Big day today! I get finally my new PC

Try running a Geekbench test. Post your results.

This test shows no faults, but a real test shows the GPU is messed up

CPU

old 3933 12727

new 5759 26583

GPU

old 60144

new 251516

i have atmel studio 7 runs fine on my laptop with fresh win 10 installed( i5-8250u, Gtx1050 maxQ )

Wish I could spend that amount of money purchasing a new PC.

Congrats mate!

Nice computer.

Its really not normal. Replace it with Linux on a SSD drive, it will be much faster. There is really no point of using Windows unless you play video-games or use windows-only special softwares.

I'm a big fan of SSD drives for the boot drive.

Works great with Windows (of course).

Best performance upgrade created in the last 10 years IMO. I even put my video media on an SSD while I’m editing it, and then just move it all to a storage drive when I’m done. That much activity will probly kill the drive faster, but for me the time saved is totally worth it.

Nice but you should get second memory stick, with one you are using only half a bandwidth. It is dual channel memory controller.

Especially if anyone here has or is looking at buying a Ryzen CPU, RAM clock is important too. When I finally realized I had my 3200MHz RAM underclocked in UEFI… wow, what a difference it made, especially in gaming.

As I wrote before I migrated a 1TB data SSD from the Laptop to new PC
It was running on an 850 EVO 500GB for Windows and 1 TB 860 EVO Data plus 2TB HDD

I don’t know what is broken, the GPU pulls current and stays relative cool, I replaced thermal paste, no change

It may be some data problem on PCI Express or so, CPU and GPU are soldered to the main board so no chance to fix it, the Laptop is trash as it is, I will but it to Ebay as broken/partially working

The new 3000 series Ryzen runs 3200 on ram without having to change bios settings.

So let’s get to the build pictures

Unboxing

Making the PC ready

This main board is so tiny, Back side for 2. SDD, of course not replace friendly within the CPU back side opening

Installing the SSD, first remove the CPU cooler and the cooling block

SSD with cooling block mounted and fans installed (of course the wrong way around to find out later)

trying tonstall the back side SSD, I noticed that the spacer to screw there is too high
So again back to the other side, of course I had also already the CPU cooler installed, so disassemble all again just to find out that the one spacer is too long
Then checked again the main board box with all the components, finding inside an AMD manual and leftovers from Cooler assembly marked with big sticker Intel

I had to unscrew the main board to get the SSD installed

At this point I contacted the support but screwed the SSD cooling top with no pressure on it and did a boot test with old win 8.1 from the original MSI OS
(I installed later Win 7 Ultimate on a 2. SSD and changed the boot HDD), back side SSD

So now powering it up I found out the front fans blow outside the case not inside

The other side of the PC for cable management and final component side

CPU cooler is pretty much surrounded by fans

Top view, later enhanced the air flow taping front side

Adding to the main board and PSU cables for SATA drives

Temporary installing the old external drive internal to speed up the copy, here a random picture from copy process but very funny movie

As the 2 top USB ports are not really usable as the PC barely fits under my desk I added a 4 port to the side with 2 sided tape, also a card reader

Test of my PC with the best result, of course that other GPU is far more overclocked with water cooling, mine is the cheapest with only 2 fans and short PCB

Wouldn’t that still depend on the Mobo? I had to manually enable XMP when I built my current tower with an R1600.

@BurningPlayd0h, no.

The memory controller on the CPU is much better now.

Its unlikely. Early models were less good but now most are even more reliable than the traditional mechanic drive, who will be soon obsolete technology.

Very nice QoL change, even knowing what to do it took me a couple weeks to realize I needed to enable XMP to actually apply my RAM clock settings. This will make things much easier for people.

I think it’s more a matter of the limited write-life of the SSD’s that’s the issue with them these days with them.

depends on which models you buy, there are some that a 500 GB can do 1500-4000 TB within the specs

seriously even the cheap ones have like 500TB write at a little reduced max capacity to deal with it

I likewise use it on Win 10

I think I am done with major stuff related with new PC

Just did a Cinebench R20 score

I did not very hard overclocking
it is limited on 140% of TDP and 80°C core temperature in BIOS mainly with standard Turbo settings