Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

you probably got a 3D instead of 1A. email banggood and tell them you want a 1A head that works or a complete refund. and NO, you are not going to fix it yourself, so don’t send you parts.

Robby

Thank you, I have emailed them several times but I will message them again.

Be patient, because it will take a while. I believe they will help you though, if you are persistent.

You should be emailing: heyanqing1@banggood.com

Yes that is the email I sent to.

He handled a repair for me. I recommend giving him 24 hours (at least) between messages. Let us know how things turn out.

As I suggested elsewhere, you should check to make sure the switch retaining ring is tight. By testing without the switch in the circuit, you have isolated the problem. If you are lucky, a simple tightening will fix it.

Early on, there were several lights where the body tube was too short to complete the circuit with the tail cap. I am not sure whether that was a problem with the body or tail cap. One or the other had to be replaced.

I think you already tried cleaning all threads and contacts with alcohol. After cleaning, you will need to re-lube the threads. You can also use DeoxIT on the contacts.

There is a troubleshooting thread for the BLF A6. You may want to discuss this more there.

Good luck.

Seems like the Professional guy didn’t even read my email, just asks me to look at the link and try what is listed after I told him I already did.

I thought the price was going to be $25. Its showing $29.95 for me after putting in the code. Something im doing wrong?

I believe they changed it. The code was showing expired the other day when I was going to order. Now the same code gives $10 off instead of $14.95 off.

It would be nice if it could stay at $25, but we knew that would not last forever. Banggood has honored its commitments to those who signed up for the group buy, and whole lot more.

Anyone know how many of these have been sold so far?

Huh, I was hoping for an announcement that they had a production run with the known problems all resolved, so I could buy several more and know they’d been improved.

Not happening?

Why doesn’t he read?! The problems and solutions are well known. Why play possum?! Do they think they can weasel out of the problems?!

Play the game.

Remain calm and polite. Be firm. Describe objectively and completely the symptoms of your problem. If you are offered a partial refund, or points towards the purchase of other products (as I was), politely decline. Without emotion, explain the solution that would be acceptable to you. Use short, clear sentences, so that nothing is lost in translation.

If you paid using PayPal, you have the upper hand. You can always file a dispute later. Do not mention PayPal, however, or threaten to file a claim, until everything else has failed. When you escalate to the fighting level, you will lose all cooperation.

I mentioned above that some with your symptoms had to replace the body tube. Others needed to tighten the switch retaining ring. Discuss these possibilities with Banggood. It would be a shame for it to send you a new tail cap and switch, only to discover that all you needed was a new body tube.

Read the troubleshooting thread to learn more about the issue. This discussion belongs there.

All good advice. Still, the frustration is understandable. When someone purchases something new, it is expected to work.

A couple of weeks back it was over 2K from what Neal told me… No specific numbers, but over 2K is impressive…

Might as well buy a S2 host, driver, and led from Mountain Electronics which works out to around $30. Shipping will put it a few dollars over $29.95 but you will end up with a better light.

For another $5.50 you can even have them build one. For someone wanting a ready-to-go light that’s the option I would go with. Faster shipping, better host, and better QC.

+1 Definitely a better choice now that the China price went up.

Lights from RMM, I expect to work well, and I trust him for excellent support.

Lights from the lottery, nope. And I expect them to get worse, not better, as time goes by.

+1....me too. Guess it's all about a money grab and to heck with BLF pre-requisites. Hope I'm wrong...someone tell me so.

Is there a centering ring that can be used with a xml reflector and a xpl emitter?

Might be time to change the Subject line of the original post, “Code no longer available”

I suppose we’ll hear if they degrade the quality and maybe then demand they take the “BLF” name off the light.
Otherwise that’ll ruin the value of the originals for the collectors who got the best of the run, however good that has been.

Waitaminnit, am I starting to think like a collector?

I’m still hoping we hear a line got drawn at some point and a run of more recent lights will be available — even at the higher price — improved by resolving the things that came up.

I’m dreaming.