A quick look: 4x XM-L2 Black SRK (SecurityIng?), 31,26$

19 days ago I ordered this light. For a long time I had wanted 4 XM-L King.. I pulled the trigger on the light I linked to.

Pictured 2nd from the left, with "SRK logo", not "securitying" as advertised.

XM-L2 (CW, around 6500K), not XM-Ls. Nice surprise, which seems to be more and more common these days. Nicely centered too (it looks).

Stainless steel bezel, and in general quite good build quality.

Threads looks like the typical cheap SRK, but they feel pretty good. Just needed a little but of extra oil/lube.

Driver circuit was easy to get out (through switch hole). It uses two of the channels. Looks to be as easy to resistor mod as most other SRK lights.. I measured about 6,5A on the tail (with a single Samsung 20R), so its well driven.

All emitters on one MCPCB which sits on the typical fairly thin aluminium screw in pill.

Other:

No O-ring under switch

No glue anywhere :)

MCPCB is well secured with fujick or something like it.

Reflector underside have room for wires (its not flat)

So its quite obvious, this is a great 4x XM-L2 king considering the low price and quite good build quality right? NO, not exactly..

The emitters does not go high enough into the reflector which makes the beam have an ugly ring due to not being properly focused. You probably loose some throw and lumens as well. The reflector sits as low as it can on the pill. But the emitters are just not high enough. This will probably be fixed automatically when I upgrade to copper MCPCB (and some other emitters, and new driver, and springs...). And if that does not solve it, Ill just add some copper under the MCPCBs, which I might end up doing anyway...

All in all, I will rate this a good light based on first impression, especially for the price. But its only good if you can fix the focusing issue. If you don't mod, find another light..

PS. Like with all SRKs. They have a tendency to change, so just because you order from same seller, I can not guarantee that you get the same light..

I wonder if its from the same factory as OL.

Who knows MRsDNF. There are some similarities. But LOTS of differences too. Logo (on the light), reflector, color, driver circuit, thermal paste/thermal silicone, centering rings, pill (mine has more threads/contact path to body, board where springs are attached are all different. Mine also came in a normal white box and no lanyard.

Here you can see the pill, notice that the emitters sits a bit low in it.

And the reflector stops on top of the pill..

I looks much the same driver as mine but 5.3 amps was the most I could pull with 4 batteries or on bench. More expensive with aluminum bezel. Another ordered same but his light was a train wreck according to his post.

That is the issue with the SRKs. There are so many differences.. I had a Fandyfire UV-S5, which was considered the same as the original King. And mine had the original driver and everything was nice, except that the machining on the body was really sharp and uncomfortable. Always a lottery...

The one I bought and have written about in OP is so far the cheapest black 4x XM-L2 king I have seen (at regular price), and mine was well built, except the focusing issue, which makes me not want to use the light before I have modded it. Ill do a little "extreme makeover" on mine next year.. J)

Flomotion have ordered one from same seller as in OP, so Im curious on how his light turns out to be...

not as new as the U2s, but work great, and can be had in the ~$20ish range shipped. I have a black one with 4x T6 and it works well. Only 3 modes that I know of, high, med., and low. On med. it will get warm after 15+ minutes but stabilize. I use 4 Samsung 2600mah laptop flattops with 1x2mm magnet nubs glued on the tip to mate smoothly with the circular rotating head.