Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

No apologies necessary Bluzie!

Those are great beam shots, not to mention great pictures all around and a great review! Very nicely done. :+1:

If you don’t mind would you please post that GIF here that cycles between the 5000K and 6000K? That is really nice. :star:

120 meters to the trees.

These beamshots from Bluzie are worth many thousands of words!

Thank you, Bluzie!

+1

+2

A bit of light painting fun with the L6. The L6 was on high (not turbo), on a tripod, and used for backlighting the model (which was me).

Thats one very creative picture Steve. :beer:

Aaaahhhh!
It’s the thing! :smiley:

Very nice!
K.

Awesome! Stephenk does some really cool stuff with his light painting work. Love the Thing comparison. :+1:

I noticed a black hole in the beam on 8m distance… Maybe my reflector is not positioned well :frowning:

More light painting, this time projecting shadows with the Convoy L6.
Again, this was on high (turbo would have been too bright for this scene).
I ran the L6 on high (estimated 1300 lumens) continuously for a whole hour, and the head was barely warm - impressive!

Nice………. :+1:

Awesome!!

Very cool

Really nice picts!
I haven’t light painted for a while… where is my tripod now? :smiling_imp:

Couldn´t resist any more, find a R100 resistor.
Led N4 5000k

Before mod with 2x Vappower 26650 4200mAh high drain.
4,17v 4,9A 65664 candela
Ceiling bounce 241 candela
Did a 20min temp test yesterday, 61°C, battery 48°C.

After mod with 1x R100 resistor.
4,18v 6,99A 89728 candela.
Ceiling bounce 305 candela.
Temp after 8min 60°C.

Don´t know how to calculate lumens.
Hope it´s in the right tread this time :slight_smile:

Resistance is futile! Don’t bother. :sunglasses:

This is BLF…where all mad scientists and tinkerers are welcome. :slight_smile:

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing. :beer:

I think I will solder some also, when we get nights back in here :sunglasses:

Kusie, the XHP-35 is also a quad die emitter, but wired in 4S instead of 2S2P and the dies are much closer together. This is why it’s a 12V emitter and also why it’s a better thrower than an XHP-50/70. It’s essentially an XHP-50 that’s been tweaked by pushing the dies closer together and wiring it differently. :wink:

Still though, a single de-domed XM-L2 will throw further, and a single XP-G2 will throw even further than that, due to the smaller surface area of each one by perspective.

The large XHP-70 is not really great at throwing, despite it’s output levels.

My L6 is here, ready at hand, and my S70 is in Mississippi, left with in-laws. :wink: That should say what I think about the comparison.

I finally put a 26mm fet in my L6 with moppydrv firmware. It runs pretty nice…quite a bit brighter than before. I ended up cutting an XP-32 in half and cutting/grinding it to form two quarter moon shaped pieces of copper and created a shelf for the driver to sit on…worked out pretty well.