[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

/\

There was an issue with the potting compound not harding on a few of the black ones. Your appear to be some of those.

Are they all like that from that order??

Nothing ‘you’ can do to fix it as far as I know.

Just ask Sofirn to replace them.

Yikes, that stuff is reminiscent of the uncured potting compound problems people encountered with the C01 prototypes. Perhaps they still didn’t get it right in some of the early production batches…

I don’t know a ton about what they used here, but I know with epoxy if you mess up the proportions of the two parts, it may never fully set. I’d complain to Sofirn about this, but maybe someone here has a trick that worked with their light?

About the two prototypes, one of them I pushed the driver out (head screwed lightly on the body so there is spare room for the driver to move, then place a thin piece of wood on top of the led and hammer the led plus hopefully the driver down until the driver is pushed out). Then clean up the mess as well as it goes. The other prototype I left alone and actually the gooey did harden enough over time that it stopped coming out of the driver. But my gooey seems not as liquid as yours.

But in your case I would just show Sofirn the pictures and ask for new ones.

Yes, all of them (actually I got 2 C01 black 3200K and 2 C01 black 5600K), and they only differ in the amount of goo that keeps seeping out. I think 2 of them seeps out a lot of goo, the other 2 pieces a bit less. But they never disappeared after the “nth” wiping…

Will probably complain to Sofirn…

Thanks for the info d_t_a, sorry you had a problem. But I think if you just contact Sofirn, tell them what is going on, & send them the pictures they will take care of you.
It has been my experience their Customer Service is top notch. :+1:
No need to even “complain”, just tell them things are not right and I’m betting they will take care of you right off. :slight_smile:

The McGizmo Sapphire is also available with a Yuji LED

more sapphire pics here

and This is how you sell flashlights!

Recently I saw a Sapphire for sale, and the ad included an idea that makes an AAA single mode twisty into a variable brightness model, like a peak eiger.

[QUOTE=HKdude]I dropped a pad of QTC material in the bottom of the tube and got it to light up at a very low level, then photographed the LED. Neat idea, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where we can get some QTC pads to put in our Sofirn C01’s?
I found this thread, and it points to a USA vendor, but it is out of stock

I vote for jon_slider to be Sofirn's marketing associate and product packaging designer. :-P

In that case I volunteer for Best Boy.
I will hold the reflective screen to assist the light in reaching parts that otherwise could be overlooked.

Is that an additional accessory available from the manufacturer/dealer? :slight_smile:

I think that is an aftermarket add-on for sure!! . :+1:
And a pretty nice one it is too I might add. :wink:

Is that an Sofirn AAA twisty in your pocket or are you somewhat happy to see me?

Just hope like hell the head doesn’t start oozing that white stuff………

:weary:

My 11/20/2018 order now shows as

with a shipment time of

I’m beginning to have my doubts.

Sun, 02/03/2019 - 20:51…………… #2574

Wow… your luck has been truly bad. :frowning:

Did you ever receive the Nov 10 2018 order??

…….

Wed, 01/16/2019 - 17:15 #2443

…….

Tue, 01/15/2019 - 20:02 #2431

…….

Sat, 12/29/2018 - 18:53 #2241

So, no sooner than I gave away my 3200k Sofirn C01, another similar CCT light appeared in my pocket.

first here are the two Sofirn

the similarities end with the CCT

more info on the impostor here

This is becoming one of my favourite lights.

I agree with this.
I have a black, blue and red, and all are perfect (well I am a little afraid to pull the black belt clip too much). My lights are often used outdoors, so I usually order the warm tint, but got the cool tint on all of these, as they are still high CRI and slightly brighter.

Has anyone had a chance to test the light with a lithium primary? It would be useful to know what kind of runtime and output we could expect from it.

try this link
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/51879/search
put the word lithium in the box labeled “contains”
you will then find several posts, to help with your question

bottom line though, I volunteer you to do a test and let us know your answer :slight_smile: