Blue Fatty - Wurkkos WK30

That was basically my thought process about the switch and the diameter …I was just curious.

Yeh, and one of the Haikelites (SC26?) was nicknamed “Li’l Fatso” or similar, but they came in a variety of colors.

A good addition to the UV portion is a filter. This has a relatively powerful UV LED (LG). They say driven at 2000ma which I don't believe, but it's almost as good as a Convoy.

Was thinking about that, but not sure how would it best be mounted. Optical glue, but dunno how well that might pass UV.

Make it big enough that the glue is not in the light path. I trimmed a 20mm filter, but if you can find a 11-12mm filter it would probably fit nicely without trimming. 1mm thick might be best as the glass lens already blocks some of the UVA; thinner filters allow more UV through (as well as more vis). But this isn’t my serious light for fluorescent minerals, just an everyday light

charging up the Wurkkos

Yep, there it is... looking at mine. I can't believe I missed that! I must have been blinded by the (UV) light!

The inside of the tailcap is also the same exact design as the SP33. Another mm in diameter and they’d probably be interchangeable.

Talked to the Aliexpress seller for the WK30 and asked them about other colors and they said " Yes, Wurkkos are considering now doing a four color mix flashlight, with ,red, green, blue and white".

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this light. Once you get the ui down you are good to go. I really like mine.

Me too, it's a solid little light and really well finished. Not sure why, but I find myself playing more with this light than any of my other lights, it's just a fun light. When they make the 4 colored light, I'll order several as Christmas gifts since it takes protected cells.

Wurkkos WK30 sesonal edition: My Way

WK 30 review

Good God, even skipping through that in 10-15sec jumps, I had to stop at the 5min mark ’cause I felt myself slipping into a coma. Talk about a cure for insomnia…

“Hmm, here’s an instruction manual… looks like it’s printed on paper… these look like words… hmmm, some look like English, some like other languages…” Blah, blah, blah. Thank you, Captain Obvious. snnxxxxxxx…

Lightbringer!! Honestly, your posts crack me up sometimes. :smiley: LOL!

I have seen this guy’s reviews before, and yeah he’s no Advanced Knife Bro…
But I gotta say, he’s fairly thorough and does include beamshots.

Don’t be an a-hole

I wonder if there's any light in Charles' world that is not amazing, outstanding, wonderful, marvellous or simply just great. If praising everything to heaven in 5min and waving a flashlight from left to right over someone's lawn is the ideal way to get expensive lights for free or even get paid for doing reviews, I'm afraid most of us on BLF seem to do something wrong. :-D

As I’ve said, if you start giving bad reviews you don’t get lights to review. Too many guys do inside beam shots, or none at all. And whoever wants a review doesn’t send trash. I, for one, like the ‘tree of life’ :wink:

lol what? i dont understand a word u sayin lightbringer

I didn’t even get that far. I was dreading the “Well, it seems you push this button and it lights up…” part.