Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Integrated USB charging only :scream: Iā€™m terrified :scream::scream:

Seriously though, itā€™s not even USB C, itā€™s USB micro :nauseated_face:

3 Thanks

Chinese Blue.

Seriously, donā€™t waste your money. I bet 10 people can chime in with options. That would give you 10 better options.

2 Thanks

CJRB CUTLERY Folding Knife for $22

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S4688L4
Looks pretty good for the money. :+1:

4 Thanks

Good knife, it is big and heavy but unfortunately The cf on this one is slippery.

1 Thank

Thanks for the link! I ordered one. It does look pretty chunky in the photos. At 6 ounces, I guess I would expect that. Will see about the CF I guess. But at about $24 shipped, I thought it worth it just to try this new (to me) steel.

@Plasmatoast , do you have one of these? How is the lock up? Have you messed with sharpening it yet? How is that?
RE: the CF, I guess I can rough it up a bit to get some more grip.

Iā€™ve had one for a few years.
Lock up is solid, itā€™s one of cjrbs oldest models still being sold at this point, theyā€™ve got it pretty sorted.
Their proprietary powered steel isnt anything crazy itā€™s pretty easy to sharpen and the blade shape definitely helps. Itā€™s a solid deal at the price

1 Thank

I donā€™t know about knives. I like the size of this one on sale. Any recommendations?
HUNTER.DUAL Pocket Knife, Folding EDC Knife with Clip for Men, 2.56ā€™ā€™ D2 Steel Blade, G10 Handle. Comes to $17.5 with discounts and code 25I5HIL4.

Looks like they are taking inspiration from the Henckels knives logoā€¦

2Ā½" blade?

Is that a Bā€™harbi accessory?

1 Thank

I ainā€™t gutting nothing and my pockets are only so big. I also tend to cut myself (accidentally) so more blade is more edge to cut me. Iā€™m carrying a Tac-force cheepy now but I used it too much and itā€™s dull and hard to sharpen. The more time I have the blade deployed the more likely Iā€™ll cut me.
Is Bā€™harbi related to Bā€™harni?

Only difference is in shade. Oneā€™s pink, the otherā€™s purple.

Theyā€™re both evil.

Ah yes. Evil indeed. But not Margoā€¦

My favorite keychain flashlight is finally on sale again! :heart_eyes:
$11.47 for black, or a bit more for khaki.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXY3FLD8

This keychain flashlight has an aluminum body, and I really like the UI.
Hereā€™s my BLF review:

I ordered one even though I already have one, yā€™know, to have a backup. :grin:

2 Thanks

The one Amazon review said the batteries are watch batteries and replaceable. Is that correct?

1 Thank

That Amazon review is wrong on both counts.
It does not use watch batteries, and as far as I know the battery is not replaceable. :+1:

1 Thank

Amazon reviews on batteries are almost completely worthless. In addition they mix them all up.
The reviews on lights are not quite as bad, but certainly some kind of vetting before being believed.

I see mixing of reviews there all the time. I didnā€™t think it was correct but first hand report from RC confirmed it. Thanks.

Another review said it felt heavy. Whats your opinion on that. I donā€™t like to hang a lot of weight on my ignition switch.

1 Thank

I donā€™t think it feels heavy.
According to the manufacturer, it weighs 21 grams, but I havenā€™t weighed it myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks R. I donā€™t have a clue if 21 g feels heavy or not. My current keychain light is a tiny AAA twisty and it feels light. Duh, I just remember I bought a digital scale on a vipon deal and put it away without using it. Thanks again :grin:

1 Thank