Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

No doubt he is a busy man. Even without a modification side, his store is the best American based business to buy nearly anything flashlight related. It is where I get all of my Convoy brand purchases. Maybe Richard should look into hiring some trusted employees that could handle some basic mod work for his business. If there is as much traffic as his response leads me to believe, it seems like it would be profitable.

Somehow it seems I never mentioned it, but I changed the resistor on Richards Buck driver in this L2 such that it went up from 2.42A to 2.6A and up from 2352 lumens to 2518. Lux too is up, from 258Kcd to 285.75Kcd (274.5Kcd at 30 sec)

Happy now! :smiley:

Do you J-Dub74 or anyone else know the diameter of the new Convoy L2 lens?
I’d appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks

Someone else may chime in with the exact diameter before I do. I think it’s around 62mm but don’t quote me on that. I’ll try to remember to check in later and I can measure the glass tonight if someone hasn’t posted it already. Least I can do for a neighbor. :wink:

New lens? Does the L2 have a new size head or something?

No recent changes. I’m guessing he’s aware of the original Convoy L2 which was a different light so he’s referring to the current version as the new one.

My 2 examples measure, L2 22mm driver 58.05mm L2 17mm driver 58.09mm so 58mm should be close enough! :wink:

Does anyone know of a orange peel reflector that will fit the L2?
With the hefty weight, I think a xhp50.2 or even a 70.2 would do great in this light.
Especially in shorter mode and use 2x 26350.

Better off getting the L6 for that. Comes stock with an XHP70 and a great OP reflector. Can swap in an XHP70.2 if you want as well.

This sounds silly to ask, but you’re familiar with the L6, right? A bit heftier yet than the L2 and comes standard with an OP reflector. Comes with a XHP70, but can be switched over to 70.2 easily enough. As far as your actual question though… nope, I’m not aware of one.

Man, I’m too slow TA. Jinx!

I have the l6 and on the list for the Kronos l6 as well.
I also have the s70s. Great lights but I just wanted a smaller light.
One that only uses a single battery or the 2x26350.

I am getting my convoy l2 modded sst40 dedome. This light use single 26650. lumen 1600. Lux 280k… I will update the beamshots.

I simply LOVE the L2! That’s gonna be awesome! :smiley:

The one I have now, I bought it to make with an XHP-35… use 4 of the 26650’s with it. When it came in, I was so enamored at the compact nature of it and it’s awesome style, I almost didn’t do the build. I still need to get another one and keep it small…

I think you mean the Kronos K70 which is based on the S70. It has no connection to the Convoy L6.

Sounds interesting. Is the sst40 3v or are you using a boost driver?

I know the xpl can pruduce 1400 to 1500 at 3v. Is the sst40 going to out throw the xpl?

The XP-L2 can produce 2000 lumens on a single cell, or perhaps more accurately, I’ve seen an XP-L W2 2B make 2018 lumens in a C8.

Yes, the Luminus SST-40 is a 3V emitter with a low Vf…

I knew it was higher, but I wanted to be conservative. I didn’t think 2,000 though! Lol

Has anyone done a comparison of these 2 emitters? Does the sst40 have a smaller die allowing for tighter focus?

IDK anything about the sst40.

I got 2034lumens from xp-L2, 2200 from SST40 and 2000 from dedomed SST40 in C8. The dedomed has 136Kcd. I will try it in an L2 host. I want 300Kcd from that.

Hey kawi what kind of tube setup did you have to run those 4 x26500’s in l2.