Anduril ... 2?

Well, kinda' sorta'.. you only need to read the OP. There aren't 2 different projects on launchpad if that's what you're asking.

The OP says ā€œThe new version is called Anduril 2ā€ but upon investigation it seems to actually be called Anduril.

Yes, basically.. it IS Anduril.. It's just Anduril after a major rewrite and changes and we're now calling it "Anduril 2".. If you want to go into philosophy and argue if a boat is still the original boat after you've swapped all of its pieces one by one and with the old pieces you build another one, than idk, you make whatever you want of it.

Oh yea, similar to the X parts before a human become a cyborg debate. Although Iā€™ve seen one definition of cyborg where the parts have to offer mechanical advantages over the original. I donā€™t think current prosthetics and artificial organs have reached that level yet.

I think yes, you read the Manual correctly.

and yes I think your light does not have the latest Anduril 2ā€¦ maybe try doing a version check?

your light might only have the options on this chart:

Any chance someone would have a clue as how to edit the code so I could compile it with the default ramp style to "toggle only", not "tint ramping" ?

Cheers!

Well, the first step would be to comment out the #define USE_TINT_RAMPING line. That should get your compile to work.

Well, that is the default code and what I'm using now. What I'm after is to have that define there so the default ramp type will be channel switching, not tint ramping.

IIRC compilation with the old tint-toggle-only is broken currently. But you can set the default in tint-ramping.h:

uint8_t tint_style = 1;  // change from 0

Nope, still no go.. Either I get the same errors with the define enabled, or the change you've suggested makes no difference if I remove the define, as the code block where the line is never gets called.

EDIT: Actually, I believe I've fixed it.. (not sure it's the proper way though.. )

went from this:

// 0: smooth tint ramp
// 1: toggle tint only between two extremes
#ifdef TINT_RAMP_TOGGLE_ONLY
uint8_t tint_style = 1;
#else
uint8_t tint_style = 0;
#endif

to this:

// 0: smooth tint ramp
// 1: toggle tint only between two extremes
//#ifdef TINT_RAMP_TOGGLE_ONLY
uint8_t tint_style = 1;
//#else
//uint8_t tint_style = 0;
//#endif

Hi I have a problem with my tint ramping flashlight, some modes wonā€™t work anymore.

Flashlight: Titanium Copper KR4 tint ramper with E21A 2000k/4500k
Firmware version: 2021 11 03 0215

- When on it wonā€™t change from smooth ramp to stepped ramp when I press 3C, itā€™s stuck on smooth ramp only.

- When off it wonā€™t go into strobe mode when I press 3H.

- When off pressing 3C for a battery check however does work.

- In lockout mode 3C does nothing when it should toggle auxillary colour.

• In lockout mode 3H changes tint ramp instead of the auxillary colours.

anduril.2021-11-03.noctigon-kr4-tintramp.hex 2021-11-03 20:24 28K
anduril.2021-11-03b.noctigon-kr4-tintramp.hex 2021-11-03 20:24 28K
anduril.2021-12-13.noctigon-kr4-tintramp.hex 2021-12-13 16:01 28K

I tried reflashing with those three hex files from ToyKeepers site but none of them fixed it. Could this be a faulty driver problem or reflashing problem? I have never dropped the light. I use it mainly for a bed side lamp in the 2000k setting and press 3H to go to candle mode, then press 5H so it turns off after about 20 mins. I think it stopped working properly after I pressed 5H and I might have clicked too many times, I tried unscrewing the cap thinking maybe I accidentally went into momentary mode, and I also tried the 13H to do a factory reset but it didnā€™t fix it either.

It wonā€™t work with Anduril 1, you need Anduril 2. Also you were just in Simple UI (10H to exit). Aux is configured via 7C/7H and some other functions have changed too. Check the manual.

The correct firmware for your flashlight is anduril.2021-12-13.noctigon-kr4-tintramp.hex. Donā€™t forget to do a reset at room temperature to calibrate the thermal sensor.

Thanks a lot SammysHP I appreciate your help, my light is back to normal now! :beer:

I just wore down the battery in my D4V2 to under 3.5V for the first time and the Aux LED colour didn't switch from green to yellow but instead it's alternating between green and red every 10 seconds. This seems like a bug?

Firmware is anduril.2021-12-13.noctigon-kr4.hex 2021-12-13 16:01 27K (custom D4V2 with 9A+FET driver, SST-20s).

Similar thing here but with green and white, Iā€™m on Gchart branch revision 610.

unable to download Anduril 2:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2/tarball/649

You have to use Breezy to clone the branch. The archive download in launchpad is broken for ages.

brz branch lp:~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2

thanksā€¦ I was following an outdated tutorial

I pasted your comment into terminal, but I must be missing somethingā€¦

Jonathans-iMac:~ jonathan$ brz branch lp:~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2
-bash: brz: command not found

update

I just found this post by TK
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/u16k31/sp10_pro_bug_when_turning_the_light_off_from/i4dn3t9/?context=3

and it has a link to the needed file to fix the SP10 PROā€¦ now waiting for the USBPoGo tool to connect to the lightā€¦ getting closer to doing my First Flash!

Iā€™ve always been curiousā€¦. Why are their different options for exiting and entering simpleUI? I ALWAYS get it wrong on stock lights and repeatedly need to enter a 10C or 10H sequence. On the personal builds I made last year, I set enter and exit to 10C with a simple low brightness blink (Simple) or double blink (Advanced) to designate which UI the user was in. I suppose this may be trivial because getting to simple or advance is always a certain command in the original version.

Iā€™ll need to rebase my brz branch and make the same modifications to the source code again to get my new lights the same as the old. (I struggle with GIT and BZR so if there is an easier way to do this, Iā€™m all ears)

Lastly, I modified the voltage rainbow to the old 4 color version (or so I thought) but it had never worked correctly. I believe I just removed the sections with colors I didnā€™t want, but itā€™s a bit unreliable at times. Iā€™m not exactly sure why though as the code looked straight forward. Any tips or thoughts on this?

My guess is itā€™s because 10C will always enable Simple UI (or does nothing). So itā€™s pretty safe to enter. On the other hand 10H is more unlikely to enter to leave Simple UI. Also with the same combination you donā€™t know in which mode you are unless you try some modes like battcheck.

ToyKeeper once came up with an idea of allowing more customizations from config files. AFAIK itā€™s nothing more than an idea so far.

Look at this array definition in aux-leds.c:

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2/view/649/ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/anduril/aux-leds.c#L55

static const uint8_t levels[] = {
    // voltage, color
          0, 0, // 0, R
         33, 1, // 1, R+G
         35, 2, // 2,   G
         37, 3, // 3,   G+B
         39, 4, // 4,     B
         41, 5, // 5, R + B
         44, 6, // 6, R+G+B  // skip; looks too similar to G+B
        255, 6, // 7, R+G+B
    };

Just add your thresholds and colors, for example: