Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

It probably is old tape. Thinking about it brought me back to my skateboarding days and the one really nice board I built. Vision Ken Park deck with neon yellow powder-coated trucks and orange wheels. I used the clear sheets of tape so that some of that beautiful turquoise stained woodgrain would show through. I spent a good hour cutting it perfectly into the shape I wanted before putting it on the board. :student: Ahh the good old days. I was more of a BMX/Freestyle guy really with a bit of thrashing thrown in for good measure. Gleaming the Cube was cool but my bother and I wore out the VHS tape of the movie RAD. :smiley:

I use adhesive backed neoprene tape stuck to the clamps.
It is available in various widths & thicknesses so can be purchased the correct width to fit the clamp :+1:
It dosen”t mark the light, sticks well to the clamps & grips the lights well.

I purchased an adjustable tripod clamp from Banggood recently which works well with the L6. Will post the link later when not at work.

Neoprene is exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you. :+1:

Awesome! Please do. I look forward to seeing this. :slight_smile:

Many thanks to Simon, J-Dub and team for the work on the L6

Mine arrived today and I posted a pic in the thread WhatYouGotToday

Oh, and if you think I am really going to use those 68000mAh batteries, then nope, that was just for a lark. I don’t know where they came from and I found them in my battery box. They will be in the trash very soon.
I did run a test on them this week to check their capacity. Both came out at about 2100 mAh so I am guessing they are just some wrapped 18650 cheapies.
I might try peeling them open to just see what is inside. And I do know to be careful doing that!

I’m guessing I probably shouldn’t ask when the DT S2+ will be available and if DT will be available on the L6 then :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I see a few people mentioning the only real downside to the L6 is the lack of lighted switch, particularly for glove wearers. How wide are the voids in the fins above the switch? I was thinking tritium vials might fit. Not the cheapest or brightest way to illuminate the switch but so easy that anyone can do it.

I can’t go out to the shop to get my calipers, but by using a scale it’s extremely close to 3/32”. (converted to decimal: .0938”)

3/32 = ~2.3mm. There should be plenty of room for tritium vials.

And Mixglo has 2x12mm vials in green. That should work fine. Now I need to figure out a UV light source to cure the glue. Sunlight? Could it be that easy?

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a UV Convoy S2+ :wink:

Thanx! More convenient than sunlight as well. And I can check the table and whatnot when we dine out or when I get lodging, the room. I’ve always wondered about room cleanliness and I’m actually a germophobe/bodyfluidaphobe. I just never had a way to test it before. Just effing yuck! Maybe getting it wasn’t such a good idea after all. :slight_smile: But a lit button indicator would make this light perfect and I like perfect.

I read that the Transparent Norland NOA61 UV adhesive can be a bear to work with because of the viscosity, so intense UV sounds like the way to go. Using a tiny hypodermic to place micro drops and immediately curing them sounds like the way to do it.

I’ll post pix after the mod’. But it will take time for things to arrive.

Haha, I think you’re correct, a germophobe owning a UV light sounds like a recipe for sleepless nights.

It looks like the HD2010 except that this one has 79mm head diameter , which is much larger than our standard HD2010.

The head diameter of Convoy L6 is, 75mm? So the Fandyfire has slightly bigger head. Could be a good mod host modded for throw but yeah it requires a lot of works to make it “right”.

(POST DELETED)
BrianK, No harm was meant by this, my post was not at all meant to be rude or demeaning and I apologize in case maybe you took it that way. I was playfully being silly and impulsively stating my first thought when I saw it, that it seemed like a large block/wall of text in a sea of short posts.

I absolutely wasn’t implying that you wrote too much, there’s nothing wrong with a long post! Just me being being silly, why I put the SILLY face there.

I feel kind of bad I started all this with my short question, I appreciate everyone’s answers but I never imagined it would evolve into such a huge and intense discussion veering your excellent thread so far off topic!

…………

I started to sort of feel the same way, and I’m the one who started this!
…………

Thanks for starting that, and it helped to get this thread back on topic!

And thanks for editing out that “not relevant” (rude-trolling) stuff! :wink:

Hello bibihang.
Here is some comparison:
Convoy L6 has better build quality than FandyFire;
Convoy L6 has better trow, almost twice;
Convoy L6 is 5000K, FandyFire is cool wihte;
FandyFire giving more flood light on close range - about 30 meter. In this case has better performance than L6;
Best regards.

Richard likes the L6… Here is what he had to say…

RMM

Send PM

Convoy shipment has arrived. Restock on almost everything that’s out of stock, and a few new toys…like the L6. cool I had to build one of my own to compare, and really guys this thing is pretty maxed out in stock form! It’s running at 6A to the emitter and with a pair of King Kongs the output from a 27.5mm FET driven light with the same binned emitter is only 500-1000 lumens more—-which is a very small visual difference. I think that if I went through and reduced resistance more and ran hotter cells you could get a little bit more, but seriously it’s pretty good stock. The beam is well blended, but of course that means that throw has been reduced. That’s just part of the tradeoff of using the XHP70.

Ok, here we go.

The tripod clamp was purchased from Banggood and the link is below.

It can hold tubes with a diameter of between 1cm and 4cm (the L6 is approx. 3.5cm diameter). So far it has worked very well.

Beam0. I took no offense, in fact, I chuckled when I read it. I noticed the exact same thing after I posted it.