All Sold! Silver Plated, Copper Triple Emitter P60 Shells

Tell me about it. The lights I could have bought for the price of my 4 day pass for next years Melbourne GP...

All existing paid orders have been shipped :)

Back to the top!

These shells work out beautifully, the triple Noctigon fits perfectly and the ground screw in the driver bay is very helpful. The optics sit right at flush with the top of the shell, giving a very professional appearance. Almost hated handling the silver plated shell as it’s so gorgeous, and I see the silver plating was done after the ground screw hole was threaded as the silver is inside the hole, there’s no copper showing anywhere.

I really like the solid feel of a L2P with these shells installed. Sweet drop-in Matt! Great job!

Will these blanks fit a Surefire host without any modifications? Or just an 18650 host?

Need to support this type of behavior. Could you send me instructions for buying 2 and I’ll pp $90.

I’m very happy with the one I received. I just need to get around to using it now!

Thanks Dale! The shop does a pretty good job of these :)

[quote=ri chevy] Will these blanks fit a Surefire host without any modifications? Or just an 18650 host? [/quote]

I have personally used these shells in SureFire 6P, C2, and C3 hosts, as well as an Oveready Moodoolar C-series adapter with Cryos and smoothy heads, and of course SolarForce L2M, L2D, and L2T bodies and heads. I can't speak for the hundreds of people who have my drop-ins in some version or another, but I've never heard of them not fitting before.

Most of the time a thin sliver of foil is required to get a tight fit, but this is important otherwise any installation would be strictly a one way affair, hence defeating the purpose of the drop-in!

Make a glove box light for the ute. Power under the bonnet and in the cabin lol. OK maybe not quite the same...

haha I keep my little Thrunite Ti2 in my ute. In all honesty, I have no idea which host I want to use with this drop-in! Going to have to start browsing the solarforce sales page.

At least one host will get a severe overhaul with some Duck fins added somehow.

Thank you. I was just concerned with a gap at the bezel, as it looks as if your shells are very thick near the top.
The Surefire type of P-60’s usually look like they are tapered a little at the bottom near the spring end.

Not trying to derail this thread entirely, but I figured folks on the fence thinking about buying one of these dropins from Mattaus might like to see what some of us that’ve already received one ended up doing with it. So here’s what I did with mine. Full writeup here. I stuck 3 dedomed XP-L V5 2A’s on a noctigon with a carclo 10507 in my dropin, driven by a BLF17DD driver, 5 modes, 90 second timer. And that went into a Solarforce L2D that now has an L2T head, UCL lens, switch replaced with an Omten, all wires 20 or 22ga, all springs bypassed, stock switch spring replaced with a better spring.

Light disassembled:

Assembled from the side:

Assembled from the front:

Here’s a few beamshots.

Control:

L2M with XM-L2 U2 1A dedomed, driven at around 3.8A.

Convoy S3 with 3 dedomed XP-L V5 2A and carclo 10507, standard qlite at 3.04A

And finally, the L2D with Mattaus’ dropin, 3 dedomed XP-L V5 2A, carclo 10507, DD driver with NCR PF settled at 6A on high

All beamshots taken with Sony NEX-7 at 10mm (15mm full-frame equivalent), F4, 2.5 seconds, ISO 400, auto white balance.

Thanks for the post grantman :) That's a really good looking host with the alternate head on it...giving me ideas I really don't need right now lol.

Yeah man. It’s a pretty slick looking host in my opinion. Not crazy about the head that comes with it, though. Regardless, Im most impressed with how that dropin soaks up a ridiculous amount of heat.

Uh, what’s “relaly” mean anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting on the JB Weld to cure. Fully potted the BLF17DD Ver 1.0 driver into the shell, top and bottom. It’s a done deal now, virtually bulletproof. :slight_smile: Triple XP-G2 R5 1A at 10.45A for 2018 lumens out the front with 5 modes. Works for me!

+1. I love the switch in that position and there's no parasitic drain. I haven't seen this light/host before. Do I build one or just buy one?

I agree with the rest, good post!

It’s like Oo-De-Lally.

It’s a SF host, you get them from www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com. Is that what you were asking? Use the search box to find L2D, there are two body options. The L2T head is also available for individual sale there.

Thanks wight. It would cost me about $37.00 to $40.00 for the host. Would you build one that would take at least a weekend and that much in material for me to build or just spend the money here?

I see where you’re going now!

EDIT: Honest answer is probably that it depends on where you land on anodizing & etc. I know that you could produce a competitive project if you apply your nose to the grindstone for a while… but if nothing else the SF product gets you some aesthetic things that can’t be done on a lathe. Nice black anodizing and SS bezel for extended wear being the two big things IMO. The low profile crenelated bezel is exceptionally nice (and available in SS).