Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Or you could stop dressing like a ninja and wear something reflective so people can see you better at night.

I appreciate all the work that has gone into this, and I will be happy with either decision. That said, won’t EE ano be far superior to Manker?

Everyone likes ninjas!!

Thanks bugsy ! Did I say thanks bugsy ?! And Dale… And madame TK… And wight… Thank you all guys! This was almost the first topic I replied when I first entered in this community

I also share this concern, the ano on the BLF X6 was perfect, if Manker can’t do the same it’ll be a huge let down

I’m concerned too, but it could be caused by almost anything. Dale thought perhaps his switch was misfiring and that it wasn’t a driver issue at all. I think it could be due to using a previous firmware build calibrated for an older version of the driver, or perhaps getting flashed with the wrong fuse.

All I know so far is that the latest Manker sample I tried performs extremely well. The soldering on it was a bit sloppy, but that shouldn’t be an issue on production units.

Please make one of mine a naked triple with high cri high intensity nichia 219C emitters . :)

Can we get some naked pics ?

This is a family friendly forum! :zipper_mouth_face:

I have hosts from both EE and Manker, and I can’t tell the difference. I have to keep sticky labels on them so I won’t forget which is which.

I haven’t tossed them out of a car though.

:evil:

Please put me down for one NW.

I’m willing to pay more for a good (not greenish) tint/BIN and the best possible anodization.

BTW: Is there a risk that the driver will produce an annoying high pitched sound?

Thanks for all the work going into this great project!

Has anyone ever baked a light? Most budget lights have inferior Type I or Type II anodizing that will change colors when you bake them. Type III resists this color change and will only go a subdued color if baked very hot for a much longer time.

I have built an X6 with a copper heat sink glued into the head. I have needed/wanted to re-do this light a couple of times now, and I re-flowed triple emitters while IN the light, placing the entire head on the hot plate. This has been done 3 times, with no change to the anodize color at all. Really tough stuff they use for the EE X6. I do not know if it’s the same for the A6.

It has been said and argued about before now…. Eagle Eye does not make the body and does not do the anodizing. The host comes from Adega, so the light should be the same in fit and finish whether it’s finalized by Eagle Eye or Manker or Alfred Hitchcock Design Studio. :wink:

If the UI is too complex, the flashlight becomes useless…

1. As TK says....anything could cause Dale's driver issue. If she places the driver in one of her hosts and it works then we know it was a mechanical issue. If she reflashes and it works then it was a flashing issue. Etc etc.
  2. HA III is a specific ano. Many claim it but do not have it. Manker is not one of those companies.
  3. As Dale has said...like most manufacturers, EE does NOT make the host
  4. I will try and post pics of the clip later tonight.
  5. TK's UI is FAR FROM complicated. It has added features that one can access IF they desire. The features I use are (but this is me)
    1. Reversing from Low to High
    2. 7 mode and 4 mode capability.
    3. I don't use the blinkies or the batt check but that does not mean that they should not be there for others

I agree it shouldn’t but that doesn’t mean the same as will not be.

Why?

Erm, because Production Guy is going to do better soldering than Special Sample For Prospective Buyer guy?

That’s kind of the reverse of my usual expectation about specially prepared samples.

I’m cynical, I know.

I do believe the soldering issues would be better by production guy, he does it for a living… The other guy HAS to do it as PART of his job. Anything part time takes longer to do well, but what do I know, I work for a living…

There is a major difference between hand solder and pick n place production

Not unless you can hear very quiet 19 kHz tones.

Some children can hear that, and dogs often can, but it’s very unusual for an adult human to be able to hear a low-volume frequency that high.

The reviewer known as Selfbuilt measured a similar light on his sound card oscilliscope, and he was unable to successfully measure the pulses. It’s fast enough that even his computer couldn’t really hear it. He then falsely concluded that the light didn’t use PWM. And the BLF A6 uses a more advanced circuit with even better performance.

So, I don’t think you need to worry about visible or audible pulse noise. :slight_smile:

Huh. So this is how the groundhog feels on Groundhog Day. Interesting.

Pics of host and clip

Look carefully and you will see where clip attaches. Std A6 does not have this relief. The above pics with the anodizing DO NOT have the relief cut

Before anybody asks...we cannot use the SolarForce style clip. Also, EE's clip would be just like the X6 with an X6 tube and no "naked" availability

Bugsy,

Will the light come with the clip attached? - I never use a clip but have a couple of badly scratched lights from having removed them.

Thanks,
-Chuck