Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I agree, software.

Paul

All changes via SW please.

ITs been 27 days since the last update on this light. Any word (or prototypes) from the manufacturer in hand or inbound :slight_smile: ?

Tomorrow is the 27th, someone’s getting a BLF SE modified A6 with some direction from random.org sometime tomorrow. :wink:

Wow, So there has been some big time progress! And that means sometime soon, you guys will be sharing all the fun info on the actual final(?) product. Or am I misunderstanding?

Good Day CUL8R,

Dale aka DBCstm is giving away a sample light Expertly modded by him.....

See:

Bugsy's Eagle Eye A6 BLF SE Giveaway, Group Buy members only please

Regards,

George

It’s DBCstm’s giveaway. Not only does Dale make incredible lights, but he gives them away!

Bugsy36: I would like to add another in NW

Thank you. Now that I think about it, I think I did see some mention of this somewhere back in this thread, or maybe it was one of the other GB threads. So much info and so little storage left. :bigsmile:

As I understand it we are getting closer, the giveaway is to butter the popcorn, so to speak. If all goes as planned the light I’m giving away is very representative of the goal for the group buy light. To the best of my knowledge, they are assembling a second round of samples even now to this end. Bugsy can/will clarify that as he gets news from Neal/Banggood.

So, what time tomorrow should I do the drawing? High Noon? Shootout at the DB C orral? lol

High Noon. Be waiting for ya.

1x cw
1x nw

thankyou

High noon seems fitting. I mean, it’s Texas.

I would like 2 in NW please. Thank you.

In the last similar group buy, the end result was almost identical to the production samples. Toward the end it seems they started leaving out one of the emitter shelf screws and sometimes not tightening the switch quite far enough, and Cree globally changed the XM-L2 performance a bit during the group buy, but IIRC they were otherwise the same.

So I expect there might be minor differences but the production samples should be very close to what people will be able to buy.

One expected difference is that we’ll be sending them updated firmware after getting the samples, in order to make sure everything is calibrated as well as possible. So in that sense, the purchase-able lights should be slightly better than the samples.

Any updates regarding their availability?

It would be nice to have an option to get the flashing hardware with the light. That way we can try out all of TK's wonderful code or roll our own.

@TK - only 2 bytes left ... rookie haven't you heard of self modifying code? (just joking)

There has been a lot of talk about a group buy for flashing hardware. I’m really hoping it will happen, and that people will be willing to share what they make. :slight_smile:

If I make any tweaks it will have a revision log and be shared freely. I would hope others would do the same!

We’ve even got facilities to help with this! Rev log, branches, merges, etc. Here’s what part of the code repository’s history looks like:

I'm in for 1 NW.