Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Whoa!!

Do not say smashing in front of Dale.

added to the list :)

Concrete pads? Steel block? 17” length of railroad track? Would it suffice to just run over it with a 2012 Ford Escape? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a large part of why I prefer no mode memory. No memory means that the interface is always consistent — the same action will always produce the same result. But with memory? Who knows what it’ll do next time it turns on!

For me, the effective difference is that I don’t have to manually reset it to moon mode every time I turn it off. No-mem saves me a few steps each time I use the light.

I don’t mind memory so much on an e-switch light though, because I normally program those to make moon, maximum, and memory all instantly available from “off”. Short-press for mem, long-press for moon, double-press for turbo. Once it’s on, hold down the button to ramp up or down. But that’s not an option for this light because it has a clicky switch.

I don’t suppose the railroad track track comes with a 3,000 ton freight train? :bigsmile:

How about the type of last mode only memory Doc Jones puts on some drivers? If your last used mode was med then you get med> moon> low> med> high. Want moon? Double click, you know moon is always second.

That’s a definite improvement. I think he calls it short-cycle memory, using an on-time-based algorithm. There’s also another definition of short-cycle floating around though, which should perhaps be called short-cycle no-memory. But I still prefer no-mem since I’ll never get a high mode when I wanted moon.

Ever since alexvh found the memory decay trick ( alexvh's firmware. Update: Hidden strobe, Ramping and optional mode memory added. ), I haven’t used on-time memory algorithms any more. The trick allows it to use off-time instead, with the caveat that it can’t distinguish between medium and long presses (so no reversing). And as a bonus, it can reduce the ROM size by as much as ~260 bytes compared to on-time.

I missed that memory decay trick thread. Nice.

I like the Olight S20 UI. It has mode memory, but both Moon and Max are available from off at all times. Well, actually, since I lock it out while not in use, it takes a little more time to get to Max because unlocking puts it into Moon mode. Still convenient in that I never have to see the other modes - ever - if I don’t want to. If we can get easy access to both Moon and Turbo from off with this A6 firmware, I don’t need mode memory.

I like how y’all are all trying to figure out something that’s already been figured out. :wink:

This WORKS! It’s great! No improvements/changes necessary. TK has been so kind as to do all that already, slaving hours on this and working it out on the test bench. :bigsmile:

Keep in mind that this driver has to be made by Eagle Eye in China. This is not something we can all throw our 2 cents in the bucket for a custom designer to make for us individually one at a time. That can be done, but you’ll pay $100 or more for the privilege. All the ideas are awesome, as always, but keeping it real there’s a need for focus to get this thing done. :wink:

I don’t know if this was meant to include me, but it made me realize that I might need to clarify my last comment. I’ve been following this thread all along and I’m perfectly happy with the specs and TK’s firmware as it stands. Dale’s right, it’s been figured out. That’s what I was trying to say in my last post, but may not have been clear enough. Thanks, Dale, for all of your rigorous testing, ToyKeeper for the firmware, bugsy36 for organizing this GB, and krono for any/all behind-the-scenes help that we don’t see. And thanks to everyone else that has been instrumental in this, that I may have missed mentioning by name.

Absolutely correct Dale - well said :) - TK put upteen amounts of time into making all that fit AND it works :) I said it before, TK's and Wight's efforts have given this thing another dimension never seen before.

The beauty of this light....well as stated early on..it can be flashed, and flashed, and flashed. It will come with TK's firmware and of someone wants to change or try something different they can and if they do not like it they can reflash TK's original firmware :)

David - Truth is Kronos has much better and stronger relationship with the manufacturers than I do. I pitched an idea to Kronos but he was too busy to do it with his irons going but he offered support help and actually opened the door. I am actually the front man riding on Kronos' shirt tails here. Behind the scenes, when I listen to Dale, TK, and Wight...it isn't even Greek (I understand that)...more like a language from Mars and I am just spectating :)

I’m in the unique position to have the A6 with ToyKeepers firmware in hand. Big smile on my face. Y’all just don’t KNOW! lol

One cw & one nw.

… It’s an addiction. I now officially have more lights than I do batteries…

A good flashlight collection is a collaboration with a good battery collection. :wink:

You now need to work on the latter……

Wow, sounds like great progress on the firmware. The UI changes sound exciting.

Put me down for another unit. Please add a NW to my CW at slot #250.

Thanks!

FWIW, see Baton.c under Ferrero_Rocher in my firmware repo. It implements the Olight Baton interface for e-switch lights. The EE A6 has the wrong type of switch for that though.

The differences that I’m aware of are that Baton.c doesn’t implement strobe or beacon mode, and when it unlocks it unlocks back to the last-used mode. Also, it supports realtime battery status LEDs on lights which have those.

noooooo that’s blasphemy…. They are one of the finest chocolates here were I live. . I did not know they were known outside Italy… O_o :heart_eyes:

ToyKeeper where did you start learning your flashlight drivers’ skills?

@bugsy did you lately got in touch with manufacturer just to make them know our numbers, as you said you would?

I sent them the needed information to produce samples with drivers etc. They are aware of where we stand at this point but they already told me not to expect anything until after the holiday

Hmm, interesting. I can often find them in big grocery stores here.

It’s also the name of a tasty little driver with a FET, red/green status LEDs, and an onboard e-switch. It fits nicely into the Roche F6, which explains the name.

Er, it’s just C code with some assembly-like conveniences added for direct access to registers. I’ve been writing code since I was little, maybe 3 or 4 years old, so I learned about variables and syntax errors before I ever heard of Dick & Jane or an Etch-A-Sketch. I used to write code for the PC demoscene for fun, but the scene moved from DOS to Windows and got too big and serious, and I moved to Linux. So, flashlights are my latest coding hobby, a fun but non-serious thing to do in spare time. I’d estimate that a programmer writing flashlight firmware is similar to a professional book author writing sonnets in iambic pentameter.

doing crossword puzzles to kill time.