Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I’m always interested in beamshots :smiley:

That Jaxman X1 throws very well for its size.

I think the L6 will make a great security light for checking the yard at night. Lots of useful spill. Plenty of throw for perimeter checks. Momentary switch for quick pulses. Can double as a weapon if needed.

If I was going on a hunting trip I’d probably take the Jaxman. If I heard a bump in the night I’d grab the L6.

I see Convoy L6 suddenly no longer available on Aliexpress.
???
Does anybody know about the reason?
Yesterday there where lots of L6 lights available.

50 yds, I have AAA lights that easily look good in that range. And comparing a powerhouse XHP-70 to a thrower is always going to be deceptive, especially at close range. When you can get some better range, more open area, you’ll see where the XHP-70 really throws it’s weight around.

As a searchlight, or an emergency rescue style light, it’s pretty tough to beat the L6.

I like to think of the lights in terms of what I’d use one for. The little tube light, a quick walk or a jaunt out to the storage building to find something at night that’s been put back. The Jax X1 is a spotlight, long distance searching or guidance, like a boat on the water searching out sand barges at night or searching the fields for a lost calf or puppy. The L6 is a fantastic light after a storm when a tree is down across a road, need to do some cuts with a chain-saw and clear the road and need to light up the area pretty good from on top of the truck to do it.

Different styles of light, much different run times and beam profiles, they all have a place and excel in some areas more so than others.

I’m really liking the large hotspot that multi emitter and XHP lights give. You get tons of light put on an area to quickly find what you’re looking for at 50 yards and closer, but you also have enough throw to reach out to longer range as well.

I have a feeling I’d love a Convoy L6, and I don’t have an XHP70 yet so I clearly need one. :smiley:

Quickly find what you’re looking for at 100 yds and then some…

Borrowed from stephenk’s reveiw (great job stephenk)Review: Convoy L6 (XHP70, 2x26650)

I think the tree’s in that forest are all starting to grow towards the Cree…

It’s getting close! Can’t wait!

Mine is due in on Monday! :smiley:

Just got my tracking number from simon today! :smiley: For those of you who have received your lights directly from Simon, how long did it take for you to receive your light?

Edit: From the time Simon sends you the tracking number, to the estimated delivery date in the States.

Hello,

I need some help. My question is a little off topic but belongs to the BLF. I want to by a Convoy S2+ with a XPL-HI emitter. So far so good. I asked Simon about that. Now Simon asks me a question that I do not understand. I know some of you do!

So here is the question:

so how many 7135IC in this S2+ with XPL HI flashlight? ”

Can you bring a little bit light into my understandings??

Did Aliexpress discontinue selling this light? Can’t seem to find it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Convoy-L6-flashlight-XHP70-led-inside/32659785735.html

But this item is no longer available. Good question for J-Dub….

The amount of 7135’s determine the output of the light.
If you want good output you should go with (atleast) 8x7135’s.

7135 is a power supply essentially. The more there are the more power to the LED.

Sounds like he is asking you how many 7135s you want added to the driver. They are the IC chips that regulate current. The more chips, the more current. More current equals more output, but also more heat. A S2+ will heat up pretty quick with a high-amp driver. Personally, I’d probably go with 8x7135, but I am not concerned about heat build-up, and usually don’t run lights for extended periods of time. Your preference/needs may be different!

Also, you might want to be specific with the emitter choice. Simon may have several bins/tints of XP-L HI emitters available. :beer:

I don’t know what’s going on with that but I’ve both messaged and emailed Simon. Hopefully just an Aliexpress system glitch that will be resolved soon. As soon as I know what’s going on I’ll let you all know.

I tried adding it to the cart but it wouldn’t let me, even though it says 94 pieces left. I just went ahead and ordered it from Gearbest. Hopefully those are legit. Same quality.

Not the L6, but a 2x block L2 tube. Ordered 5-22, tracking showed ‘accepted’ 5-27, arrived today.

They make 2 different current value 7135’s .350 and .380 Simon uses the .380 x 8= 3.04 amps. You can always add more to increase current (amps), or remove to decrease, also heat increase’s too, fun stuff!!!