collection-Order from cutter.au in Germany:

Aber ich bin da bisher nicht dazu gekommen. Ggf. hast du ja Zeit und Lust da was zu bestellen.

Thanks Wieselflinkpro!
I jump in on the order if someone is doing it.

Hi, I’m also interested in a few ones if we make a groupbuy in europe!