Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Well... I got mine from the one AliExpress store - seem to be the real deal, here: https://www.aliexpress.com-XP-L-W6-1A-1B. Put one in a non-working Manker U21 light junkie sent me to fix up and it came out really really nice, so I think they are the real thing. Haven't gotten to doin another mod with one, but ordered a few more.

The more reliable source is Cutter of course, but you know the deal - shipping&handling, ugh.

Something to add:
If lightened ( the side switch) jackals and wild cats see it from 300 meters( especialy the ones that knows) , speaking of exp ofc
its a great stealth loss, yet i am sure TOm will make a special firmware about that Smile

Most of the ppl here do prefer the single battery ones, duals are too big and too heavy

I bought from that place also, a wanna be W2 0D but it came V5 1A, i also ordered S4 1As and they came out barely 130lm/w…

Cutter is a nice place, also Arrow EU has those, i think Digikey too

Looks like you bought V6 0D's, not W2 0D's - they don't sell W2 0D's and there's 1 order for qty 5 of V6 0D's, from Bulgaria.

I bought W2 1A's - you can see my two purchases. They are either 1A or 1B, and you note which tint you want in the order.

Tom i bought W2 0D, the seller changed the topic description after i showed him the data from my measurements…i was thinking to sice a dispute but for 30$ its not worth it…

P.S
I actualy give negative feedback quite rare… emitters were not that bad, i use them on a regular base,

I suppose I’m at the root of most of this confusion.

I’ll try to clarify a bit:

The the closest you will get to an L2 with momentary and side switch is the L6. Which is quite similar aside from those two things and the slightly larger head.

The smooth reflector for the L6 was a small batch. Final production was uncertain and it has never been available for sale. I arranged for them to be sent to a handful of BLF modders for testing. They will be available for sale soon though may be limited quantity for a while.

I will post the announcement in the OP of the L6 thread when they are available. I’m awaiting confirmation of the details from Simon.

Ahh, I didn't do any formal tests, but the results I got were slightly better, by 70 lumens or 4.2% better than a dedomed XPL V6 0D in my U21 compared to LJ's U21 where the measured amps was slightly less in the V6 0D light - same driver, same mod otherwise. So the difference I measured could be simple variation from piece to piece, or mod to mod of the U21's. I think the W2 1A's I received are at least equal to V6 though, but from what you experiences are with them, I doubt they are true W2's now. I know they had other very suspect listings, like XPL HI V6's...

I see you didn't participate in the XPL W2 thread "Improved XPL LEDs", here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/40087, so we didn't know about your earlier experiences.

Great!!!

Do you also have any plans to make a smaller host/flashlight for 26350 batteries? e.g. an M1 like host, to pair it with an XHP50

Sorry I answer but I highly doubt they do, sounds like a niché project and they're busy working on other things at the moment, like the holsters, new s2+ anodisation etc.

Don't be sorry at all, your opinion is welcome.

Also I realized I didn't explain my thoughts correctly.

What I mean is a 26650 host , long enough to fit two 26350, but with a head not as big as L2/6.

I think 26650 flashlights are not so reduced niche, but I know they are busy and there must be enough people interested

Maybe a BD06 will be okay but it has internal charger driver and side button and you can not buy as a host.

... and smooth reflector, not ideal for XHP50

This info was just added to the OP:

Seeing how big the L2 and L6 threads have gotten I decided it was time to create a dedicated modding thread for both lights. Since they are brothers and share some parts a combined thread seemed fitting.

If you have experience to share please check it out.

If you’re looking for L2 or L6 build/modding info, this should be a valuable resource. :+1:

The L2/L6 modding thread is Here

resurrecting. Newb here. Just received the L2 in the mail but my 26650 5200 mAh Keeppower protected are en route still. I do have some protected Soshine 5500mAh already. Link

Are they up to running the L2 in all modes or only Lo and Med? Or should I just wait until the keeppowers come in.

Thanks for the help.

If they fit they should work just fine.

The Soshines work in my son’s L2 on all modes perfectly. Enjoy!

Thanks, I’ll charge and try the soshines out.

Is there any info about the L1 smallest L series light?

+1 ^

I want the tiny L1, badly! Or the even smaller 0.5 (10440) :smiley:

Edit: I might have to go out to the shop and make myself a “Convoy 0.5”. LOL

Edit II: I would really really love to see a scaled down L2/L6 that takes an 14500 and/or 10440. So the family resemblance is unmistakable but the size is pocketable.

A 14500 light with X6 / C8 size reflector .

Want!

One 14500 Clear Anodized L6 baby brother coming right up….