Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

there is any holster compatible with the L6?

@ the parties disrespecting each other in this thread,

I respect all BLF members and their opinions but please stop. If you have a beef with each other please either get over it or take it elsewhere. There’s an off-topic section if you have things to discuss and there is always PM. I’ve seen several suggestions that it end from the involved parties but not without the added challenge. Telling someone “We should really drop this, but just so you know, I’m right and you are wrong” does not end an argument…ever. Conceding so long as you get the last word in will just keep it rolling.

We all have plenty to say, myself included, but this is not a place for personal quarrels. Here we discuss flashlights and sure we spin out regularly and go off topic but an argument where people are insulting each other has no place here. I absolutely will not allow one of my threads to turn in to a drama scene as others have. I will simply have SB close the thread long before that happens. We’re not there yet but it’s heading down a dark path and I do not want any part of that. With all due respect I ask that we get back to civil discussion.

Thank you all,
J-Dub

Here’s a thread dealing with holsters for the L6 >>>>>>> click here <<<<<<<<<

I measured the cct and tint on different parts of the beam. The central hotspot on the Convoy L6 is actually pretty close to neutral tint (black body radiator), but its cct range and tint shift is more pronounced than with the 90 CRI XHP70. Hotspot was at 6000-6100 K on the L6 and 5100-5200 K on the K60t.

Convoy L6

Acebeam K60t

For comparison: here’s an MT-G2 light (Nitecore EC4SW) which has a more consistent beam tint.

What charger do you guys recommend to charge the keeppower cells? I’d prefer to buy a nice charger that can charge many different types of Lithium Ion cells, as I don’t currently have one. I know Nitecore makes some really nice models, which one do you guys consider the best?

I’ve replaced all of my chargers with two SkyRC MC3000. HKJs review. If you want to buy from the US, it’s $105 at ProgressiveRC and not any cheaper anywhere else. But if that’s too expensive, you should check Liitokala Lii-500, which HKJ reviewed here. It’s available for a bit over $20 at Gearbest. 1 amp charging max with the 26650 cells will take a while though.

Thanks for the quick reply man. The first one is definitely too expensive. The second one listed is more in my price range. Is that charger better than the best ones nitecore makes? Cause I kinda prefer something from a company I’m familiar with.

+1

I would purchase a good quality 2 bay charger that can charge up to two amps at each channel; 26650 batteries at 1 amp is slow.

As far as price goes I purchase chargers as I would flashlights and batteries; I buy what I think is the best quality for my needs.

With a recommended charge rate of .6C, is there a charger out there that will do the high capacity 26650’s and 32650’s anywhere near this?

For example: A 6000mAh 32650 should charge at 3.6A, is there a charger out there that can do 2 or even 4 at this kind of charge rate?

Xtar SV2 will do 2 amps with two bays.

Will this charger accept (4) 26650’s? Seems they could have made a little wider.?

I don’t think so, since the picture has 4 18650s touching each other.

I don’t know about “best”, but I’ve been happy with the XTAR VC2 . Does ~1A each x 2 bays.

I also have a Nitecore i4, but it doesn’t fit protected cells well, so I wouldn’t recommend that.

+1

I have the previous version and in hind sight I wish I bought this as my first charger.

MC3000 does 4 cells at 3 amps.

I’ve been using Xtar chargers exclusively since I really got into flashlights. I would definitely recommend them over Nitecore. The charging methods are better. Both HKJ and Richard from Mountain Electronics have personally recommended Xtar to me and I’ve been very happy. I know there are higher end chargers that may be better when you’re getting into hobby level chargers but you can get a nice Xtar for under $30. Just my two bits.

I don’t know 1/2 of what the previous posters know, but so far my Opus BT-C3100 appears to work nicely. I believe it will fit 4 26650 in the 4 bays, but only the outside 2 will charge at 2 amps but won’t do that when 3 or more bays are in use. I think it cost me under $50. It also does a bit more than just charging, does everything I need it to do and doesn’t require a lot of expertise. There are reviews of it here on BLF. If you look for one I think the latest software for it is V2.2.

I did have problems with one of the electrodes not making contact with one of the KeepPower 5200s. But a magnet quickly fixed that. BTW, it was shrink tubing on the battery that wasn’t fully shrunk (I assume) and holding the contact away from the battery. I might try to bend the electrode, heat the tubing with some heat, or just continue to use a magnet. I haven’t decided yet but I think doing nothing means that I’ll continue to use a magnet :slight_smile: . I think that no matter which charger the battery went into the battery wrapper would have caused the problem.

+1 I’ve tried other brand chargers, and none of them come close to my VP1’s, VP2’s, and my SP1. Although I do like my very inexpensive Liitokala lii –100 for the price, it still it in no way compares to my Xtar’s. The only advantage is it does Eneloop’s which the Xtar’s I own don’t do.

+1

I have the XTAR SP2 now the SV2 and the XTAR VP2 and these were my first bought serious chargers; the VP2 can charge to 4.35 volts.

The MC3000 looks to be the best quality charger for multiple batteries of all sizes; it is one that I will be considering in the future.

As bench tool the Opus BT C100 charger is helpful for quick checks of the battery. It is selling for $11 at gearbest.

My VP2 is my favorite. It nicely and safely handles every cell I have so far from 10440 through 26650. I don’t own any 4.35V cells but it’s nice to know I can charge them if I ever have the need. I love the easy to read display and selectable charge current of 0.25, 0.50 and 1.0A. I suppose it would be nice to charge the big 26650 cells a little quicker but I’m not complaining. I’ll need to pick up at least one more charger before long and you can bet it’s going to be another Xtar. They have a handful that also charge NiMH cells so they would have the same versatility as their competitors “intelligent” chargers but with a better charging algorithm. I don’t know if it’s still going or not but Richard was running a sale on all or almost all Xtar chargers maybe a week ago and had some really good deals if you’re in the US.