Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Maybe you can boost your veggie growth with some extra hours of light from your l6 :+1:
You will have so many you will have to learn to pickle them…. Jalepeno peppers , garlic , pickles , and carrots is the best mix.

Received mine today, and I love it! It’s exactly what I was hoping for: a light-cannon that lets me check out the whole field behind my house, nice balance of throw & flood, wonderful neutral tint. Thanks to JDub & Simon for making this happen! :beer:
I had my camera all set to take some beam shots tonight, comparing to my lightly-modded C8 (not really a competitor, of course, but it’s the closest/brightest comparison I own). Got all set to take pics, and my C8 battery died. I’ll get to it soon. :wink:
Also, FWIW, the protected KK 26650’s (actual length 69.75mm acc to Richard) just barely fit in my Nitecore i4 charger… I was hoping for an excuse to buy something a little nicer with a display anyway.

Dale, I’d still be interested in seeing a photo of your resistor mod if you get a chance! I’m interested in trying something like this as soon as the FX-30 driver becomes available at a more convenient/reliable website (in case I fry it during a mod attempt). TIA!

You mean thanks to JDub and Simon for making it happen, I only buy em. :wink:

Yes, that’s what I meant… J-D, DB, sounds so similar! Or something like that. Corrected above.
Still curious about more details or pics of your mods, if you get a chance!

Is there a confirmed source yet for the 69mm KeepPower 26650 5200mAH?

Mine is arrived to my country yesterday. I hope I will get it on Monday or Tuesday. :sunglasses:

Can’t wait for mine to land, I’m looking at a Monday Tuesday delivery. Interested in comparing it to my thorfire s70

My L6 is in the States!!! Sorry, had to tell someone. Can’t wait to see this beauty!

Yourrid, the L6 paired with an L2 are the perfect team. One for broad coverage and run time, one for punch and long distance disclosure, they are styled alike and represent the “L” line of Convoy, Luxury. :slight_smile: (see what I did there? Canon’s L class lenses, with the red ring around the lens, the L stands for Luxury.) :smiley:

Honestly, for someone not an addict like most of us, this pair would satisfy virtually every situation, only lacking a smaller compatriot and there are many Convoy lights that fit that bill, from the S2 and S2+ to the M1 and M2.

Just gotta love what Simon is doing here…

Ideed, latest L2 that i got have nearly perfect reflectors and glasses:was able to get 282 kmcds out of one( V6 1A at 5.7amps).

About L6: i still cant deside whitch one is better: s70 or L6- L6 has kinda better finnish but S70 have that lovely carrying strip and a lightened switch( the last revision brought thetransperat one back), L6 tail threat is much better though

P.S

We do definately miss L6 SMO reflector option

I finally managed to have some fun time with the L6, this thing is absolute beast when unleashed at dark places, nice big hotspot with very usable spill. I now love it even more :smiley:

Here are few beamshots taken with mobile phone camera, so they are not the best and accurate but still show the power of this light.

Can’t wait to do the resistor mod, to unleash true potential of the XHP70 led :smiley:

Not bad :+1:

These beamshots are looking incredible. I have a feeling I’ll be buying a second one soon… don’t tell my better half :innocent:

I love mine. If they come out with a natural finish, I’m buying one

Neutral finish? Choices of tint ? Stop ! Stop ! Yall are killin’ me.!!

The rumors are that they will be coming out with one. The one I have now is 5000K. The next one will be cool white just for the extra brightness. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 5000k version I have now, but I’ve always preferred cool white as long as there’s no noticeable blue or green. Just personal preference

Haven’t got a new light in long time and nothing near this power level save for M6 and SRK… Thinkin L6 will be my next. Heck, I know it will…Now…. to wait for new finish and maybe a battery tube upgrade since some cells will not fit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… :question:

When Simon releases the clear finish, I might actually have to buy another one… What? I can stop any time I want to… I just don’t want to yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Then I’d have the tough time of deciding which one I want to mod. Just for the record… a different finish on a flashlight constitutes it being a different flashlight, correct? :innocent: Therefor the quote “You already have that one,” is indeed a false statement. :smiley:

Just picked up a pair of these bad boys from my local vape shop for when the L6 arrives.

I bought 2 pairs of those Efest’s for my L6. So far so good :slight_smile: