Anduril 2 feature change suggestions

Having said that, this is all somewhat academic right now, since my SC31 Pro is now residing at the bottom of a local river… had an incident while magnetic fishing Friday night. :frowning: :cry:

Be a couple weeks at least before the replacement arrives.

And oddly, tonight while setting up my SP10 Pro to the config I had on the 31, the manual memory seems to turn off in advanced mode when I change the floor/ceiling/steps, but atvthe same time stay active in simpleUi.

Like it’s partially separating simple and advanced as faf as manual memory goes.

If that makes any sense.

I set up my floor/ceiling in Simple, then set the level in AdvUI, set it to manual memory, and it set to Simple UI too. Normal.

On the 31 no matter where I set the floor/ceiling on advanced ramps after that, it still used the manual memory level allready set for them, even if it was outside the floor to ceiling ranges.

But here, as soon as I went back and reset the floor/ceilings in advanced, its like it turned off manual memory for advanced only, and is using automatic memory!! While still using the manual memory level in the simple UI.

Thats part of what I wanted to do for the 31… do I have a glitch, or is this normal for the sp10Pro build?

1 Thank

That’s no problem to do (and something I’d like to write to apply for other custom builds as well) - don’t mind doing other stuff especially like setting up defaults which I have semi-automated, but if you want it to learn I completely understand :), I’ll post the diffs of what I changed when done.

Edit: Here you go. Just had a thought, I built it on the multichannel branch, but if you want support for a light that that version doesn’t support yet I can backport these changes to the old branch as well, but that will need some refactoring of how the config is saved (which I should do anyway at some point, I guess…). I also added 8C to save manual memory in simple UI, but 10C will still work there too.

builds
sauce

Possibly it’s running a newer version? There were a few bugfixes around manual memory with the initial multichannel changes. Also, the SP10 Pro’s config has a memory timer enabled by default as well. I’m not sure exactly what causes that result as I basically never use simple UI (all my lights start from reset in advanced, simple is only there for me for if I was to hand the light to someone else so it’s a very basic low-power mode).

2 Thanks

The t1616 support thingy…
it works, eventually.

I had to manually copy the contents of Atmel.ATtiny_DFP.2.0.368 directory to the location pointed by the README:

• export ATTINY_DFP=$HOME/src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp

This location:

• $HOME/src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp

On the Ubuntu shell:

• cd /home/wsl2ubuntu003/

• export ATTINY_DFP=$HOME/src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp

• mkdir -p ./src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp/

• explorer.exe .

Windows Explorer

Copy the contents of Atmel.ATtiny_DFP.2.0.368 (it’s in my Windows 10, Drive D) into
the /attiny-dfp.

My /wsl2ubuntu003/ is the parent directory where the /anduril2/ is located.

The /src/ directory is in the same location as
/anduril2/ (same level).

Directory structure kinda like this:

/wsl2ubuntu003/
  ¦
  ¦-->/anduril2/ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/anduril
  ¦
  ¦-->/src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp

That’s it, t1616 support works. I can build t1616 Anduril hex files using WSL Ubuntu.

I hope it makes sense.
It makes sense to me today, hopefully still makes sense to me next year or next next year, when/if I have become unfamiliar with this thing, but somehow need to build t1616 Anduril hex files :grin:

Edit: corrected some typo’s

2 Thanks

@BLF-L, thanks for that heads up. I ran into the same issue on my Linux box. I had extracted the contents to $HOME/src/torches/atmel/ and got all errors. However, just creating the $HOME/src/torches/atmel/attiny-dfp folder and moving the contents of the atmel folder into it and I was able to compile without errors.

2 Thanks

One more thing, just build-all.sh
does not work for me, it has to be ./build-all.sh with that dot and slash, this will build all of the hex files.

make also builds all hex files.

./build-all.sh sc21 works as usual, builds one hex file for SC21 Pro in my case.

Note: I have learned formatting the post,
from this thread “New BLF forum engine FAQs“ , thanks to @sb56637.

Edit: edited countless times for clarity, I made tons of typos when formatting :grin:

2 Thanks

Do you have a native Linux system or is it Windows with WSL?

I tried Linux many years ago for a little bit but always got back to Windows.
Building Anduril hex files, for Windows person like me, SammysHP’s method with Docker and anduril-builder image is simpler and easier.

Wow, thats great, thank you so much! And I love where the source is uploaded, I can look at the previous srandard and those changes side by side!

Seeing where you added 8C along with 10C is cool, I now understand a bit more how that is defined.

I think I do indeed need it backported, since there is no Hex marked for a SC31 Pro, or the SP10 Pro, unless I missed something… and as far as I can tell neither supports multi channel?

Forgive me, a lot of this makes perfect sense to me, but then a lot is still beyond me.

BTW, is there a list somewhere of what lights currently do support the multi-channel branch? Or visa versa, modeks the branch supports? (Not sure which is more accurate way of looking at it)

I’ll use the difference I see on the SP10 as a reason to dig around and compare code/config files… Boyh lights were bought in Sept. Last year, so its not new new, but it does have some other newer feature differences to my SC31. (For instance the sc31 didn’t have 3C to unlock to off, but the SP10 does. ) I should have checked the version on both when I had them, and compared. Be interesting to see how the new SC31 I just ordered acts in comparison.

