BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

I’m guessing that you followed my post to do this, only difference being I didn’t bother trying to harden/temper the clip, I just ran cold tap water over it when I was happy with how it looked. I’ll update you guys if it breaks or doesn’t hold the bend. So far so good.

I’m curious to see how Dale’s holds up compared to mine. I currently have it clipped to my jeans pocket about 4 days a week, alternating with the aluminum X6.

8a955d does not work: “coupon is olly allowed to use in special collection list”

BLF works and brings it to $36.75

This +1

Hey Dale, how does that triple X5 sink compare to a copper P60 triple sink dimensionally?

I think it might actually be bigger than a P60 sink. The first 4.4mm is ~20.6mm, then the next 10mm is 21.88mm, after that it’s the full 25mm of the 1” bar stock. Overall length is ~21mm. Pretty good chunk of copper in there, for sure. With the opening for the mcpcb/optic at ~20mm there’s about a 2.5mm thick wall around the 7.7mm pocket that assembly fits into, so the copper is substantial top to bottom in this particular lights set up.
I cut it to fit fairly snug, gotta line it up just so and sorta twist it in… still not a press fit but there’s no slop either. Then I smeared Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive all inside the pill and pushed the sink in, so it squeezed out the ahesive through the no longer used holes in the emitter shelf, filling them and aiding thermal continuity (or it sounds good anyway!) So with the mcpcb reflowed into the pill while putting the emitters on, it’s pretty much now all one piece.

Edit: clip removal is really easy. Take the tail cap off, slip a flat blade screwdriver under that raised portion at the center of the “c”, pry up using the end of the threaded battery tube under the screwdriver for leverage. Clip lifts right off. No scratches. Even if there were, it’d be under the tail cap of an assembled light, but it didn’t do anything to mine.

I order my batteries from here. Fast shipping in th U.S. too. :slight_smile:

Robo is putting a good GB together for 14500 and 18650 batteries Here.

I love Banggood! They have the cheapest, fastest delivery (12 days or less)

fonfan, are you in the US?
All ya got to do brother is select “Priority Direct Mail” and pay the few cents more, and if you want protection just add the insurance for a buck or two.

My SS/Cu set arrived exactly 9 days from the day I placed the order. Priority Direct Mail shipping (6-9 business days) was free and insurance (protection) was $4.00

For an AL set the priority direct shipping is only a .43 cent upcharge and the insurance is $1.80

Before the SS/Cu set the last flashlight I ordered from Banggood arrived 12 days from order date. (I’m in eastern US)

I think its too early to label these “unlimited” editions, do we know if all 400 of each were actually delivered? And too early for all the whining about that, some members might still want to buy a set. :wink:

can someone please see what it takes to make an alum 16650 batt tube to fit the alum K5 head ??

Interesting question. If I wasn’t already in bed I’d grab my calipers.

I’m wondering if there’s enough aluminum in the tube to just bore it, then remove both springs to get the extra length.

I doubt it, the threaded area seemed pretty thin if my memory is accurate, but I’ll be checking in the morning. I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

The X5 is amazing as is, a slightly thicker and longer tube wouldn’t ruin the form factor for me and having a bit more run time would be well worth the effort.

I was just browsing through my emails, and completely forgot about this. :-((
Moved from MA to CA last month n have been a little busy. :stuck_out_tongue: ….is there anything left? I saw the comment in the original post about unused codes being given away…

I was #209 & 209.

I got the alu X5/X6 set in yesterday. The X6 is a nice improvement over the Eagle Eye version with its screw-in reflector, and of course the great new driver (I will test that reflector against the old EE X6 some time, both the SS and alu X6’s from this group buy have a reflector with uneven reflecting surface and a less distinct hotspot than my original EE X6’s) , but that aluminium X5 is the great achievement of this whole undertaking in my opinion, and well worth the 39 dollar that Banggood is asking now for the separate X5 (do not read this, Neal!).

The X5 lost its stock-ness already :frowning:

It also has now a XP-L Hi 3000K 80 CRI led

Wow! Is that one of the new 6x boards? I need to upgrade mine!

I’m betting that there isn’t an 16650 out there anywhere that can deliver the kind of power the Purple Efest 14500 dishes out.

Jos, awesome! Gotta get me some of those boards! I’ve got 8 different colors of LED’s, time for the next step… (thank you so not much for the push!)

Edit: By the way, it’s only 17.9mm between the flats. Bore it out so a 16650 fits and it’d be VERY thin where those flats run.

It is indeed, the dumb 16mm version with orange 0603 leds and 3x 6.8kOhm resistors, it looks really neat!

hi is there any Cu left?.
18650?.

thanks,

Got my SS/Cu boxed sets today (076/400) and (077/400). Excellent lights. Just few micro dings at the corners of the boxes which does not bother me at all. Also got my Al set. Currently I’m charging the batteries to try and wake them up.

I would like to thank team KRONOS for all their fantastic efforts to create these beauties. Thanks to Manker and Banggood for working with BLF and making this project and others a reality.

So Krono when can we expect the new thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

New thread? Whatever could you be talking about? :wink:

I received my 239/400 SS/Cu boxed set 2-16-2016. The box looks really good with slight damage (scuffs) by the logo on the front corner which probably occurred during shipping. The X5 has a small ding at the bezel and knurling is very smooth. Both lights are very heavy for their size. The switches work well, but are not precise as those on my BLF A6. I have not yet had a chance to try them out at night. I am using Samsung 25R flat tops in the X6 and dark purple Efest 14500s in the X5. I ordered NW and while the X6 seems spot on, the X5 appears to be cooler. I am looking forward to taking them both outside this weekend. They are great looking lights, but due to their heaviness may be shelf queens or nightstand lights. Aluminum version would be better suited to EDC.

Switches on the A6, X6, and X5 are identical. Got no idea why one would feel more precise than the other. The rubber boots should be the same as well, perhaps the boot has a different length of post that allows for a little play? The switch itself though is the same, or is supposed to be.

I’ve been carrying the Cu X5 on my waistband, with or without a belt, for some 2 months now and weight is simply not an issue. Well, no more so than having full pockets and phone and knife and everything anyway, lol.

Is CNY considered over? I’m still trying to get a replacement tailcap for my crappy, badly knurled one. Been like 3 weeks.