CANCELED - Group buy feeler thread: Ultrafire LW-12T6

:Sp

Not dead, but in severe condition. We are currently performing CPR activities to get it back. ;)

The second sample wasn't functioning properly -> needs at lest one more round of iteration. ON the bright side, we are trying to get NW emitters included at the same time..

the

Any company that does not make sure that an evaluation sample is working correctly MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS. Either they do not understand what is wanted which means that there is a communications barrier or you are being given the run around to see the minimum cost version they can get you to accept, a well known Chinese business tactic.

I'm willing to wait, but it they can't pull it off, see about selling it as a host. Just the reflector, contact board and switch. We supply our own driver, mcpcb's and emitters. It'd cost more, but it could be significantly better. DTP mcpcb's, XM-L2 U2 NW, BLFDD... The host price would have to be really good though, otherwise the project costs way too much. $30 shipped??

Based on one recent post from RMM I get the impression that virtually All of these high output 12 LED lights have major thermal issues except for the Trustfire TR-J20 which weighs about twice what this does, can use 32650 batteries and as delivered is a lower output light. Also it costs considerably more and should make a better club. As a monster light I have the TrustFire TR-S700 arriving today and while it is lower output it again reportedly has minimal to no thermal issues which is worthwhile in my opinion. It is also a lot shorter, has a continuously variable output UI and has a handle.

For starters I wish that the ANSI standards had a requirement to list the maximum CONTINUOUS Lumens output a light could sustain at say 68 F ambient temperature (20C) with no cooling breeze and without either damage or overheating so it is too hot to comfortably hold. That would give a lot better genuine output capability picture than the current lights which cannot sustain their listed Turbo output for more than a minute or three due to thermal limitations. As bad are the ones that have outputs that their batteries cannot sustain for more than a very short time.

See RMM’s comment above about his tests of the 12 LED lights he has tested. Not trying to discourage the group buy but figure people need to know what they are getting based on one professional customizer’s experience and opinion.

TRJ20 would be a wonderful option, except for the price.

The issue with regards to thermal sag, is a problem on all the lights pushing near the limits. I don't know about others, but for myself, I very rarely find myself using Turbo for more than a few seconds at a time.

I also am aware of how I use flashlights.

I totally agree!

Any news on how this gb is going??

Tortoise speed!

Hi guys,

I’m very sorry for the long custom made way :frowning:
Actually there are several samples sent to our office during the progress, but unfortunately, there is no one qualified :frowning:
The lasted one was sent on this Tuesday, and some of the changes are ok now, but not all.
The recent one is ok with the bellow changes:

- 4-mode with good spacing, without blinkies

- working mode memory (4s off and the mode is memorized)

- 9000lm version without Lithium battery protection board

• BLF logo

But the battery holder is a little bit loose and need to be improved, and it’s not NW version, it’s about 6000-6500k, now the manufacture is working on the 4500-5000K, don’t know the result now, I will push them harder :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support as always :beer:

:weary: of waiting but i’ll wait…hope the 9,000lm not chinese lumens :bigsmile:

It may disappoint you! Its Chinese lumens!

Any developments with this yet? I was hoping to have it so i could give them as christmas presents, but thats clearly not going to happen lol. Everyone here is very patient :slight_smile:

Clearly, you are conserving your comments! :wink: Two posts in 3 1/2 years.

Pretty much haha. I was a lurker when i first joined when i was looking for a more pocketable light, and that light has done well up until now. Im looking for something alot brighter and with more potential, so ive come back and signed up for this light after lurking once more. This one looks like a good one!

Helloooo….no update from Gearbest, is this GB feeler thread canceled? :frowning:

$68 really isn’t a horrible price for it. I doubt the group buy price would have been that much lower anyway.

Please forget the gb!