CANCELED - Group buy feeler thread: Ultrafire LW-12T6

Count me. XM-L or XM-L2.

Yes! I’m in, and interested :slight_smile: XML2 would be preferred. With XML I’m still in…

Hopefully this goes ahead successfully soon, thanks for setting it up.

Not sure if I made myself clear,count me in if not already on list.

Just want to say, while I am very interested, depending on how the X60 group buy goes, I might need some time to recover, so if this happens within 2 weeks I'm probably out, if it's more like a month, I'm in.

I may not follow through either. I need to make some big upgrades to battery testing equipment, and I'm only about 1/3rd of the way there right now. I may even turn around and sell the K40M that just shipped to me.

Update: Battery test equipment has been upgraded. I should be okay with this group buy now.

More lumens for what I expect to be less than half the price here! :slight_smile: Kinda spoils X60 for me unless the price was so low that I think its impossible for them to ever sell it at…

The X60 has a much better UI, uses 6 batteries instead of 3 spreading the load more.

If the goal is purely numbers on a sphere, this is definitely the way to go in terms of $/lumens, but if your goal is a usable light, the X60 is a better option. The price better be very very appealing though. The X40, K40M and K50 GB's killed my budget, dissolved it in a bathtub of acid, poured it into a plastic drum and buried it in a desert.

If there is no upgrade in terms of UI, and preferably LED's I'm probably out.

Is this still in the works?

only if they can make by XM-L2 T6 or U2.

X60 is expensive with local taxes and there is small change to get that without.

Yes, this is still in the works. The factory has made a sample, which I will receive "soon" (read: in a couple of weeks).

It will be L2, driven hard, and with modes 1%, 15%, 50% & 100%.

Really looking forward to this. :)

Please count me in on this one. Also like to know if spare drivers will be available to purchase. Thanks.

I’m on the fence with this one so I will wait till the sample has been tested before making a decision. But at least batteries won’t be an issue for me as I still have some 26650’s kicking around that have yet to be put into a dedicated role other than backup cells for other lights.

I’m definitely interested, can’t wait to hear how the sample performs.

I really hope it can be updated to XM-L2’s with an option to satisfy all with either NW or CW tints.

Has any one opened one up to see what the LED Table is like as far as whether or not it is integral to the head and how thick it is etc? A light like this with a lousy thermal path away from the LEDs is just a disaster waiting to happen as far as the LEDs and electronics is concerned, particularly after hop-up or when delivered from the factory in a true high power configuration. From what I read this is frequently the Achilles heel of higher power budget Chinese lights, a totally inadequate thermal path to get the heat out.

One of the major differences between the SupFire M6 and the average SRK for example, and some late model SRKs are even worse with LED mounting plates that do not even contact the light body directly. I know as I was unlucky enough to buy one of them. A total POS from a thermal management standpoint. Per RMM who looked it over the only thermal path from the LED table to the light body was through the screw which clamped the LED plate to the reflector then through the reflector to the light body.

I have the 9 t6 version of this light. I believe the temperature management to be as good as i have seen.

The base on which the led plate sits on is approx 4 mm thick. The plate is sandwiched between the aluminuim reflector and the base
with plenty of thermal grease and two screws to bring them together. The top section screws to the tapered section that has plenty of heat fin area.

Its one of the brightest stock lights i have. It consumes about 75 watts on high and the head heats up super quick which suggests the thermal path is good.

Im so impressed i intend to buy the 12 and 15 xm-l versions and somehow avoid my amazing tolerant wife jamming them down my throat.

Count me in for one.

I would be interested in one.

Thanks

Very interested, depending on what you find. If there is no next mode memory that will be icing on the cake.

Count me in please.