BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

My Box # 026 arrived today. Unluckily it arrived damaged. And the X5 touched the X6 inside the box.

It’s a little annoying how poorly safe the shipping was handled.

But nevertheless…… many Thanks to Kronos for this great project. I love the BLF-Projects.

Thanks,
Ger/

That is not what you stated. You had left out the "no big deal" which makes it a complaint ;)

As far as the lights...there is nothing wrong with them either.

It really seems like the people that handled these lights in production and packaging were not aware of the softer nature of the copper vs the anodized lights they’re used to dealing with. Evidence abounds that they were not handled with “kid gloves”. Maybe not as much a fault of those handling them as those managing those handling them. A different kind of lack of communication.

“Yu haf 2 b cawfl, vewy cawfl! No dinty blingy thingy!” (no of fence mint, two nywon, just tri be funi.)

Maybe so Sir but..... Copper by it's nature being soift can suffer a some imperfections and the ever so slight (and magnified) stuff just shown is not something that can or should bwe considered a problem. That kind of stuff will happen just be people handling them to show them off.

If slight imperfections are going to become an issue and a hassle then ALL the future Copper plans that we have need to scrapped.....including triples and quads...just as there will never be SN's again.

No funny Indy, no funny :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It has to be the language difference, for I really just pointed out that I had two damaged corners. It’s not the Team fault that it has been mistreated in the shipping, and the Cu light has got marks on it, so no complaints to the team, but maybe one to Banggood. I have paid $107 with shipping for this, so I expected more.

Here is the marks I have on the box and on the light:

Those are normal Cu marks and IF you start an avalanche of complaints you will also cause all copper projects to go away. That is not enough damage. AL lights suffer the same amount.

Also...a copper light like this should be 3x what the complete set cost with the box. Please do not get greedy.

I think it would be easier to make a no copper/ whiner list that need special permission to join group buys!!..… Just sayin!! :wink:

I will not complain any more, but I must be allowed showing the issues with my box and light, like many other have done in this thread. Why is I threaded like the enemy that will destroy all good for all future?

And if you look at it as this is a limited set, that can go up in value, that I maybe will sell in 10 years time, the value is hurt by any issues with the box or lights. Condition, condition, condition is the clue for true limited sets. But I’m not in to this GB to make a profit. Thees lights is just for me.
And If I’m lucky to get another, I have a really nice birthday or Christmas gift for my brother later on.

Hey Bugsy, please don't be distracted by a few complainers. We, the silent majority love these projects and want MOAAAAR. Please keep going and don't scarp any project. We appreciate all the efforts.

Because Ken you have a reputation of using unreasonable expectations to receive discounts and refunds. That behavior threatens what we try and accomplish here. You arrived here in that manner and you still have not changed. You stated you would go after Banggood a couple posts back.

WHAT I’m not going after banggood, but I must be allowed to say that they could have done a better job with the packing/shipping and handling of the lights? Thats do not mean that I’m out for any refund of any kind.
Everything I write is misunderstood by you, and maybe others. If I’m was going after banggood or wanted a refund or something, I write it, and that is not the case here.

Why are you twisting everything I write to something negative??
What have I done you to deserve this treatment?

Quote “It has to be the language difference, for I really just pointed out that I had two damaged corners. It’s not the Team fault that it has been mistreated in the shipping, and the Cu light has got marks on it, so no complaints to the team, but maybe one to Banggood. I have paid $107 with shipping for this, so I expected more.”
Kenneth,

You state “it has to be the language”, yet you seem to be the only one who has the ability to be offensive and sarcastic in almost every post you make. You were almost kicked out of this group buy and perhaps came close to being banned from the forum. Your current complaints (Box condition, tiny ding on Copper X5) have nothing to do with this group buy and the design team and everything to do with the vendor. Instead of causing offense and disharmony on this forum, why not deal with the vendor directly? Neal has a great reputation, and I have dealt with him in the past and found him to be very fair and reasonable. Just a suggestion, but if you start off your conversation being polite instead of rude and critical you will get much farther. And as far as your “it HAS to be the language” comment, may I add one observation: you consistently appear to state a complaint and follow it with the words “but I am not complaining”, that hypocrisy is pretty offensive and it seems like it would be pretty easy to stop doing. After all repeating an action over and over but expecting different results is by definition insanity.

Sharpie, why get rid of R1, R2? That’s the low voltage protection. On all of our other drivers that use the ATTiny13A, this is essential. Does the ATTiny25 allow for reading the Voltage without this?

My 7135 is grounded on the outer ground ring, through the wide grounding tab on the back side of the chip, it’s also connected to the middle pin of the 3 pins, which is a one piece tab that runs exposed under the 7135 chip. ALL prior drivers running 7135 chips are mounted this way. Nanjg, Qlite, AK47, all of em.

That LED is not well centered …

Ken, those dents are from the knurling of another light, I’m thinking they binned the parts before assembly and the softer copper got imprinted by knurling. This is seemingly a common way to go about taking the parts from the machine shop to the assembly line, usually even from different parts of a building or another site altogether. So those marks are common, random, and typical of the way they’re handled. We can try to get them to handle copper components differently, but they’ve already gone a long way and put coatings on and such, so we might be stretching this first breakthrough. Remember, this kind of thing simply hasn’t been done before. To expect perfection the first time out of the gate might be asking too much (obviously is)

They’ll get better, they have to learn.

If you make something from copper, you’ll see. It is tough to handle it and not get dents, dings, scratches. It’s one of the reasons copper products are so expensive, they take extra care.

Think you have most of it, except for R1/R2.

R1/R2 should be a voltage divider on V+ feeding into pin 7. It is used in the firmware (against the internal 1.1 V Vref) for low voltage protection and cell level indication.

Good insight on Vgs ringing back-feeding through the IO-pin clamp diodes. I think that has been a big topic of discussion when these DD boards were initially developed. (EDIT: This relates to having C1 before or after D1.)

C1 was moved to before the diode for a good reason - I dunno details, but was well published at the time by comfy. Since then, Richard (RMM) has the best memory on this, I'm sure others do as well.

Got my set today. 25 of 400. Normal damage to box as per described by some members and a few minor dents and scratches. No big deal. Awesome deal overall! Big thanks to everyone involved!

I received my first of two sets today #155 of 400.

Overall, lovely!

Two corners of the box did get dinged up slightly, but with the amount of padding I can't say it is from a lack of effort. I didn't put my lights under a microscope (or good lighting) yet but nothing visibly wrong with either. Haven't put a cell in yet.

The copper light does have room at the tail to move laterally in the closed box, if it was up in that position and dropped or thrown. My light was sitting up high in the cutout but it doesn't appear to have been damaged.

This set will probably stay stock, and I'll await the second set before anything gets modded, but there is definitely room for improvement. The same can be said for any flashlight so don't go apes$); on me dbstim.

I can't imagine anyone not wanting a lighted tailcap, but the simple answer is to swap a regular non lighted tailcap, or remove your tailcap and knock off the LED, and everything will be back to normal. without the led drawing power no power will be used and it will be the normal .06mA parasitic drain every driver has.

For the price, superb! Even if they did come with nicks, but nobody should be chastized for stating their opinion on the damage done due to poor handling practices from a manufacturer. $100 is a lot of money to some people, especially for just one or two flashlights. You guys did an excellent job, now step down a rung or two and get over yourselves and do it again!