Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I know it seems like I’m asking a variation on the same question… but I do get asked about different batteries from time to time. It seems like both protected batteries I was recommended are either out or no longer carried.

Is there a way to list known maximum lengths of cells that do work? Maybe on the OP… or keep a running list of protected cells that work on the first page? I don’t run protected cells in this light. And all the batteries being used get lost in the 1700 posts.

I think basically any un-protected cells will work and honestly I do not see a reason to use protected cells in any light that doesn’t have internal changing (and even if it did, why would you use it over an external charger?).

The chances of getting an unblanced cell problem in a single discharge with even reasonably matched cells is basically nill. As soon as you recharge them any unbalance issues disappear.

I don’t even own any protected cells anymore to be honest, I just plain don’t see the point in flashlights where the cells are “balance charged” each time.

Balance issues are a problem with battery packs where the cells are never taken out of series.

Oh I’m with you on that. I just like recommending protected cells in multi cell lights, because I often get flack if I don’t- even if the light has low voltage protection. I found those recommendations a few pages back, so I just passed those on.

have any one resistor modded the FX-30 Driver in the L6 ? in other question can it be modded to give more Amps ?

Yes, and yes. :wink:

I remember reading about DB’s resistor mods earlier in this L6 thread, and just asked for more specific advice in this new thread . :wink:

Finally found a link to DB’s initial mod mentioned earlier: post #940 .

Not an internal mod’, rather an external mod’. Frankly I’m happy with the light as it is as far as brightness and runtime, but it needed modification for my use.

Today the Norland 61optical adhesive arrived and it just took moments to put the vials in place and glue them Thanks to the S2+ UV light. Glued multiple times to reinforce the glass vials. I bought 2 thinking that I might destroy one. They are significantly more rugged than I expected so after gluing the first one in place decided to use the second one to make the lit area bigger. In use, come the short days of winter and cold temp’s requiring gloves, just find the glow and slide the finger down.

The leader material and ring was my other mod’ to free both hands; it allows the use of an inexpensive over the neck sling carry. (see post #1796 in this thread- it wasn’t my idea)
The rig hangs the light with the glow and intensity button up. At this time for use w/o gloves, the vials aren’t required.

The vials glow was enhanced with UV. Without the UV and in the dark the vials are plenty bright enough, but not as bright as seen here.

The dropper tied out of 50# test leader material can be seen as well as the keyring that is the bridge between the dropper and the sling. If I would lift the light the dropper would sometimes slip out of the sling hardware. Now it stays clipped in.

Does the L6 comes with DTP MCPCB ? or a non DTP copper one ? i bought mine from GB

DTP board .

Only a few (1 or 2 or something like that) came without DTP , but now all flashlights have DTP boards .

The short keeppower cells STILL aren’t in stock! WTF! They were supposed to be available on the 8th, and 10 days later there still not available.

Might I please ask where they might become available, and how we might be able to assure that they are the short version before purchase?

There are other batteries protected and not that work.

+1
THESE work great…….

Those batteries shown would not work by themselves; they would need user intervention to have them work.

My M6 on batteries.

Efest Purple 4200mAh 26650 and Shockli 26650 IMR 4200mAh have worked for me.

If you will only except ‘protected’ Fenix has a 4800mAh protected that will fit perfectly, but at a step price.

Actually some of the LiitoKala 26650’s work just fine in series without any “user intervention”, ask ’bella-headlight’.
‘bella-headlight’ said it HERE

• If yours don’t you can do this little trick that Speed4goal outlined in post #39.
  • Or, you can use a Battery Series Connector like I did before ‘Speed4goal’ shared his “solution” for the LiitoKala’s.
  • Then of course there is always the old “magnet trick” used by some. (which I personally do not like)

But you are correct ‘sidecross’… even though the LiitoKala 26650’s are a fantastic battery at an unbelievable low price, if the user is not willing to compromise on the two points below; they are not for them.

• If one feels they need or want a ‘protected battery’.
  • If one is not willing to do one of the “user interventions” mentioned above.

Otherwise, the LiitoKala’s (at about $5.00 US) are a real bargain in my book.

Indeed I have 6 Liitokala 26650 cells bought as 3 separate purchases from 2 different suppliers (I like them so much I have 4 more on the way) & they all make contact in series in both my S70 & Jaxman Z1 with no intervention from me.
As I have posted previously I am surprised that they do as they are true flat tops & I did expect to have to add magnets but haven”t needed to.
It will be interesting to see if the 4 I have on the way will also make contact in series without intervention from myself.
I personally cannot see the need for protected cells in lights that have low voltage warning & cut off & that are removed for charging myself.

My Liitokala batteries arrived yesterday and they do not work without some kind of intervention; also I did not like the lose fit of these batteries in the L6.

The best fit, for me, needs a battery of 67mm up 69.8mm.

Edit: These are good economical batteries and I plan on using them on my single cell 26650 flashlights,

Hmmmmm….mine fit snugly in diameter and no looseness front to rear at all.

Well, I started to say none of my LiitoKala’s worked in series either, but it seems I just now found a pair of mine that do.
I left out the Series Connector and loaded the batteries in my L6 to check for any looseness of fit.
Lo & behold this combination of LiitoKala’s worked in series!!! :+1:

As for “looseness”, I can detect none at all in my L6 loaded with LiitoKala’s. They are a perfect fit in my L6… both length & diameter.
I can shake the crap out of the light and the batteries are held solid.

So, I guess the moral to this story is don’t let the negative report of ‘sidecross’ on the LiitoKala & L6 persuade you not to try them.
Nor should you take the positive report of ‘teacher’ (me) on the LiitoKala & L6 as a guarantee they will work for you in the L6.

Try them for yourself, if they work for you they are excellent batteries at an even greater price!!! :+1: