BLF A6 with X5 reflector, or BLF X5 with 18650 tube (A6 body)

EE replied to the message I sent, they didn’t say much but a least they are aware of this thread now.

I agree with this, the OD of the battery tube of my 16650 EagleTac D25C2 mini is 20mm, exactly the same OD of my X5 Cu (the X5 is actually a few thousandth larger)

For a 16650 X5 the head should be able to remain the same size as it currently is as far as it’s thickness for the new threads.

But is there a High Drain IMR 16650 battery? I could only find an ICR rated 5a vs 6.5a for the efest IMR14500.

And even if there is a high drain that’s one more cell size that we would have to buy and keep around. If that’s the case then no thanks I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Hey, look at the picture I found while navigating through the forum:

“(…)image shows S41S head being lego to Astrolux SS 18650 tube”

source: ENEDED

I guess this light discussed here will be very similar in size as this one. Maybe a preview :slight_smile:

A valid point granted but some of us already have 16650 and 16340 cells and this would allow for 6V mods as well or stubby mods with a short tube. Chances are you will have it your way in any case and I’ll have to wait awhile longer for something more different than another P60 size light which is what this is shaping up to be. In which case I’ll be spending mine elsewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking P-60 as well or maybe a thrunite t30 / x power wildfire

Eagle Eye has finally a position about this.

2 days ago they have replied sending me pictures of the X6 tube assembled on theirs X5 head (my falt, I didn’t know they had another product labeled X5 - it’s a 25mm diameter flashlight).

Then I replied with my renderings and explaining about the BLF X5 head version (31mm diameter) on the X6 body 18650 tube.

Today I have received this message: “I’m very interested in this matter.How many do you want?”

I’ll ask about minimum order quantity and prices then I’ll report back. :slight_smile:

Me too. :slight_smile:

Well, I’m glad they were merely confused, not angry somehow.

This is very good indeed. I trust EE’s quality and QC, Hopefully they can keep the aesthetics consistent with the original (as that is much of the draw for me).

Wow! How did I miss this thread? Looking good alfas! :money_mouth_face:

Yeah!
Alfas, great work!

Great news, alfas! Thanks for keeping us updated. :+1:

I’m very pleased with my EE X6 host. Glad to hear they are interested!

Yes to be sure start an interest list now that the topic is not so long.
Please put me on it, Eagle Eye is very good quality and getting wrongs right is worth a lot too!

If are made by EE, I’ll buy at least 2 of them

Im in for one or more.

I’ll take four please! :smiley:

Me too.
What about the tint,can we choose?

I am in for one!
I was about to order an X6 anyway…. I think I can hold off.
What happens now? Do I just watch out for a new GB thread?

Sweet!

Well done, I would be in for at least (2) to start!! See if they would be interested in a 2S 18650 tube for the X6 it would balance out the big copper pill and would be kick ass with a XHP50 (or any 6v emitter) in it!! Just a thought!

Nice idea. I hope this gets sorted out! I want one bare naked