1 Thank

You are totally correct, I forgot to mentioned it because this always necessary in Unix if the folder with the build-all.sh is not contained in the path variable…

yup, I’m sure the detail isn’t necessary for people familiar with Linux :slightly_smiling_face:, it must be a common knowledge.

it’s just me who needs to be bottlefed for every detail
:grin:

I’ve been learning bit by bit in the last few weeks and it’s been fun!
Thanks BLF, thanks guys!
Thanks @Owenm03/Wolfgang, @jon_slider, @wolfgirl42, @starryalley @thefreeman, @SammysHP, @gchart, @ToyKeeper and everyone else :pray:

2 Thanks

I have both a laptop that runs Ubuntu as well as a Virtual Machine that runs in Vmware Workstation on my Windows PC. The sucky part is my Windows PC just died today, I think the motherboard failed. Its over 10yo so its time to build a new one anyway. At least I have the firmware setup on the Linux laptop too. I mainly use my Windows PC and also use Windows at work, but sometimes I like to use Linux for things.

1 Thank

I guess I even have to thank the seller who sold me the “fake” SC21 Pro, I mean it was mentioned as Anduril2, it’s supposed to be Anduril2. turned out to be Anduril1.
so I was kinda mad but nothing could really be done about it (except reflashing?).
That was one of the the reasons that has motivated me to learn reflashing.

Beside the SC21 Pro, I bought a TS10 from another OL store. it’s Anduril2 and it’s fun!
But I like SC21 Pro so much, therefore I bought another one from another OL store and it’s a legit Anduril2 as well. but it came with a rather older version of A2. didn’t have Tactical Mode.

Now my TS10 and both of my SC21 Pro’s have TactiCOOL Mode :grin: .
TS10 has got the genuine hex file from ToyKeeper’s repository.

And I build hex files for my SC21 Pro’s, with Tactical Mode feature.

1 Thank

I’m sure it’s good to have more than one weapon and be able to operate those weapons properly. Giving you more chances of winning the battle :grin:
two is one, one is none

I remember building my own Windows PC, and another one for my friend, it’s fun.
That’s before my laptops.

Now I only have one laptop, Windows 10. Ubuntu and Android have resided in it for some while, with dual-boot. But now it’s only Windows 10.

My current laptop is rather old too (I have gifted the newer one to my sister).
I think it originally came with Windows XP :scream: (XP’s last days before it’s discontinued) .
Upgraded to Win7,
then to Win10. Couldn’t upgrade to Win11 though;
incompatible/machine is too old I guess.

1 Thank

I often learn from people asking questions and the other giving answers/solutions,
IMO it’s a better way of learning, from real cases,
rather than solely reading the Manuals.

oftentimes what I read today I don’t understand it right away, but becomes very valuable info for tomorrow, or it’ll makes sense to me after a week later.

1 Thank

I haven’t done dual boot in a long time, but I’ve been floating the idea for when I rebuild my pc. Thinking instead of partitioning, using 1 nvme drive for Win10/11 (not sure if I want to go 11 yet) and another nvme for linux. I fully agree with having more than one weapon/tool for the job and being able to use them :+1:

1 Thank

More that the multichannel branch doesn’t support those lights yet. There’s a long list to port over, as the branch has breaking changes for per-model config from the old one. I converted one build but it was an easy one, I might have a go at doing some more if I can find some time this week. Didn’t get as much done as I hoped this last weekend due to some stuff.

No specific list, but my builds for your version were for every light currently supported (remember there’s a lot of reuse of firmware images for lights with the same MCU layout). If it’s just the SP10 Pro you want, it might be easier and faster to just add support for it to the new branch. As for the SC31 Pro, there isn’t a hardware-specific config file for it, so that probably shares firmware with another light. Can you post your model code form the last 4 digits of version check for it?

1 Thank

Gotcha!

The SP10 is kinda a side thought here-- I dont carry it daily often enough to mind it not having the change. I wouldn’t mind it, but it eventually, but its no big deal. I could even play with thst myself now that I can see what you changed.

The SC31 is really what I’m after. I hadn’t realized it didn’t have a specific config since I really hadn’t looked at the code yet while waiting on a functional build environment.

I’ll have to get back to you in a couple weeks on the number… my current SC31 is at the bottom of a river right now, after an incident on Friday.

Sofirn just shipped the replacement but that’s at least two weeks time to get to me.

2 Thanks

My SC31Pro has model code 614 → sofirn-sp36-t1616

2 Thanks

@AK-Adventurist :point_up_2:

I’ll have a go at converting the build this evening

1 Thank

No intention of being pushy at all, but am definitely curious; how did it go?

:sunglasses:

Completely forgot about doing this… :person_facepalming: - had a look into it, it’s a linear+FET so I’m going wait until there’s at least one similar light supported because I might be missing something here and can’t get it to work and don’t really feel like making changes to the actual code for a light I don’t have one to test with.

2 Thanks