Wuben wants to make a pass-around experience in Europe. The flashlight to be “passed-around” is the Wuben TO50R.
Please consider this thread as an “invitation/request” for 4 European pass-arrounders”, to join me in this experience!
Below are indicated the “rules/conditions” for this experience. Please read it till the end and post any questions/suggestion you have.
HOW WILL IT WORK? :nerd_face:
- The pass-around experience will involve 5 BLF members (me included) from EUROPE.
- Each member will have the TO50R for a period of 7 days. It is expected that during / shortly after that 7 days period a review of the TO50R is produced and published. The review can be published on BLF and/or other channels (forums, blogs, sites, video channels, or others). The link for each member’s work/review will then be added in the post #3.
- The 7 days period starts counting from the day the member receives the flashlight, not the shipping day. After that period, the flashlight must be sent to the next member in the list. (This means that - depending on the shipping times - this pass-around experience may take about 1,5 – 2 months to be completed since the day I send it until the day I receive it again in the end.)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? :laughing:
- BLF members from Europe that have an account previous to the day this thread is posted, and preferably that have been regular contributors to BLF.
- The participating members should be from different countries.
- It is preferable that the members do not have or have had a TO50R, currently or before.
- It is indifferent if the members have already reviewed flashlights or not (in BLF or in another channels), as long as they commit to make their review of this flashlight according to the conditions exposed here.
- The interested members should post “I’m IN” and must indicate the Username + Country. A list of the participating members will be posted on post #2. Ex: 1 - MascaratumB – Portugal.
- The list will be elaborated in a “first come, first served”. Exception is to be made if the members declaring interest do not fit the above mentioned criteria!
THE PROCESS :student:
- Wuben will send me TO50R flashlight. I will pass it to the 2nd member, the 2nd to the 3rd, the 4th to the 5th, and the 5th will send it back to me. According to Wuben’s rules, I will own the flashlight after the pass-around, and I will (co)coordinate this experience.
- The contacts between me and the involved members (for addresses, shipping information or other relevant issues) will be done through Private Message.
- Whenever a member sends and receives the TO50R, that should be indicated, and it will be posted in this thread on post #2, below the participant’s List.
- For the pass-around, members will have to contact each other to get the address of the “following” and to send the flashlight to the next member. (I contact the 2nd, 2nd contacts the 3rd, and so on.)
- The shipping fees will be supported by WUBEN. Wuben proposes that members involved in the pass around will send me a photo of the shipping receipt and their PayPal account, I organize all in an unified e-mail, send it to Wuben and they refund the members through PayPal account. Still, in case you are not willing to spend money on this process and then be refunded, please do not declare interest!!
- The flashlight must always be shipped with tracking and each member will have to pass the tracking number/shipping information to the next member (receiver). Also, to be transparent to all involved in the process, it would be nice to have the “sending/receiving” dates information in the pass-around thread. (I will add it to post #2)
- The package must be well protected to prevent accidental damages to the flashlight or accessories during shipment.
- Also, the involved members can define/agree which will be the best carrier to send the flashlight, complying with the other points in this and other sections.
- Other costs, if existing (related to Customs and/or import taxes), will be assured by the receiving member.
- The flashlight and accessories shall not be damaged for review purposes or tests. That implies that the flashlight should not be disassembled (only if the parts come out without damaging it functionally) or be target of any other action that may damage it or prevent it from working correctly.
- During the pass-around experience, in case there is any functional damage or any damage provoked by the members involved, that hinders a review of the flashlight as if it was “brand new”, it will be dealt directly with/by Wuben and the BLF member. Wuben shall then decide what to do in that case.
- If the light has some kind of malfunction on its arrival to me, I will communicate that to Wuben and will also post it here on the thread, so that we all know the flashlight is not in “perfect” conditions. (Probably post #4)
NEW [6 August 2019]
Wuben will offer a 50% discount to the members involved in the pass-around experience.
I will send them a list with the usernames of the involved people so that they can have the record.
The discount code is to be used in Amazon in any Wuben products, and it can be used within a 1 month period.
The involved members shall contact WubenLight through Private Message and they will provide the specific discount code for the product(s) required.
AFTER THE PASS AROUND >>> GIVEAWAY :partying_face:
- After the pass around experience, I will own the flashlight.
- However, to “give something back to the community” (apart from the review itself!), I will do a Giveaway of something related to this forum (flashlights, batteries, knives, some amount/coupon/… to use in physical or online stores, or other EDC gear). I may also decide to give the TO50R, but that’s to be decided yet.
- The GAW will be done here on BLF, complying with its rules.
- The GAW will have a specific thread for that.
- It will be organized after I receive the flashlight in the end of the pass-around.
- One rule I know in advance is that the members participating in this pass-around experience will have double chances to win the GAW. The only thing they will have to do is “enter” the GAW so that they get “numbers” for the draw.
- To be decided: prizes, geographical area of the GAW (only Europe or WorldWide).
DISCLAIMER :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
- Being the “organizer” of the pass-around experience, I:
a) shall take no other responsibilities than the ones of organizing, communicating with members and Wuben, posting updates and “managing” the thread in what concerns to its development;
b) shall take no monetary responsibilities other than the ones involved in the shipping the flashlight to the 2nd member, and eventually from the 5th member back to me, and those related to my final GAW after the Pass-around experience.
- This pass-around experience will be “coordinated” by me, in contact with Wuben representative on BLF, Jelina (aka WubenLight).
- I will try not to change the rules/conditions during the P-A Experience, but if it is needed, there will be a warning in the top of the Post #1; the involved members & Wuben will be contacted by PM.
- To the members NOT involved in the pass-around experience, please avoid sending me Private Messages about it. Other subjects non-related to this are, of course, welcome. I’ll try to manage things publically within the thread, and I’ll try to answer as quick as possible. This is a hobby not a full time job
- Enjoy, be happy and let’s have fun with this :sunglasses:
THANKS in advance to Wuben, in particular Jelina, and THANKS to all willing to participate in this experience :exclamation: :+1: