Black SRK at Fasttech for under $40 with BLF-coupon!

True Dat.

Put a magnet up to your stainless steel Leatherman. It sticks.

Well my black SRK U2 came in from fasttech today. I cant figure out how to get the driver out (on any of my lights, I have a stupid), but here’s some pictures. If somebody can tell me how to disassemble it, I will be happy to take some pics of the driver. I tried it out with 4 x 3400 mAh protected Panasonics. I’m honestly not BLOWN AWAY with the output of this thing. It doesnt seem THAT much better than my Nitecore MH25 which is a single U2…

Please excuse the cell phone pics. It was the best I could do right now….Also please excuse the frost in the close up of the logo. Colorado is not warm this time of year :slight_smile:

hi everyone,

I had a 5 SRK, 2 from CHQG/FFL(black&gold), 1 from Hkequipment(gold), 1 one Lightmails and one from Manafont. according to my experience, all SRK on Fasttech site are CLONES. all they looks like cheap fakes from Lightmails and Manafont(CHQG/FFL and Hkequipment’s are good/originals). their bodies are very bad quality made comparing originals, diodes not centered, button swich different, as lanyard/boxes/light… everything. if they are working - this mean you lucky, but how long they will work - no one know. so just letting you know, on Fasttech at the moment one original King, this one:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000620/1057203-fandyfire-uv-s5-cree-xm-l-t6-1800lm-flashlight-4-x
it marked as “Fandyfire”, but it just labeled as other brand, but this one looks original, no any other from listed there.

So cheaper FF UV-S5 is also a clone?

is it has a stainless steel ring ?

looks like good old driver.

I guess yes, all these “new arrivals” on Fattech from the same supplier/factory, and all looks similar to clones I had. Ric from CHQG/FFL selling black clone too, but honestly informing that “Quality is not as good as original SKY RAY Black KIng” -
http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=584
and he is very right about it… Ric, my respect to you! :slight_smile:

s. here you will see the difference from old and new gold SRK:

the similar differences you will find with clone and original black SRK.

On the 4th picture i see in the corner; 2000lumens. This version with u2 should be 2500…?

I have a fandyfire gold uv-s5 t6 and a srk black u2 from fast tech. The gold t6 is brighter. They look identical

But both of those are mimics?

Hey… over here!!!

I don’t think that is right… because one year ago SKR was sold at $80-90, and button/logo can be different - but not body/quality. I’ve bought 5 SRK from various places on this november/december, and I as told before - CHQG/FFL/HKQ was the REALLY good quality. on FTT now - such crap(on photos), except Fandyfire for $45, but I’m not sure that you will receive one of these that on photos placed on site. but - hope and hope! :slight_smile: if you not sure, don’t try to save $10 - buy from CHQG/FFL/HKQ. to many factories can clone SRK at the moment, if you want to have right/good one, buy right one - like Roche M170 - and you will not disappointed with this one :wink: :bigsmile:

I got already FandyFire UV-S5 from FastTech ($45 one) and NW black SRK is coming from FancyFlashlights (will get it maybe tomorrow) :D

I suppose they will be similar except color - both are good, not clones 0:)

both of mine look like led4powers first one.

FF UV-S5 body is maybe slightly different to https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6727?page=16#comment-292312 and button is plastic.

vs.

Those arrow parts are almost same size, upper one just slightly thicker?.

in clones they are a bit fat than in original, and not deeply cut;

Both lights bodies are about same. UV-S5 threads are crappy and have lost some anodizing and button is lower quality and rattles. But brightness is about same, which is the most important thing to most people.

To me it was worth to pay ~$10 extra from better threads, better feeling switch which doesn't rattle and most of all, NW tint.

I have the gold UV-S5, and the black SRK from fast tech, on mine the battery holder part is 1-2 mm longer on the SRK, and the springs under the batteries are also longer by 2-3 mm.
The SRK is 1-2 mm longer when placed on a flat surface, the cut outs on the ring are shorter on the SRK, the SRK uses centering rings around the led’s, missing on the UV-S5.
For anyone bothered about a rattly switch, unscrew switch, then put a small bit of sponge in the hole, this stops 100% of the rattle costs nothing really and doesn’t affect operation in any way.
tabs

Having read all of the posts on here, I am a little concerned about the black SkyRay King I have on order from FastTech.

Where can we still source an original SRK from on the internet? (In black)

I wouldn’t be at all worried, I think , certainly in my case the tint being a lot colder fooled me into thinking it was nowhere near as good as claimed, well in fact it isn’t any brighter than the fast tech UV-S5 that I also have but is massively better in the woods, showing things so naturally that you can see a LOT better and clearer, even seems to throw farther when out in the woods, but when walking about my estate seems no better, BUT if I had to use just one in the woods it would without doubt be the SRK from fast tech, no way is it 2500L though compared with 1800L for the UV-S5, it’s no brighter than the S5 but a whole lot more useful, and the resistors to do the mods are around £2 for 100(hundred) delivered from “be gay”, so I’m modding mine, but for ease will use std 1/4W carbon resistors from maplins at 29p each, so 87 pence job done, shouldn’t need to do this but—-, I just wish retailers would test light output and put up REAL WORLD FIGURES.
My SRK wasn’t working, but easier to fix than send back, it showed signs of having been tested but owing to the nature of the fault could not possibly have worked, it also showed signs of having been apart but who ever did it was on completely the wrong track fault wise, the “fix” costs nothing and it still is a light well worth having.
As I’m in the uk also I’m happy to help if you get stuck ?
tabs