CLOSED: Group buy: MT-G2 Order Thread (Price Updated!)

Smoke! Inputs and outputs are not isolated and canā€™t be combined.

All emitters went in the mail during lunch VIA first class USPS.

Post here when you get emā€™!

It would be very interesting for everyone to post in this thread

What host they used

What driver/s were used

What was the result

Some beam shots/data

Got mine today! Looks big, I've seen the pics, but wow, in real life... Thinking a T08 might make a good host - I know it will convert it to a flooder, but it's got a 2 parallel battery setup, lots of heat sinking, reflector fits it and it's a decent size reflector, and has a large empty pill.

I'm not liking the small star the MT-G2 is on though - wire connections are too close in and will interfere with many reflectors, but struggle with that all the time when upgrading to 22 gauge wires.

Wonder if anyone tried a stock driver to see what it would do on lower voltage.

Mine arrived today in great shape. Thanks FM for all your work putting this together for us. :wink:

Funny you should say that. here you go :wink:
ZY-T08 MT-G2 Mod

I had success with the stock driver in my UF-T90 but thatā€™s a three cell light. In theory any boost or buck converter can handle some load voltage variation. Itā€™s possible protections exist on some drivers to prevent a load overvoltage condition. In reality, I doubt it due to the added cost of adding it.

Subscribing, after unsubscribing, since I mysteriously stopped getting notifications on 3/30 even though I've replied multiple times since then... |(

Glad they are coming in great shape. And thanks for the kind words.

Weā€™ll do this again sometime!

Got 'em! Thanks for doing this.

To test them I used two cr123s... and measured the current, 650mA. I wonder what the runtime would be like in a tiny little pocket light? LOL

Also, they are FIERCE at 3.5A. I accidentally flashed myself with one on a CPU heatsink and couldn't see colors for the next 10 minutes.

Whyyyyyyy, didn't I saw this thread earlier...

Can someone recommend to FT to get this emitters :)

Wait until you see them at 5A+
I hope that someone is attempting a triple with theseā€¦ :open_mouth: J) :wink:

Yes...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1234001

plus

http://www.taskled.com/hbflex.shtml

Awesome!!!

Dare I try ā€œI hope someone is attempting a 7x with theseā€ :wink:
Hey, it worked for a triple! J)

Haā€¦Funny, but FYI, I go mine today, think I will use my SST-80 as a host:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000516/1052602-trustfire-st-50-sst-50-5-mode-1300-lumen-memory-le

Got mine today too.

Got mine todayā€¦.thanks.

Mine arrived today. I totally forgot about it, and couldnā€™t figure out what the hell it could be.
Thanks for doing this Frank, and helping out your neighbor to the north.

Hey no problem at all. It was only a dollar more to ship to Canada so i know for the future.

Sounds like everyone got theirs then, what to do a group buy for next?

I know there are a couple of custom driver project going on, but I think we should be more pro-active on that front, so before group buys we do a group development project. I know there are group contributions efforts that occur on the web in other areas of interest, and maybe we should try something along those lines. I think we'll have more and faster success that way.

Ok, it will work like this: put forth a spec on a driver (we all agree with - may not be easy here...). Everyone involved puts in $$$ into the pool for R&D and testing of a prototype run -- this is important: we actually pay someone for their efforts and costs, paying as a group, evenly divided. If the protos turn out well and what we wanted, we contract it out for manufacturing, qty to be determined. The paying participants get to decide at this point - buy the inventory at cost to keep or re-sell or both?

Just an idea...