3 volt XHP50.2

It would be nice if BanL can get the ~5000K version. It would no lomger require to setup a groupbuy to get a few for a fair price.
I was talking to a friend about good mod hosts for this led. And i wanted to show him the nightwatch from Enogear. But their website is down. Did anybody know what is going on with them?
And did anybody know what happend to EagleEye? Their AE webshop closed month ago.

Yea, Enogear seems to be gone now - that's where I bought my IRA. The IRA that KD has and that's on an Ali store is the old tail-switch version.

The K2 bin is not even on the datasheet!

I also could not find the K2 bin. But it is not the first time i have seen bins that are not in the datasheet. But usually not when they are released.

Cutter had K2 bin XHP50's a while back, again, rare small batch binned. That's what I used in my 16X XHP50 mega light, 35K lumens.

Shame on you guys for not posting anything in the WDYMT thread.

You will be welcomed back but consider this a strike on your record.

This should be a pretty straight forward swap in a Q8 right? just bypass the springs and done.

Ahhh, XM vs. XP footprint -- you need a Q8 MCPCB replacement from Led4Power, then I'm not sure bout the reflector hole size or what to do for LED alignment pieces. Dunno what others are doing, or what L4P offers. I got a lot of questions on how-to with this board (https://led4power.com/product/l4p-blf-q8-40405050-38mm-dtp-direct-thermal-path-copper-mcpcb/).

Hey mate i am not completely sure what you mean? You would have to solder the LEDs to a XML board to get it to work in a Q8. Most normal quad boards wont align the reflector in the Q8 so it would take some work. At minimum you would need a XML Q8 board and then solder the LEDs to the board as no one sells them as one and then change the LED board inside the light.

Ah tomE beat me to it lol You would also need new gasket to align the reflector that is if XML gasket fit with stock Q8 reflector? i don’t own one so i can’t say.

To fit the XM leds in the Q8 reflector you need to ream the reflector holes a bit, not much needed, and use those butterfly-type XM-gaskets.

I adapted a Q8 to fun yellow Epileds 5050 leds like that, that one will probably the easy host for these 3V XHP50’s. I really want the 3B for it though, so it will take a while to get those via CRX (if he wants to go through with the gb now that KD has cool white ones of a great bin).

That could be a 10k+ lumen light now. How much power can the Q8 driver handle? The Cree specs state 6amps to achieve 3k lumens so you would need around 24amps at least.

Dale already did 10K+ with SST-40's in a Q8. With these, we are look'n at possibly 16K+. Again, 16A per LED could be achievable, 64A total in a Q8. Not sure bout the stock FET - probably could though, but an Infineon could handle that - rated at 100 amps for 3V.

Insane amount of lumens, insane amount of heat of course - all good in moderation, like a few secs.

I should’v been more specific - stock driver and cell config. i know led4power has a pcb. i could just get them shipped to him and pay for the flow +pcb.

I don’t know. It looked like they were transitioning their name to Rixingguang, but I can’t find anything on them either. I’ve seen some Aliexpress stores move to Alibaba exclusively, but I still can’t find Jin Lang, Eagle Eye or Rixingguang anywhere. :cry:

Boy, glad I got my 3rd order in for an X1R. Hhmm.. Maybe a 3V XHP50.2 in an X1R? Wonder how it would do on a 18350 FET driver?

Not that it helps us in the states much

I’ve ordered from taobao a couple times through an agent. Not the greatest process ever, but if there’s something unique there… it’s not unobtainable. Especially if you want a bigger order, or have the agent do a multi-order consolidation, etc.

Okay, so their direct store is only Taobao now. Gotcha. That is quite the bummer.

Huh, it just clicked it my head that I could probably update any of my XM-L2 lights, regardless of driver, with this 3v 50.2. With a regulated driver I don’t think you’d gain much. Does anyone have any speculations? Maybe gain 20%? Gain zero?

But on a FET driven XM-L2 light, the gains would be much higher.

Huh, I guess I’m kinda slow on the uptake on this one. Lol

Cree is shipping this week some 1A bins also for those that like it cooler
Edit: They will be K2 Flux bins
Cheers
Mark