Black SRK at Fasttech for under $40 with BLF-coupon!

thanks for point it out. i must have been blinded by the excitement of the offering.

Thanks price is too tempting.

I received my black SRK from Fasttech today and I am a little disappointed. It is my second black SRK, I ordered my first from Fancyflashlights and there are some differences.

Both lights came in nice white boxes with good cut out foam inserts. But there are some small differences in the two lights. The biggest difference, and the one that convinces me they are not the same, is in the silver bezel around the front of the light. The one from Fancyflashlights is stainless steel, a magnet does not stick to it. The one from Fasttech is chromed steel, it is shinier and a magnet sticks to it easily. There is also a slight gap between the chrome bezel and the black body of the Fasttech light. You can’t really see it but you can feel it when you run your fingernail across it.

The switch on the Fasttech light also has a differenct feel to it. It has a softer click than the one from Fancyflashlights. The printing on the two lights is also different.

I can’t compare the two lights for performance because I only have one set of batteries right now. If the performance is on a par with the my original SRK, I can live with the slightly lesser build quality.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep us updated!

-Garry

Is fasttech SRK has old driver or new driver ?

photos will be helpful

Based on photos posted in another thread on the SRK, the driver in both flashlights appear to be the old driver. I will post photos soon.

Sure you can. Use 2 batteries in each, the batteries run parallel.

So will you post some images for comparison? What color is the lanyard? Thanks

If by a set of batteries you mean 4, than you can use 2 in each king for some testing.
The king works even with one cell.

The good news is I found the four Keeppower 2600mAh batteries I bought from KumaBear. They are charging on my new Intellicharger I4 right now. So I now have a total of eight batteries to test with.

The bad news is I spent most of last night charging the TrustFire 3000mAh batteries I bought on eBay. I tried the freshly charged batteries in the FastTech SRK and it worked for about 45 seconds and then went out. It won’t come back on. I put the same batteries back in the FancyFlashlights SRK and everything is working fine. This does not bode well for the FastTech light.

I know many people have bought mimic or clone flashlights and have been happy with them. I might just have a lemon. But I will be testing FastTech’s customer service. Unless I am able to resolve the issue and get the flashlight working, I will expect a refund and prepaid return shipping.

I got mine from fast tech 3 days ago. mine works good but it had to be all the way turned down tight. or it won’t turn on.

I put the batteries back in and tightened the head. This time it worked again for only about 10 seconds and stopped. Loosening and retightening the head didn’t help, it won’t come back on. Thanks for advice, it was worth a try.

A common but 100% WRONG misconception about stainless steel is it is not magnetic, NO STAINLESS STEEL IN THE WORLD IS 100% NON MAGNETIC, stainless steels will attract a magnet to some degree, this is due to FERITE and or MARTENSITE being present, a 100% AUSTENTIC stainless would show no attraction, in practice this cannot be acheived, there will always be some FERITE and or MARTENSITE in the mix, this is what attracts the magnet.
Chances are it is another material, a stainless alloy mix most likely, it’s likely it’s atraction was so weak as not to be felt.
tabs

Almost pulling the trigger to buy one. I only wonder if the warm white is the old cree T4/T5, or also a newer bin like the u2? What’s the difference on lumen light output on this particular light?

True Dat.

Put a magnet up to your stainless steel Leatherman. It sticks.

Well my black SRK U2 came in from fasttech today. I cant figure out how to get the driver out (on any of my lights, I have a stupid), but here’s some pictures. If somebody can tell me how to disassemble it, I will be happy to take some pics of the driver. I tried it out with 4 x 3400 mAh protected Panasonics. I’m honestly not BLOWN AWAY with the output of this thing. It doesnt seem THAT much better than my Nitecore MH25 which is a single U2…

Please excuse the cell phone pics. It was the best I could do right now….Also please excuse the frost in the close up of the logo. Colorado is not warm this time of year :slight_smile:

hi everyone,

I had a 5 SRK, 2 from CHQG/FFL(black&gold), 1 from Hkequipment(gold), 1 one Lightmails and one from Manafont. according to my experience, all SRK on Fasttech site are CLONES. all they looks like cheap fakes from Lightmails and Manafont(CHQG/FFL and Hkequipment’s are good/originals). their bodies are very bad quality made comparing originals, diodes not centered, button swich different, as lanyard/boxes/light… everything. if they are working - this mean you lucky, but how long they will work - no one know. so just letting you know, on Fasttech at the moment one original King, this one:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000620/1057203-fandyfire-uv-s5-cree-xm-l-t6-1800lm-flashlight-4-x
it marked as “Fandyfire”, but it just labeled as other brand, but this one looks original, no any other from listed there.

So cheaper FF UV-S5 is also a clone?

is it has a stainless steel ring ?

looks like good old driver.

I guess yes, all these “new arrivals” on Fattech from the same supplier/factory, and all looks similar to clones I had. Ric from CHQG/FFL selling black clone too, but honestly informing that “Quality is not as good as original SKY RAY Black KIng” -
http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=584
and he is very right about it… Ric, my respect to you! :slight_smile:

s. here you will see the difference from old and new gold SRK:

the similar differences you will find with clone and original black SRK.