Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Thatā€™s awesome. $25 clip on a $25 light. :slight_smile:

:bigsmile: I ordered on the 16th of August and got it in the mail today!

It's a 3D and in perfect order. No blemishes, or imperfections and even the tube is centred properly.

Only had a TrustFire at 3.88V on hand to try out and it would not do more then 2.55A, which makes for a pleasant hand warmer ;)

Waiting for the Samsung 30Q I ordered the 19th, to do the light justice 8)

I whole heartedly agree; the UI is the best! :love:

I wish to thank all who were involved in making this GB a success. :party:

Charged to 4.00V it was able to draw 2.71A ... More patience to be practised 0:)

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, but Banggood has Samsung 30Q batteries on sale for $5.20 USD. Not a bad price if you donā€™t mind waiting for them to arrive via slow boat.

Iā€™m really pleased with my light!

BUT Iā€™m struggling with getting my light into the custom mode, I know you need to click the tail cap 15 times but it doesnā€™t seem to work. I either press too hard and the light switches on or Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve pressed it hard enough at all.

Any suggestions?

Maybe Iā€™m just thick.

Clearly Iā€™m thick.

I just realised that you have to do it with the light switched on, not offā€¦ā€¦

Nothing wrong with asking a few questions. :wink: I have a page that you may enjoy.

I just borrowed some UltraFires from a friend and light works!
I had to use all my strength to tighten the tailcap, but everything works great.
UI is amazing, after a couple of minutes of use I was able to switch to B mode group.
Until now, my EDC and brightness benchmark was Tank007 E09, but this thing
in mode 2 on UltraFire cell completely covers its hotspot. Canā€™t wait for tommorow night
to show off! And hopefuly 25rā€™s from GB arenā€™t too far away now.

BTW, I scared my whole family with the strobe, itā€™s really bright and most importantly annoying! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Any tips on how to unscrew retaining rings, Iā€™m completely out of ideas, and Iā€™m desperate
to get into driver firmware modding (I want to remove turbo as mode 4/7, only leave hidden)?

Iā€™ve used automotive snap ring pliers and also my mini wire cutters. My post above yours had a link with pics.

I have already been through your thread (full of useful stuff btw!), but I donā€™t have any pliers even close in size to yours.
Iā€™ve tried inserting screwdrivers and allen wrenches in ring holes, but I canā€™t even begin to move ring like that.

This shows a bit about how to get started on modding.

Also, the firmware links in my signature should help with changing how the driver behaves, and includes links to several tutorials and relevant hardware.

If you thought it was bright with UltraFire batteries, wait until you see those 25Rs. :slight_smile:

For retaining rings, I use some old machinist calipers:

I suppose you could grind down some needle nose pliers. Maybe ruin one of your metal dinner forks if youā€™re desperate!

This works pretty well. A cheap (but solid) 5ā€ long nose pliers, after a few minutes on a belt sander:

I drove 2 nails through some wood and bend them to fit the retaining ring holes.

Worked well :slight_smile:

Try tweezers (or even pointed scissors) AFTER you have warmed up the flashlight by running it for about 30-40 sec on Turbo or High (Al expands more than the Brass retainer ring).

Or you can warm it up with a hair dryer.

Do I recall that Banggood has a 72 hour or something price drop guarantee? I ordered a couple 30Qā€™s on the 17th, and now the price has gone downā€¦

That looks NICE ~ too bad I donā€™t have belt sander :frowning:
This tool you make here should be more rigid and firm than using caliper :open_mouth:

But tweezers work just as well.

Has anyone ordered batteries from Banggood recently? Do they package them adequately?

Is the 30Q a good choice for the A6 even if you donā€™t do the spring bypass?

Yes, Yes, & Yes.

But they are not Protected.

Those are ordinary Snap Ring/Circlip Pliers.

Also ?the thickness/diameter (& quality) of the tips, as many cheap ones have tips of different sizes in the same pliers (ie both tips have different diameter),

and they snap off/break too easily.