Astrolux/BLF Copper A01 BLF Edition CODE NOW PUBLIC. $20 Solid Copper AAA!!!

Mine arrived this day - Thank you again for this opportunity
It´s interesting how different Copper can appear

Love it.

Copper is produced in dozens (maybe hundreds) of different alloys, all with slightly different amounts of trace elements in them besides the copper itself. The redder alloys are usually more pure copper. All alloys have slightly different colors.

This color looks like it has a slight bronze look to it, which likely means there’s some tin in it. But it definitely looks mostly copper.

Hah, don’t feel bad. The warm tint is half the reason I ordered one. Regardless of whether I like it, it’ll be a nice reference. :slight_smile:

what is that tiny light to the left? looks beautiful too!

That´s a CooYoo Quantum CR

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/35560

A nice little light with 10180 battery and the possibility to charge the battery by USB Port

There are different Models of the Quantum in different materials, a guy in the German Taschenlampenforum presented all of them :sunglasses:

CooYoo-Woodoo

Awesome!

I think the next material we should go for is a high polished tungsten! :smiley:

Or just plain old stainless steel.

….build it up with silver and gold, silver and gold….

I am carrying mine, but it isn’t as bright as the 3 x 7135 10440 moded. Smiling Shark I usually carry. It seems it might be very bright with an Efest IMR 10440 and an FET driver. The copper will help dissipate the heat. Has anyone had it apart?

For an AAA light, it isn’t always about being the brightest. It is durability, long run-times, and things like that.

Yes, I find the 80-90 lumens you get out of these lights on a AAA, is pretty decent. It’s especially good on a 1xAAA light. If you need more output than that, you should probably carry a larger light that can support it easier and with reasonable run-times. A compact 1xAA light, such as a Zebralight SC52 or SC5 is still pretty small, but has the power and run-time to use outdoors.

Still, it would be interesting to know if these A01’s could handle a 14440 for extended periods of time without damaging the electronics. What’s the output like? 300 lumens? It’s not very practical, but 95% of the lights I own I don’t really need. Sometimes it’s fun to have something that isn’t very practical.

I fried a PF03 driver with a 10440. Irony is, the thing was a replacement for a DOA one, then I promptly killed it. A 10mm FET will find its way one day….

If I could find a replacement driver to this that takes AAA, I would hit up the testing with a 10440, but it is a pretty sweet light for AAA/NiMh as is…

If anyone should test this on a 10440, results either way will obviously be appreciated here…

Dumb question, but how do you actually enter group buy codes on BangGood? I didn’t see a box to enter one.

Not dumb, It is the regular coupon code box here:

Hope this helps…

I am avoiding using Li ion cells with boost drivers, because it is too easy to run the cell too far down.
One mod. possibility would be a BLF Tiny 10 or Tiny 12 with stacked 7135s, like I have in my Smiling Sharks. For brighter still, someone here is working on a tiny FET driver. Maybe that shows on the OSH Park projects thread. I am not sure where I saw it. It could also be a one mode with no driver.
Where I first missed the extra power was shining it on the garage ceiling of my condominium as I walk to and from my car. The garage is under the building and water leaks in the units drip down and are visible in the garage. This doesn’t take a lot of run time. When I might need run time, I put a larger light in my pocket. I have rarely used the lower modes of the Smiling Sharks, except to let a baby play with it.
I put an Energizer (fancy Eveready) Ultimate Lithium cell in it, which helps a little.

Can’t believe that I missed this thread, just placed the order this morning on BG.

G'Day BLF'ers,

Could you please tell me what O-ring size the Copper A01 BLF Edition uses, & where I can source them from? (prefer non US because of usual expensive shipping costs).

Btw, did your Copper A01 BLF Edition light come with a spare O-ring (as per their web page)?

Thank you Very Much,

George

Impossible! lol I did too! I was too busy buying your light to see this one. lol Then saw someone post a pic of them both, I was like WTH! How did I miss that.
Just ordered mine too. This thing looks pretty darn neat.