Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

This^. As long as the item was given to the carrier then it is out of the sellers hands, there is not a thing that can do to speed it up.

People complain about this all the time on ebay as well but the fact is, the seller has no control over shipping times past when they give it to the postal carrier.

Inside the US how far away you are plays the largest role in shipping times.

By personal experience I have found that if you try to ship something like a flashlight to a friend in China from Texas in the US, well, good luck with that. It’s easy to spend a great deal of money in shipping only to have the package go lost once it gets overseas. I sent a triple X6 to Neal at Banggood on my dime, I suspect a custom’s official is using it with great delight somewhere between here and there. About $30 shipping, supposedly tracked and insured, but it disappeared all the same and I never recovered anything from USPS. The equivalent to a $75 gift to a random stranger.

The point is, be glad when you receive packages from China regardless of the time involved. Free, even. Pretty miraculous in and of itself if you think about it, even in today’s times.

USPS only ships Express mail with a tracking number to China. All other ways don’t have tracking. The cheapest I could find from Michigan to China USPS with a tracking number was in the mid $60 dollar range using Express mail. Without a tracking number was like $25.00. I’m 2 for 2 where my package to china never showed up when not using a tracking number.

And how many packages have you had arrive safely FROM China, free shipping? I’ve had many many many packages make it here, don’t recall losing a single one (knocking on wood)

The quad X5 I sent via DHL for $60 shipping (sale price essentially, normally $100) made it through all right, for what it’s worth.

So true. Out of probably 50 or so packages coming from China, only 1 that never made it that I can think of. Shipping to China without a tracking number is like shipping into a black hole… lol

edit… when I said shipping “all other ways”, I meant all other USPS ways.

What do you think of thes batteries in the L6? Sony SE US26650VT 2600mAh (Green)
Sony SE US26650VT 2600mAh (Green)

Unless you already have those cells there are far far better options around. It is a very high drain cell but this is not needed with the L6 since it only pulls ~5A.

The LK cells have twice the capacity and are cheap.

That’s just it. I have these already and can’t wait to try the L6 when it gets here.

Thanks for responding

If you already have them, then feel free to use them. I use old laptop pulls extensively myself, they may not be the best but they work and I don’t have to worry about layman abusing them.

also ordered these ones but now having 2nd thoughts. Unprotected 26650 KeepPower 5200mAh IMR26650 High Discharge Flat Top. Bad call using unprotected in series or just be smart like always?

I do not even own a protected cell, as long as you follow basic lithium protocol you will be fine.

That’s what I was hoping to hear.

+1. I basically dislike protected cells. I have a few, but most of my collection is unprotected. That being said, I monitor my cells closely.

<—- have maybe 6 protected cells in my arsenal of over 300 cells. (at least 2 of those are in my kids light, one in my wifes light, 3 others in my Solarforce S2200… one of my first multi cell lights that I got over 3 years ago, pushing 4)

x2… I also prefer unprotected cells. Just follow standard safety procedures and you will be OK.

The biggest mistakes I see:
>Over charging
>Over discharging
>Mixing charged with depleted cells

Heads up!

The short (single cell) tube for the L2/L6 should be listed in the next few days. :sunglasses:

It will only be available in black at this time.

I’ll add the link to purchase and any additional info to the OP once it’s available in the Convoy store.

Yay! Happy that we’ll be able to order this before everything shuts down for Chinese New Year :slight_smile:

I believe it is supposed to be a bit longer to accept 2x26350’s and 26700 also, if I remember correctly? :+1:

You got it buddy. I don’t have one in my hands yet but should be 3mm longer than the old single cell tube and of course we incorporated the tactical/simple ring into the tube. Just too cool a feature not to be there. :sunglasses: