Black SRK at Fasttech for under $40 with BLF-coupon!

On the 4th picture i see in the corner; 2000lumens. This version with u2 should be 2500…?

I have a fandyfire gold uv-s5 t6 and a srk black u2 from fast tech. The gold t6 is brighter. They look identical

But both of those are mimics?

Hey… over here!!!

I don’t think that is right… because one year ago SKR was sold at $80-90, and button/logo can be different - but not body/quality. I’ve bought 5 SRK from various places on this november/december, and I as told before - CHQG/FFL/HKQ was the REALLY good quality. on FTT now - such crap(on photos), except Fandyfire for $45, but I’m not sure that you will receive one of these that on photos placed on site. but - hope and hope! :slight_smile: if you not sure, don’t try to save $10 - buy from CHQG/FFL/HKQ. to many factories can clone SRK at the moment, if you want to have right/good one, buy right one - like Roche M170 - and you will not disappointed with this one :wink: :bigsmile:

I got already FandyFire UV-S5 from FastTech ($45 one) and NW black SRK is coming from FancyFlashlights (will get it maybe tomorrow) :D

I suppose they will be similar except color - both are good, not clones 0:)

both of mine look like led4powers first one.

FF UV-S5 body is maybe slightly different to https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6727?page=16#comment-292312 and button is plastic.

vs.

Those arrow parts are almost same size, upper one just slightly thicker?.

in clones they are a bit fat than in original, and not deeply cut;

Both lights bodies are about same. UV-S5 threads are crappy and have lost some anodizing and button is lower quality and rattles. But brightness is about same, which is the most important thing to most people.

To me it was worth to pay ~$10 extra from better threads, better feeling switch which doesn't rattle and most of all, NW tint.

I have the gold UV-S5, and the black SRK from fast tech, on mine the battery holder part is 1-2 mm longer on the SRK, and the springs under the batteries are also longer by 2-3 mm.
The SRK is 1-2 mm longer when placed on a flat surface, the cut outs on the ring are shorter on the SRK, the SRK uses centering rings around the led’s, missing on the UV-S5.
For anyone bothered about a rattly switch, unscrew switch, then put a small bit of sponge in the hole, this stops 100% of the rattle costs nothing really and doesn’t affect operation in any way.
tabs

Having read all of the posts on here, I am a little concerned about the black SkyRay King I have on order from FastTech.

Where can we still source an original SRK from on the internet? (In black)

I wouldn’t be at all worried, I think , certainly in my case the tint being a lot colder fooled me into thinking it was nowhere near as good as claimed, well in fact it isn’t any brighter than the fast tech UV-S5 that I also have but is massively better in the woods, showing things so naturally that you can see a LOT better and clearer, even seems to throw farther when out in the woods, but when walking about my estate seems no better, BUT if I had to use just one in the woods it would without doubt be the SRK from fast tech, no way is it 2500L though compared with 1800L for the UV-S5, it’s no brighter than the S5 but a whole lot more useful, and the resistors to do the mods are around £2 for 100(hundred) delivered from “be gay”, so I’m modding mine, but for ease will use std 1/4W carbon resistors from maplins at 29p each, so 87 pence job done, shouldn’t need to do this but—-, I just wish retailers would test light output and put up REAL WORLD FIGURES.
My SRK wasn’t working, but easier to fix than send back, it showed signs of having been tested but owing to the nature of the fault could not possibly have worked, it also showed signs of having been apart but who ever did it was on completely the wrong track fault wise, the “fix” costs nothing and it still is a light well worth having.
As I’m in the uk also I’m happy to help if you get stuck ?
tabs

cnqualitygoods and fancyflashlights are the only ones I know.

Thanks!
What noticeable difference will the resistor mod make?

I’m a bit more chilled now.
I ordered it with the money I got back from Duracell after 2 lots of there batteries seized up my 2 mini Maglite’s! Frustrating to need them in a power cut only to find they were knackered!
I’ve been reading too much on here and now have another few lights on order :open_mouth:

The T6 led is under driven in the SRK at 2 amps, the resistor mod makes it drive at 3 amps each, so 50% more power to each led, due to losses that doesn’t equate to 50% more light, but should make it very noticeably brighter and more like the claimed 2500 lumen, of course doing it to the S5 should also do the same.
Inside the light head on the driver board there are three seperate resistors marked “153”, these can be either unsoldered and substituted with a “0603” or a additional resistor added to each of 39K ohm value, available as Maplin M39K part number.
I personally favour adding a resistor to each one already there, as there is a lot less chance of damaging the driver board, you can see just how tiny the standard fit 153 resistor is, I don’t personally trust myself to solder that small, due to shaky hands, but am not at all concerned about adding a “normal” size resistor.
YES, the more you read the more lights you order the more money you spend ha ha!!
I have another distraction personally money wise, no not drugs but my sierra cossie, that’s where my money goes.
I have around 30 lights, fortunately I’m not into name brand stuff so don’t pay lots for them, and they’re keeping me sane!
tabs

I purchased a SRK from FT on the 5th. I haven’t received it yet. Is it normal to take this long? I live in Oregon.

Brian, you ordered it during the Chinese New Year, that is why there is the delay. I’m sure you’ll receive it soon.

I ordered mine on Jan 30th and it shipped a few days later. I received it on Feb 15th. It only took ten days once it was received in Hong Kong. Why dont you track it or check the status of your order. I would think you would be getting it in a few days though.