Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Instead of think wires i used 2 “normal”. :wink:

…my diagram:

When I won my L6 in a giveaway I didn’t think I had much use for a 1000 lumen light, yet alone one that is nearly 4000 lumens. Now I don’t know how I lived without it!

Wow great beamshots!
First “camera” side-by-side L6/S70 beamshots I’ve seen.
Much appreciated.

Awesome pics jescereal! Hopefully I can get this light soon.

Nice beamshots, interesting how the bugs are more attracted to the cool light, something worth considering when taking flashlights outdoors.

Odd effect. I haven’t noticed any decrease in bug attraction with my MC-E or “warm” vs. my “cooler” LEDs (maybe Texas bugs are different) . Now increased brightness definitely attracts more insects in my experience.

I just stacked R120 resistor over the stock resistors and boy this thing pulls some serious current from the efest batteries, it starts @ 6.9A and settles at about 6.7A after 15-20 seconds. The batteries wont last long on turbo and the light will get very hot very fast but anyways i don’t use my flashlights for serious work, it is just a hobby so im fine with that :smiley:

AAAAAAAND yes, i cant wait to get dark here :slight_smile:

Edit:

With batteries fresh of the charger it shows 7.05A at start and drops to about 6.8A and stays there, at least for those 15-20 sec. i did the measure :slight_smile:

Has anyone else noticed a depression/divot under the MCPCB if they swapped emitters? I wasn’t planning on pushing this above stock output (I need at least one light with semi-respectable runtime, lol!), but it’s still a little disappointing.

Other than that, I love it with the hCRI N2 5A XHP70 from MtnE. It’s still got some of the typical “Cree corona grunge” but not as much as with the stock emitter.

That divot shouldn’t have any effect on the heatsinking as long as you have healthy amount of thermal paste.

Did you replace the MCPCB or just reflowed the new LED? Any height issues?

Nice!
Does the resistor mod affect all the modes, or just turbo?

I don’t think so, they are fairly close to the expected numbers

- 50mA on low

- 190mA on medium

• 1.72A on high

Can’t be sure how accurate those numbers are but even if they are not accurate the difference in brightness won’t be big so modes will stay perfect as they are.

I replaced the entire MCPCB with a SinkPad and didn’t have any height issues of note.

I took the weekend off and I see a lot of new posts here. Thank you very much Yourrid for all the kind words. :blush: I’m happy to have the opportunity to give back a little. I must in turn pass my gratitude on to Dale and KawiBoy who were and are always there when I have questions that are beyond my technical understanding. Let’s not forget all the great feedback from BLF members in this thread and in the L2 thread where this idea was born and to Simon for bringing this to life. Cheers to all. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

After having my 5000K L6 for several days, all I can say is I’m 100% happy with it. The on-off rubber boot feels about the same as the many I have in other flashlights. Not an issue at all. If I had one complaint, it would be the finish on the lock-down ring on the mode selector switch. It looks kind of cheap. I’m being very critical here. In the scheme of things, it’s a non-issue.
The bottom line is, I highly recommend the L6 to anyone looking for a high quality, high output flashlight…

I don’t have time to comment on all but I just wanted to say thanks for all the support and great feedback that’s been rolling in and thanks ZozzV6 and jescereal for all the sweet new beam shots! :+1:

Great job :+1:

No problem! I hope it helps people on the fence decide between the S70 and L6. Seeing the different modes compared is useful to me, so hopefully others find it useful too.

And awesome news: Simon is sending me a spare retaining ring. Great customer service! :smiley:

I recently order L6 and now I need 26650 batteries, I’ve never had contact with them only with 18650 so I need help.
I wanted to order Basen from banggood like someone recommend but I’m unable because they don’t want to shipp it.

So I found on GB this one Keeppower , and I was just wonder if they ok for this light because I read that not all 26650 will fit into the tube and I can not make a mistake because I need it only for this light ?

Here are the specs posted for the 26650 Keeppower battery you linked to above.

Product size (L x W x H): 6.6 x 2.6 x 2.6 cm

Yes, they will fit fine. At 66mm, they are well under the 70mm length limit.

There are actually a few batteries that work well. I use the thorfire protected 26650 from amazon, and the unprotected evva from mtn. Just to try it I used my 26650 sleeves and used lg hg2 18650 and they work fine get a shorter run time of course on turbo mostly but they do make it lighter. Also used Samsung 30q and it works as well. But only get about 40mins of bright turbo compared to the 26650