Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

That was the FET+1 driver, so the moon mode and everything up to ~130 lumens should be both stable and efficient.

Sorry, that’s all Greek to me. I don’t know circuit design and I wasn’t the one who built the driver. I just tell the hardware what to do.

Nice, and are you using your interesting short,medium,long click firmware for this?

:slight_smile: the PSMN3R0-30YLD is the regular tested and tried FET in this size, the PSMN0R9-30YLD could possible have a little bit more top end performance but cost almost 3 times as much, at least in small numbers where i can buy them anyway.

And Dales massive 6,89A number was with the PSMN0R9 and i would guess (and maybe bugsy36 can confirm) that for the build request that goes to EE will be the cheaper option.

@Dale thanks, now i have saved the pic so i don’t need the link from the OP.

how much more will copper DTP cost if we start earlier than 500 ( 350 maybe :wink: )

i´d love to pay 1 buck more than waiting some more weeks…

Right now that would premature. The reason is that the Chinese have their holiday coming and we will not be receiving any production samples (complete with EE manufactured driver) until after that. Therefore we can say that we have at least another two, maybe three, weeks. I think we will more than hit the number by then. We are averaging 10, sometimes more, per day.

Until receive the production samples we can't do anything BUT this gives the "team" time for testing and revision so we can make sure we nail it down.

you have a point…

We are doing everything possible to prevent any mistakes or oversights. By now you all know who is who on the team...

Wight - Design

ToyKeeper - Coding

Dale - Mad scientist

Kronos - Guide

Bugsy36 - Water boy :)

Of course all testing and giving valued input and opinions. (Just FYI - To date the group has over 200 messages working out the details so even though it may seem quiet out here....the first 4 are working their as**s of :) )

As long as EE comes through, and I think they will, this BLF light will make a statement to all manufacturers and vendors. (BTW - We all need to support Kronos' BLF LS D80-SE because as long as LuckySun sees the interest they will aim to please)

No mad science going on here…

Are we supposed to take the primer out first?

Yes. I got the short/med/long-press bits calibrated today, actually. And I finally got the hidden modes hidden. Currently it’s 7 regular modes (moon through turbo) and 3 hidden modes (an extra turbo for quick access, tactical strobe, and battery check/beacon). And a mode memory toggle on a solderable star, to keep both sides of the memory debate happy.

(EDIT: The firmware supports a solderable star, but no star actually exists yet… again, it depends on how the hardware details settle. It’s fun writing code for hardware which doesn’t exist yet!)

However, everything (both hardware and firmware) is still in a prototype phase and the final decisions aren’t mine to make. For now I’m just trying to get all the desired features to fit into 1024 bytes. So, can’t make any promises yet, especially when production samples haven’t even been made.

Can we have a star to reverse the mode order too? Don’t shoot! Just throwing it out there.

I understand, still it sounds great i look forward to testing it out.

A solderable star nice :slight_smile: is it on the underside so one could close it by not even remove the driver? does this mean that there are going to be a new revision on the 1x7135 FET driver? i haven’t placed my order to ospark yet so i guess i have to ask wight before i do.

If things go well and we get the FET+1 driver, there is only room for one solderable star. All the other MCU pins are already used for other things.

If the FET+1 driver doesn’t get approved, it’s possible there might be two solderable stars… but no moon mode. And that would require wight to redesign the driver again to add the stars.

I’ll do as much as I can in either case, but I’m hoping the FET+1 will happen.

If i understand how TK’s firmware work you can control the order freely by the short/medium/long clicks, so there would be no need, and i suspect the IO pins on the ATTINY13A-SSU is in short supply when it is controlling both the MOSFET & the AMC7135.

Sorry No. 337 Rolz request, please make that NW

No problem :)

Need a NW

1x NW for me please

Just a thought, if EE don’t want to use the FET+1 driver i still hope you can get the FET+1 version driver but without the AMC7135 chip installed, then we (who are able) could upgrade it to the +1 driver by soldering on the AMC7135 chip on to the empty pads.

The FET+1 driver without the AMC7135 should work just as good as the
A17DD-S08 at least electrically, i don’t know if the firmware & modes would be negatively effected.

That is good thinking :) but not really a concern yet at this point and because I do not write computer code I am not even sure it is possible without reflashing the driver. I think that generally everyone on the team is pulling for the +1 driver for many reasons including versatility to the many that do like moonlight. At the moment, ToyKeeper and Wight and Dale are working on the software and stability----man oh man!, amazing to see them brainstorm - wow!

As far as EE goes, like I have said before, I do not think we will have any problems or issues because we have proven the numbers.

Wight and ToyKeeper are the brainstormers, I’m just the one that recklessly plunges forward and posts the results.

Brainstorming doesn’t work too well over here, all the great ideas go out the other ear. :stuck_out_tongue:

GB order took forever last time but…

Count me in for 1 NW. Thanks.