Alternative to Terminator m1?

I didn’t realize the m1 isn’t especially bright and doesn’t adjust very floody. Maybe it’s good for something. Can set a decent spotlight and then easily a nice high CRI flood.

Wondering if I should get rid of it
but I was reading about some various Convoy throwers that may be better option for me
I might not get any. I was hoping this would be a good general use, floody, adjustable, etc

But is there some other adjustable thrower? And brighter.
or a cheaper adjustable LEP that’s this small
For an LEP this is kinda nice formfactor

I would consider a brighter adjustable LEP even if the form factor is bigger
but my main question is what adjustable thrower
convoy might be inexpensive enough
I could link a couple threads and some info

i guess the M1 is ok
just kinda wondering what could spotlight brighter or further
or can adjust more floody

not sure what an LEP is good for. maybe wait for the fog. just missed some.
more spill on LED lights

Noctigon/Emisar DM1.12

So that’s a throw/flood. Is there one with adjustable throw?
Dual mode is great too.
Also if there’s something titanium. Hanklights is awesome, just maybe not most durable.

I could prioritize some aspect
formfactor or feature
If I’m not getting sets and sets of lights of each type, then one or two fit as much criteria
like I think the main thing would be adjustable throw.

I love the size and shape of dt8 and titanium of d4v2, and durable of some zebralights. I don’t have any of these.
I could just do a cheap Convoy thrower and maybe get two with different throw width. Really bright spotlight with minimal spill like get the side of a building or to see how high upwards it goes in foggy weather
or one with some spill but less Hotspot for moderate walking but to glance ahead
I’m just not seeing a huge benefit of the m1, since it’s kinda useful to spotlight, just doesn’t go very far and also doesn’t adjust quite wide until doing flood mode
kinda like a fancy laser pointer

If there’s a light that’s not pocketable, I’d be OK with just something that adjusts the spread extremely well
or 2 cheap lights

Maybe I’ll skip it
I’m not sure exactly what thrower I’d want. I could go for some hanklight, or nothing. Since I don’t know what degree span.

1 Thank

Is there a way to get the m1 (terminator) to turn on to specific mode? Always resumes the previous mode…

Still kinda neat and nice size

1 Thank

No way to, can only switch it while it’s on.

The K1 is a great thrower. I might have to get some info and beamshots.
or what else… There’s some cheaper convoy stuff

Anything with adjustable beam? Or just brighter than the m1. M1 doesn’t go very far and it’s decent for shining upward to the sky.
but is there anything meets all this criteria?

Not sure how useful a tight beam thrower is, practicality
If its bright and can adjust the beam a lot, I’d consider
Else just cheap enough

Maybe convoy c8+ CSLNM1.TG
Or AMUTORCH TC500 Portable Hunting Spotlight, 2200 lumens, 775 meters,AMUTORCH

A bit more reading

The convoy isn’t adjustable
Pencil beam but maybe brighter than m1
Low price

Skip that other link, but there’s a GIF on this shows the different beamshots of a few

C8+ hopefully bright enough for a nice narrow beam in the air
kr1 is maybe a nice beam size for taking a walk, but if anyone knows something adjustable…

1 Thank

I might just do a Convoy z1
If the beam is more visible in air, and brighter further on distant tree/building

What’s the 4mode/12group thing? I saw the user with the Breakfast Club profile pic reply to some thread about Convoy mode/group but I lost which page.

And maybe choose an LED

Might not be as narrow beam as l21a/b or c8+
kr1 is probably better balance of usable throw
Could someone weigh in between these couple?
I could wait and get some more reviews

That would be Lightbringer. :+1:

1 Thank

The 12 group UI has 12 mode groups to choose from.

The 4 mode UI is just moon/L/M/H with mode memory. I’d always get the 12 group over that, most of the groups it comes with are kind of useless but at least there’s some configurability, group 10 is the same as that UI IIRC.